FORUMS

Android 10 rom for Xperia 10 Plus Dual [I4293]

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By XOBOT.V2, Junior Member on 19th May 2020, 02:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have Flashed I4213 Android 10 rom into my I4293 device and this what happened.

Many of you may know that the fact Sony recently released Android 10 official firmware (53.1.A.2.2) for both Xperia 10 and 10 plus. but not all of the devices. I've been using Xperia 10 Plus I4293 Hong Kong variant for few months now. Even though official firmware released my device still haven't got the new update. Last night I've done a little bit experiment. I've downloaded 53.1.A.2.2 (Customized South Africa) firmware from XperiFirm and then done few changes inside the firmware folder. then using Androxyde flashtool created a new bundle for my Xperia 10 Plus I4293. I've renamed it Customized AU - 53.1.A.2.2. To this point I had no idea what's gonna happen next. But I still wanted to flashed it to my device and try it out. And guess what, it's actually worked. As I said before I've used South African firmware for my device. But after I put my sim card it's automatically detected as Australia. Surprisingly there's no country lock in that firmware. But in settings phone model shown as I4213 instead of I4293. Because after I flashed I4213 firmware into my device it's automatically converted it's model number. But as I know I4213 is the 4GB ram variant of the Xperia 10 plus. But in android system it's detect the 6GB ram. And the great thing is all the original Sony apps seems working perfectly, including Album, Camera pretty much everything.

And there was a common screen freeze or non responsive bug in these devices before. And now it's all gone. From my experience so far touch screen and touch responsive much better than before. Even the finger print sensor. seems like they actually fixed the previous bug with this update. I think that's a huge improvement for all these devices. I really want to flash actual Hong Kong version of the firmware to my device. but after couple weeks releasing the firmware for only for few regions, Sony still failing to provide the update for all the models of the same device.

[update:25/05/20 Actually the screen freeze issue still not completely gone. I'm still experiencing some of those issues as before as well as occupational ghost touches. But it's a really few amount compared to Android 9. I have no idea what causes that problem. I've even flashed LineageOS before. And yet problem arrived after few days.]

How to do it:
1. Download the I4213 - 53.1.A.2.2 firmware using the Flashtool by Androxye.

2. And also, add this flash script into the firmware folder before you create the bundle.

3. And then close the XperiFirm and click tools-->bundles-->create.

4. On that window, select the downloaded firmware folder, then select the device model you wanted to flash. So you need to select Xperia 10 (I4293) not I4213. [even though you've downloaded I4293 firmware you need to select I4293. Because we're flashing a I4293 device.]

5. On the branding and version tabs just type anything you want. And then select all the firmware files in folder list and click [->] button to add all those files to firmware content section. And click create button. I'll take some time to create the bundle.

6. And then click flash device icon and select flashmode option. you could see your firmware file on flashmode section, under I4293 . And That's pretty much it. And then you can flash the firmware into your device.

*Please be aware the fact that, after flashing this firmware into your device. It'll automatically convert into a I4213 device. But the android software will detect your 6GB ram without any problem. even the IMEI doesn't change. everything will be fine.
** And if Sony releases the firmware for I4293, you can flash those firmware file into your device and convert back to the original model number. And for that just follow the same steps. But for that you need to download I4293 firmware and create a bundle for I4213 and flash it to your device.
***And also as always, please make some backups before doing this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[update:07/06/20 It's about a month Sony first released their 53.1.A.2.2 firmware for Xperia 10 plus 4GB ram [I4213] version. They included March 2020 android security patch even though, now it's few months older. When you check the security settings on your device you can see it's already outdated. And the irony is I4293 model still haven't got single android 10 update yet. And their security patch already outdated. Honestly Sony has the worst update delivery system ever. But luckily in Android 10 we can install more updated play store security patch.

The Following User Says Thank You to XOBOT.V2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XOBOT.V2 Ad-Free
19th May 2020, 07:42 PM |#2  
Flag greece
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Someone received the official update on reddit and complained that he can not hear through the earpiece after the update to android 10,only through speaker during a call. Can you confirm that you can make and receive calls?
20th May 2020, 02:01 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathiosn

Someone received the official update on reddit and complained that he can not hear through the earpiece after the update to android 10,only through speaker during a call. Can you confirm that you can make and receive calls?

