Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,344 Members 53,827 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how did sony handle reception now that ths plastic frame is gone?

Tip us?

zzcool
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Default how did sony handle reception now that ths plastic frame is gone?

Once leaks started to surface of the z3 i noticed that the corners were seperate and that the plastic inner frame i hated on previous xperias has been removed, so i assumed these corners were made of plastic replacing that frame, HOWEVER according too sony they are nylon and they are there to protect the phone, so then how did they solve the reception issue? theres no plastic lines anywhere on the phone not on the back not on the side, every non plastic phone has plastic lines for reception, z z1 and z2 had a inner plastic frame,iphone 6s has plastic lines, htc one m8 has plastic lines, but xpria z3 could be made without any plastic for reception how did they do this?

I also figured out why they wen't with that ugly speaker design, which is a step backwards in my opinion, the z2's subtle speaker were in the same location as the z3, but the plastic frame was there to cover it up now that the frame is gone the speaker had to be put right in the glass instead.

npaladin2000
Old
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Glass isn't going to block radio, and I can't see them bothering making the back metal if it's under glass, what's the point if no one's going to ever feel it? It's probably all plastic back there to let the RF through. And the nylon corners are probably RF-transparent as well.
If I ever use this space to beg for thanks, just slap me.

chetly968
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm so glad they got rid of the injection molding around the glass too. It started out nice looking but was the only part of my phone subjected to scuffs, dings and fading. Made the phone a little cheap looking over time. I told myself I wouldn't buy the Z3 if it was built the same way. It was the only thing wrong in an otherwise perfect phone for me.

Jiyeon90
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetly968 View Post
I'm so glad they got rid of the injection molding around the glass too. It started out nice looking but was the only part of my phone subjected to scuffs, dings and fading. Made the phone a little cheap looking over time. I told myself I wouldn't buy the Z3 if it was built the same way. It was the only thing wrong in an otherwise perfect phone for me.
I guess wearing a case would prevent that right?
Also, did you get the white one?