Many of you may know that the fact Sony recently released Android 10 official firmware (53.1.A.2.2) for both Xperia 10 and 10 plus. but not all of the devices. I've been using Xperia 10 Plus I4293 Hong Kong variant for few months now. Even though official firmware released my device still haven't got the new update. Last night I've done a little bit experiment. I've downloaded 53.1.A.2.2 (Customized South Africa) firmware from XperiFirm and then done few changes inside the firmware folder. then using Androxyde flashtool created a new bundle for my Xperia 10 Plus I4293. I've renamed it Customized AU - 53.1.A.2.2. To this point I had no idea what's gonna happen next. But I still wanted to flashed it to my device and try it out. And guess what, it's actually worked. As I said before I've used South African firmware for my device. But after I put my sim card it's automatically detected as Australia. Surprisingly there's no country lock in that firmware. But in settings phone model shown as I4213 instead of I4293. Because after I flashed I4213 firmware into my device it's automatically converted it's model number. But as I know I4213 is the 4GB ram variant of the Xperia 10 plus. But in android system it's detect the 6GB ram. And the great thing is all the original Sony apps seems working perfectly, including Album, Camera pretty much everything.
And there was a common screen freeze or non responsive bug in these devices before. And now it's all gone. From my experience so far touch screen and touch responsive much better than before. Even the finger print sensor. seems like they actually fixed the previous bug with this update. I think that's a huge improvement for all these devices. I really want to flash actual Hong Kong version of the firmware to my device. but after couple weeks releasing the firmware for only for few regions, Sony still failing to provide the update for all the models of the same device.
[update:25/05/20 Actually the screen freeze issue still not completely gone. I'm still experiencing some of those issues as before as well as occupational ghost touches. But it's a really few amount compared to Android 9. I have no idea what causes that problem. I've even flashed LineageOS before. And yet problem arrived after few days.]
How to do it:
1. Download the I4213 - 53.1.A.2.2 firmware using the Flashtool by Androxye.
2. And also, add this flash script into the firmware folder before you create the bundle.
3. And then close the XperiFirm and click tools-->bundles-->create.
4. On that window, select the downloaded firmware folder, then select the device model you wanted to flash. So you need to select Xperia 10 (I4293) not I4213. [even though you've downloaded I4293 firmware you need to select I4293. Because we're flashing a I4293 device.]
5. On the branding and version tabs just type anything you want. And then select all the firmware files in folder list and click [->] button to add all those files to firmware content section. And click create button. I'll take some time to create the bundle.
6. And then click flash device icon and select flashmode option. you could see your firmware file on flashmode section, under I4293 . And That's pretty much it. And then you can flash the firmware into your device.
*Please be aware the fact that, after flashing this firmware into your device. It'll automatically convert into a I4213 device. But the android software will detect your 6GB ram without any problem. even the IMEI doesn't change. everything will be fine.
** And if Sony releases the firmware for I4293, you can flash those firmware file into your device and convert back to the original model number. And for that just follow the same steps. But for that you need to download I4293 firmware and create a bundle for I4213 and flash it to your device.
***And also as always, please make some backups before doing this.
[update:07/06/20 It's about a month Sony first released their 53.1.A.2.2 firmware for Xperia 10 plus 4GB ram [I4213] version. They included March 2020 android security patch even though, now it's few months older. When you check the security settings on your device you can see it's already outdated. And the irony is I4293 model still haven't got single android 10 update yet. And their security patch already outdated. Honestly Sony has the worst update delivery system ever. But luckily in Android 10 we can install more updated play store security patch.