FORUMS

[RECOVERY][STOCK]TWRP 3.3.1-0 UNOFFICIAL

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

Post Reply Email Thread
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

THIS RECOVERY IS FOR STOCK ROM AND WILL NOT WORK ON CUSTOM ROMS

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery
 * before using it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
Bugs:
- The "fastboot boot twrp.img" doesn't work, if you use the hardware buttons to open the blue fastboot bootloader mode. Only use adb, twrp or the android system to reboot into blue fastboot bootloader mode or flash the twrp.img, boot the device, reboot into bootloader and flash the original boot.img back, before booting into twrp.
You can also "fastboot reboot bootloader" in the blue fastboot mode.
This is a bootloader bug, maybe it gets fixed with the stock Q bootloader.

- Decrypt is not working for now (Is probably because the current stock firmware is still on May security patch - will be fixed with June/July patch)
- Touch not working when installed
- Please report any other bugs

Install guide:
Installing is currently not recommended because touch is not working on the installed version!
1. Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
2. Enter fastboot mode from adb
3. Unlock your bootloader
4. Run "fastboot boot twrp.img" in command line
6. Enjoy it

Optional (if you want to install it):
1. Boot from it (see the guide above)
2. Go to advanced -> Install recovery ramdisk
3. Choose the twrp img
4. Wait
5. You can now boot it with vol- and power button

If it keeps booting into TWRP and not System try
Code:
adb shell dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc

Download

Changelogs:

3.3.1-0 03.08.2019
- Initial Release

Source code:
https://github.com/Schritti/device-sony-mermaid
https://github.com/Schritti/device-sony-ganges

If you like my work, press thanks
I would appreciate your Donation

Thanks to:
@MartinX3 for helping me developing the TWRP
@Oshmoun for providing device trees for Ganges and Mermaid
@naoki2010 for Testing

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP, ROM for the Sony Xperia X10 Plus

Contributors
Schritti, MartinX3, Oshmoun, Marijn
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Pie Firmware

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 3.3.1-0
Beta Release Date: 2019-08-03

Created 2019-08-03
Last Updated 2019-08-05
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schritti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Schritti Ad-Free
12th August 2019, 03:12 AM |#5  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,015

More
My computer is down at the moment but I have a question does this supports the North American unlocked variant i3223? I looked at your sources and I don't see the i3223 variant.
14th August 2019, 09:41 AM |#6  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickkside13

My computer is down at the moment but I have a question does this supports the North American unlocked variant i3223? I looked at your sources and I don't see the i3223 variant.

All variants are supported
16th August 2019, 04:35 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I am having the worst time trying to get this device (i3223 variant) into recovery or into fastboot mode so I can boot into recovery via adb. The device is pattern locked and wasnt adb enabled before hand. I can get to where the light flashes blue after holding vol up while inserting usb but screen is blank then goes to a charging screen. I want to erase and test on this device. Its been a couple days and drivers are correct emma doesnt work and the sony companion wont recognize the device only that its locked. any help?
16th August 2019, 04:46 PM |#8  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clothtalklp

I am having the worst time trying to get this device (i3223 variant) into recovery or into fastboot mode so I can boot into recovery via adb. The device is pattern locked and wasnt adb enabled before hand. I can get to where the light flashes blue after holding vol up while inserting usb but screen is blank then goes to a charging screen. I want to erase and test on this device. Its been a couple days and drivers are correct emma doesnt work and the sony companion wont recognize the device only that its locked. any help?

It's normal, that the screen is black in fastboot mode. If the LED is Blue then it's alright.
When you're in fastboot mode (Blue LED) check the windows device manager, you might install the driver again for fastboot. If it shows a device called "Android" you have to right click it and install the correct driver.
9th September 2019, 11:17 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 553

More
I just got the phone unlocked so i will boot into TWRP and install it and debug the touch. I have the feeling that it might be just missing file.
12th September 2019, 07:23 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 553

More
I just tested the installed version of TWRP and touch works just fine. The TWRP on itself is little slow. Decryption is broken and we see just bunch of junk folders in internal storage as expected.
But decryption shoudlnt be an issue after i bake TWRP into my AOSP images.
Rebooting into OS is totally broken and even cleaning misc doesnt help. Boots to TWRP all the time. Again most likely just an issue that it was not installed in boot.img right away but had to be added.
8th October 2019, 11:35 PM |#11  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Detmold
Thanks Meter: 1,687

More
So about unlocking - my device/version isn't supported to unlock. Any hints?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)