Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,906 Members 42,824 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

coming to sprint?

Tip us?
 
tft
Old
(Last edited by tft; 4th September 2014 at 08:29 AM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Posts: 550
Join Date: Feb 2008
Default coming to sprint?

does anyone have any real information if this is actually coming to sprint? there were tons of rumors and recent articles about a possible softbank partnership with sony to bring the phone to sprint at the end of this year, but based on the IFA details sony only mentions about t-mobile on the U.S side..

sprint is quick to posts the obvious (typical) new upcoming samsung phones in a press release here, yet mentions nothing about the xperia, while t-mobile posts the xperia.

sprint will really be going down the toilet if they don't start expand the phones they offer.. samsung, apple, samsung, apple, samsung, apple, samsung, apple, ..ugh....
 
hyelton
Old
#2  
hyelton's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,439
Posts: 5,026
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wilmington

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tft View Post
does anyone have any real information if this is actually coming to sprint? there were tons of rumors and recent articles about a possible softbank partnership with sony to bring the phone to sprint at the end of this year, but based on the IFA details sony only mentions about t-mobile on the U.S side..

sprint is quick to posts the obvious (typical) new upcoming samsung phones in a press release here, yet mentions nothing about the xperia, while t-mobile posts the xperia.

sprint will really be going down the toilet if they don't start expand the phones they offer.. samsung, apple, samsung, apple, samsung, apple, samsung, apple, ..ugh....

Problem with Sprint is its CDMA. All networks this phone is coming too are ALL GSM.
My Build: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | Amd FX-6300 OC to 4.5Ghz | Nvidia GTX-650-Ti | 8GB 1600 | 120GB Samsung 840 SSD | 500GB Hard Drive | Windows 7 Pro | NZXT 810 White Case.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 (White)

Check out my Personal site and Photography www.hunterspad.com

Please Click Thanks If I helped you in any way!
If you need anything Hosted Or mirrored: Send a PM my Way
My Server Specs: 24X Intel Xeon E5-2620 2.1Ghz,32GB Ram,2TB HD
 
Ascertion
Old
#3  
Ascertion's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,049
Posts: 2,393
Join Date: Mar 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
Problem with Sprint is its CDMA. All networks this phone is coming too are ALL GSM.
It's supposedly coming to Verizon, too. Sprint will get it. It's only a matter of when.
 
tft
Old
(Last edited by tft; 9th September 2014 at 06:21 AM.)
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Posts: 550
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascertion View Post
It's supposedly coming to Verizon, too. Sprint will get it. It's only a matter of when.
hope so.. there were a couple highly reputable website such as Reuters and Wall street journal that received inside info that the device is coming to sprint on a deal made by softbank with Sony.. so we shall see. something tells me that t-mobile will have some exclusive launch period though, or perhaps sprint will wait until they launch the new note 4 / edge before mentioning the xperia as they might not want to piss off samsung since they have a strong partnership i would assume..

there is a thread over at sprint forum about people wanting the device, so if you have sprint please take some times and show your support by submitting a post that you would like to see the xperia on sprint; https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/170526
 
paperWastage
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 406
Posts: 836
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
Problem with Sprint is its CDMA. All networks this phone is coming too are ALL GSM.
http://developer.sonymobile.com/down...all-downloads/

the Z3 models L55t/L55u are CDMA, just saying

(^ only works with China CDMA networks, not compatible with Verizon/Sprint's LTE)
Current Device:
Oppo Find 5 - experimental kernel
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes