[ZTE Blade Q Reg/Mini] Guide/Mod - Partition memory & swap SD

Search This thread

linguine

Oct 26, 2016
Unlock the device if you can please

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Updates please thank you

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Unlock my device Boost Mobil could not thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edit: Confirmed by me to work on the Q Mini and by pustinjak on the regular Q. Should work on the Q Maxi as well (still need confirmation).

Edit 2: According to the scatter.txt posted by adrianjwf, it seems that this DOES NOT WORK ON THE MAXI.

DISCLAIMER: I take NO responsibility for ANY damage you do to your phone. This worked perfectly on mine. You have been warned, and should you choose to continue you do so at your own risk.

Guides I used:
    http://elizabethswikis.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/update-tutoial-re-partition-mtk6572.html
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2771291

Info:
    The current partition setup allocates about ~1gb to internal memory and about ~1gb to phone storage (emulated SD). The problem is, they are both actually phone memory split across 2 partitions.

What this mod will do is reallocate memory to internal storage, which will then be around ~2gb total. This will leave 90-95mb as "phone storage/emulated SD, which doesn't matter as we will then swap the emulated SD with the real SD card. So you will then have ~2gb internal storage and "x"gb external storage, which you will be able to move apps to ect.

Guide:

Important - I would strongly advise you only do this if you don't have anything stored on "phone storage/emulated SD", as in moved apps ect. Create a backup of any app/personal data you need with Titanium ect, then do a factory reset/wipe with CWM. Or do this:

I personally flashed my stock (untouched/like new) backup from CWM before I started.

Also note: From reading other threads, you should NOT flash previous CWM backups AFTER you've done this mod. So after you've done this, make a new backup with CWM and DON'T use any other backup you made prior.

Part 1

1. Download the ERB1_Mod.zip and SDswap_Mod.zip
    2. Copy the zips to your external SD card.
    3. Boot into CWM
    4. Install ERB1_Mod.zip in CWM
    5. After installation you shouldn't need to do any wipes, as the zip includes these
    6. Reboot system, I got a little worried here as this took a few minutes with my phone, but eventually it loaded. Be patient.
    7. Check settings > storage to confirm success.

Part 2

1. Boot back into CWM
    2. Install SDswap_Mod.zip
    3. Reboot system
    4. Check system storage again, external SD should now be under phone storage.

Bonus mod:

1. Download terminal emulator from the Play Store
    2. Type the following:
    su
    pm set-install-location 2
    3. Press enter and close terminal emulator

What this does is it allows you to move ANY app to the SD card (which will now be your actual SD card and thus have many GB's of space).
    Be careful what you move though, don't move launcher/keyboard/widgets/ect or any apps that has a widget you want to use.

That's it.

Like I said, this worked perfectly for me, but:
    YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NO GUARANTEES.

Screens:
    storages.png

Also I've included stock/reverse zips should you need them.

I haven't used the "Org" zips, but they are just stock/unmodified.

Here's what I would do if I was going to revert the partitions back:

1. Make a CWM backup, just because it's always a useful thing to do.

2. Use Titanium Backup (or whatever backup tool you prefer) to make a backups of anything I didn't want to lose.

3. Do a "Factory data reset" under Settings > Backup & Reset (or a data/factory wipe with CWM). The idea being, I want to return the phone to as stock as possible, so no apps installed ect and the entirety of the Internal Storage free as possible. (If you made a CWM backup immediately after you did the partition mod, you could restore that, as it should be pretty much stock).

4. Using CWM, flash the SDswap_Org.zip first and reboot, then check under settings > storage to make sure it worked. It should read something like: Internal Memory - ~2gb, Phone Storage - ~90mb, and SD Card - however big your SD card is.

5. Back in CWM, flash the EBR1_Org.zip and reboot.
    Root ZTE unlock

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Updates for developers
    1. enble unknown sources in setings and activate developer options also in settings (tap 7 times on build number in about phone)
    2. install Framaroot app,start it and tap on Boromir option.
    3. reboot and u will get Rooted phone and SuperSU app

thats it,for CWM installing procedure u have thread in this XDA subforum.

Good luck !!
    That is stock rom with Xposed framewok and Grafity box module instaled.
    some instructions about that xpodsed framwork, please :D
    Yes, justinjak is correct, it's the Xposed Framework, which you can get here: http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer

Theme wise I'm using a combination of GravityBox, Xstana and XthemeEngine with the Flats_Xtheme.

the scatter from Q maxi is unlike other blade.
    I meant to reply to this post earlier, I edited the thread title and OP to indicate that this mod seemingly will not work on the Maxi. Thanks for posting the scatter.txt.
    It is but it is called internal storage on pc and i cant install any app from sd
    I don't know what you mean that you can't install any app from SD? You mean, transfering the .apk over to your SD card and then using a file browser (Root Explorer/ect) on the phone to install the app, that doesn't work? I haven't had any issue like that.

When I connect my phone to my PC, it connects in MTP mode by default which looks like this in my computer:
    Untitled.jpg

Does yours not look like that? Or you are not able to transfer?

You could try switching to USB Storage mode:

When your phone is connected to the PC, pull down the notification bar and tap the part in red:
    usb1.png
    usb2.png
    usb3.png
    usb4.png

Then your SD should be recognized as a normal USB drive:
    Untitled1.jpg