Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 44,024 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who's Getting This ?

Tip us?

RockStar2005
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanM RS View Post
the specs don't need to compete with Android devices... iOS is the best mOS and perfectly adapted to its phones... Android needs a battery save engine... but iOS saves power itself... (for example)... nobody needs a 20MP camera... it's great, wider angle, but I don't think the colors are as great as iPhone photos have...

I don't like these ugly rubber edges on Z3...
I don't know how else to compare 2 phones but by their specs, but ok. The OS from one to the another is usually not much different, though the UI/menu can vary, like b/t the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the HTC One M8, it's very different. I had the S5 for like 4 days and couldn't stand its overly complex (and bloated) UI/menu, so immediately I switched to the M8..... a MUCH better fit. Very simple and elegant, but NEVER lacking.

Yeah but have you read the reviews on the iPhone's battery life? It doesn't really match up with the Z3's (2 DAYS w/o a recharge). The battery saving being an option isn't a bad thing. People should have a choice, and that's what android is all about.

Well I disagree with you on the camera completely. People have higher expectations on their phone's camera these days because we use traditional cameras less and less. I have a Sony traditional camera with the Carl Zeiss lens, and it's fantastic! Only 16MPs, but still, fantastic. It's not just about the megapixels though............the Nokia Lumia phones have 40MPs, but the pics still come out just ok. It's the other stuff that a good camera does (i.e. light sensitivity, etc) that makes the difference. But the thing is, Sony's a master when it comes to cameras, and every review I've read on the Z2 and even Z3's camera has said the camera is excellent, but not so much on the iPhone 6's (I've seen its pics.... it's good, but not that impressive). In comparison, each review I've seen always chose the Z3 over the iPhone when it came to camera quality. Plus the iPhone's camera lens protrudes out.... while the Z3's (and all Androids') camera lens is flat. I prefer flat. Makes it easier to hold, and I think it looks nicer too.

And also, when it comes to sound, the Z3 will be the best Xperia phone yet by miles. In addition to the standard front-facing stereo speakers (which have been improved to be louder than the Z2's were and more like the M8's), the Z3 will feature both DSEE HX and Hi-Res (see link below for quick description), which do what Harman/Kardon did for the M8........ make the sound better. The iPhone has a SINGLE front-facing speaker, but the reviews that compared them said the iPhone can't compete with the Z3's stereo sound.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2pzbk41.jpg

After all is said and done, the reality is, it's how a phone makes you feel that really matters. Stats and other facts only influence ppl so much. As much as I love Sony and HTC, if their flagship phones were made of plastic or DIDN'T have front-facing stereo speakers, I wouldn't even be having this conversation. lol

RockStar2005

Ben Ling
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 7,168

DONATE TO ME
The Z3 goes on sale in Taiwan today at NTD20,900 which equals around 692 USD / 537 EUR

The headset is standard version & no charging dock included

Like My Work ? Donate To Me So That I Can Contribute To More Devices
Always Hit Thanks If You Like My Work