No. everything working for me. even ear proximity sensor works just fine. And I just found out that Sony released I4293 China version of the firmware. It's called Customized CN (53.1.A.3.8)
20th May 2020, 04:54 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi. Me too i want to flash android 10 but still no update for my xperia 10 i4193 hk. I already flashed tw taiwan firmware as it is more updated but still no android 10 update. Im thinking of trying what you did with your 10 plus. But you said on your post you change something in the firmware? Can you confirm that? Is that something like porting the firmware from different region to your i4293? And by the just now there is an update for your device but for china region i4293. The build number is quite different 53.1.a.3.8.
20th May 2020, 05:05 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solismartin96

Hi. Me too i want to flash android 10 but still no update for my xperia 10 i4193 hk. I already flashed tw taiwan firmware as it is more updated but still no android 10 update. Im thinking of trying what you did with your 10 plus. But you said on your post you change something in the firmware? Can you confirm that? Is that something like porting the firmware from different region to your i4293? And by the just now there is an update for your device but for china region i4293. The build number is quite different 53.1.a.3.8.

I can actually provide you the firmware file I've used to flash. And yes, right now there's 53.1.A.3.8 Which is indeed Chinese market version. We can actually flash that to our device without doing any changes because model number is the same. I'm actually thinking about re-flashing 53.1.A.3.8 version into my device. But I'm still wondering what's different between 53.1.A.3.8 and 53.1.A.2.2.
The Following User Says Thank You to XOBOT.V2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XOBOT.V2 Ad-Free
20th May 2020, 05:57 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XOBOT.V2

I can actually provide you the firmware file I've used to flash. And yes, right now there's 53.1.A.3.8 Which is indeed Chinese market version. We can actually flash that to our device without doing any changes because model number is the same. I'm actually thinking about re-flashing 53.1.A.3.8 version into my device. But I'm still wondering what's different between 53.1.A.3.8 and 53.1.A.2.2.

yes im also wondering whats the difference. I tried googling but didn't find anything. However for my xperia 10, not 10 plus. I4193 doesnt have china only hk and tw. And still nothing even the 53.1.a.3.8

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

Quote:

can you walk me through with the process. I believe its customized za right but in my case it'll be for i4113 to my i4193. What are the tools needed and the instructions. I might flash it if i can no longer wait for hk or tw update. TIA.
20th May 2020, 11:17 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Melbourne

More
Quote:

yes im also wondering whats the difference. I tried googling but didn't find anything. However for my xperia 10, not 10 plus. I4193 doesnt have china only hk and tw. And still nothing even the 53.1.a.3.8

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

can you walk me through with the process. I believe its customized za right but in my case it'll be for i4113 to my i4193. What are the tools needed and the instructions. I might flash it if i can no longer wait for hk or tw update. TIA.

You don't have to change pretty much anything. Just download the firmware using the Flashtool by Androxye. In your case I4113 South African firmware. And then click tools-->bundles-->create. On that window, select the downloaded firmware folder, then select the device model you wanted to flash. So you need to select Xperia 10 (I4193) not I4113. On the branding and version tabs just type anything you want. And then select all the firmware files in folder list and click [->] button. And finally click create button. And then you could see your firmware file on flashmode section. And don't forget to add a flash script into the firmware folder before you create the bundle. That's pretty much it. And then you can flash the firmware into your device.

20th May 2020, 11:42 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Melbourne

More
And also I've found about the 53.1.A.3.8 firmware. Just don't worry about it. It's also Android 10 without google services for china region. They using baidu network instead of google. There's no single google app in that firmware.
20th May 2020, 09:14 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

You don't have to change pretty much anything. Just download the firmware using the Flashtool by Androxye. In your case I4113 South African firmware. And then click tools-->bundles-->create. On that window, select the downloaded firmware folder, then select the device model you wanted to flash. So you need to select Xperia 10 (I4193) not I4113. On the branding and version tabs just type anything you want. And then select all the firmware files in folder list and click [->] button. And finally click create button. And then you could see your firmware file on flashmode section. And don't forget to add a flash script into the firmware folder before you create the bundle. That's pretty much it. And then you can flash the firmware into your device.

nice thank you! I dont know how to add a flash script can you also help me with that. This is flashing through PC right? If still no update I'll do it on weekend.
21st May 2020, 01:50 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Melbourne

More
Quote:

nice thank you! I dont know how to add a flash script can you also help me with that. This is flashing through PC right? If still no update I'll do it on weekend.

Yeah I just checked still nothing. Use this 53.0.zip flash script. It'll work. just extract the extract the 53.0.fsc file and copy it to your downloaded firmware file before you create a bundle. And yes, this flashing with the PC.
21st May 2020, 10:00 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

Yeah I just checked still nothing. Use this Attachment 5023353 flash script. It'll work. just extract the extract the 53.0.fsc file and copy it to your downloaded firmware file before you create a bundle. And yes, this flashing with the PC.

it worked! I was able to flash android 10 53.1.a.2.2 of i4113 to my i4193 and it works fine. Thanks for your help. I would say this should have its own thread on xperia 10 thanks again!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)