Shaky charging port, Unroot

Search This thread

ckaidi

May 25, 2007
Singapore
Hey guys please advise.

My magnetic port is coming loose and harder to charge now. Planning to send to warranty claim.
Thing is its rooted. And I hardly use my old pc now. So checking is there any easier way to remove root other than reflash the stock rom?

Super thanks to everyone!!

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Hey guys please advise.

My magnetic port is coming loose and harder to charge now. Planning to send to warranty claim.
Thing is its rooted. And I hardly use my old pc now. So checking is there any easier way to remove root other than reflash the stock rom?

The easiest way is to use PC and flash stock ROM, otherwise if you just unroot manually you could leave some files on the system that could only be there from root.

Even easier than using flashtool would be to force a software repair from PCComapnion, but be aware this wipes all user data, but will leave your phone in the exact same state as when you unboxed it.

However, if you rooted via unlocking the bootloader, then the only way to restore it to factory state is to restore the TA partition backup you should have made prior to unlocking and then flashing a stock ROM before rebooting if you are on a non stock kernel/ROM (To avoid bootloops)

Reactions: ckaidi

bilal1214

May 27, 2015
The easiest way is to use PC and flash stock ROM, otherwise if you just unroot manually you could leave some files on the system that could only be there from root.

Even easier than using flashtool would be to force a software repair from PCComapnion, but be aware this wipes all user data, but will leave your phone in the exact same state as when you unboxed it.

However, if you rooted via unlocking the bootloader, then the only way to restore it to factory state is to restore the TA partition backup you should have made prior to unlocking and then flashing a stock ROM before rebooting if you are on a non stock kernel/ROM (To avoid bootloops)
how could i possibly unroot through pc companion it says that software is modified and cannot be updated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys please advise.