Xperia Z3 ****Official Indian Users****

OP unmaskedfalesh

4th February 2015, 04:13 PM   |  #341  
Thanks Meter: 37

85 posts
More
Hello people!
New Z3 owner here. Decided on upgrading to this from a Nexus 5. Had it for barely a few hours!

I need help. I'm trying to go through the whole root procedure without unlocking the bootloader. I'm stuck on the first step - ADB drivers!
Can anyone guide me on how to set up ADB? Like the file they've used to install it, or anything I'm missing out on. I'm using Win 7 64bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4th February 2015, 08:38 PM   |  #342  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 264

1,539 posts
More
1. First install the Z3 USB Drivers

2. Then you need to go to the Z3's "About" menu and click on build number multiple times and it will tell you that the developer menu is enabled.

3. Go to Developer menu and enable USB debugging.

4. Have ADB installed on your computer, and then do whatever you need from there. If on a PC in Command Prompt type "cd C:\<folder containing ADB> adb <command>
Last edited by abhinav.tella; 4th February 2015 at 08:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to abhinav.tella For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2015, 03:17 AM   |  #343  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 142

653 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohankumar.112

Hello people!
New Z3 owner here. Decided on upgrading to this from a Nexus 5. Had it for barely a few hours!

I need help. I'm trying to go through the whole root procedure without unlocking the bootloader. I'm stuck on the first step - ADB drivers!
Can anyone guide me on how to set up ADB? Like the file they've used to install it, or anything I'm missing out on. I'm using Win 7 64bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well this might help

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3017056
The Following User Says Thank You to unmaskedfalesh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2015, 05:37 AM   |  #344  
Thanks Meter: 37

85 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.tella

1. First install the Z3 USB Drivers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by unmaskedfalesh

Well this might help..

I want to thank you both for replying! I did however figure it out eventually. I was so exhausted by the end of it, I forgot to update my post. The problem was with the connection to the PC. It was initially in MTP mode and after trying everything, the pop up on the phone asking for ADB permission just wouldn't show up.

I finally had the the sense to change it to USB mass storage mode and BOOM! ADB connected.

What I do want to ask both of you is that does your ADB connect in MTP or USB Mass Storage. Also when In TWRP, does the Z3 show up in my computer?

I would ideally prefer ADB to run in MTP mode. I think it's just a case of messed up drivers.
5th February 2015, 06:11 AM   |  #345  
Flag Minneapolis

1,539 posts
More
I think you are correct I forgot about that.
5th February 2015, 08:02 AM   |  #346  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 142

653 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohankumar.112

I want to thank you both for replying! I did however figure it out eventually. I was so exhausted by the end of it, I forgot to update my post. The problem was with the connection to the PC. It was initially in MTP mode and after trying everything, the pop up on the phone asking for ADB permission just wouldn't show up.

I finally had the the sense to change it to USB mass storage mode and BOOM! ADB connected.

What I do want to ask both of you is that does your ADB connect in MTP or USB Mass Storage. Also when In TWRP, does the Z3 show up in my computer?

I would ideally prefer ADB to run in MTP mode. I think it's just a case of messed up drivers.

It works in mass storage as per my knowledge...
18th February 2015, 01:46 PM   |  #347  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Android 5.0 Lollipop for Xperia Z3 certified by Wi-Fi Alliance

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/02/18...i-fi-alliance/
22nd February 2015, 09:28 PM   |  #348  
Thanks Meter: 133

496 posts
More
Got my new Z3!
Guys! I got my new xperia Z3 (D6653) black today. I am currently using the Z2 (which is going strong by the way), but my gf likes my Z2 a lot, so it has to go. I had to choose between note4 & z3, out of which the latter suited my needs better hence I got the new Z3. My initial impression of the Z3 is that it has superb build quality (no uneven panel gaps or flaps are well placed etc.), screen & sound are bit better compared to Z2 and it feels great in hand. I am pretty happy with my purchase till now .
22nd February 2015, 09:41 PM   |  #349  
Flag Minneapolis

1,539 posts
More
Great choice, but with the Z4 on the way in a month or two you should have waited. It's a much bigger upgrade than going from Z1/Z2 to Z3 all of which use a similar chipset. The S810 is full generation newer more powerful and more battery/power efficient. With Sony shifting to one year dev cycle the Z4 should have better support.
22nd February 2015, 10:05 PM   |  #350  
Thanks Meter: 133

496 posts
More
Thanks abhinav! But I couldn't wait, needed a phone asap. As for the Z4, I honestly don't think it's going to be announced anytime soon. And even if it is in a couple of months or so, it's going to take another 2-3 months for defect free batches to arrive (based on my own experience of sony xperias)!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sony, sony z3, xperia, xperia z3
Previous Thread Next Thread