FORUMS

[Q] can someone provide me a guide how to unlock bootloader. i got some problem here

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 160
 
By I'm-Swiftie1989, Member on 11th August 2019, 09:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
i tried to do it my self. follow an instruction from a official website and other

https://developer.sony.com/develop/o...ck-bootloader/
https://www.getdroidtips.com/how-to-...Pre-Requisites

which i got stuck at, when i boot into bootloader mode . the phone seem to restart and appear only black screen with blue indicator.
then i tried to check if it still connect to adb or not, with {adb devices} its not listed there

PS.
-the drivers work fine
-my Xperia 10 plus model is I4293
15th August 2019, 12:57 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
The LED is all you get. The screen stays black for fastboot and flash modes. Not sure why adb devices isn't working.
17th August 2019, 09:16 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 160
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaben

The LED is all you get. The screen stays black for fastboot and flash modes. Not sure why adb devices isn't working.

one thing weird

i using a Xperia Tool (Xperia Companion) and it display the text that my phone need to unlock the screen or allow to use data tranfer

which i already check a USB debugging to be on, and every time i connect it to my PC, it still ask me a permission to be allow or not

maybe this is a problem here ?
3rd September 2019, 04:35 PM |#4  
Haxk20's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 553
 
More
It cant be listed in ADB if the android isnt running.
Blue LED means fastboot mode. So to check if the device is in that mode you do "fastboot devices".
Once the LED is blue you can unlock the bootloader with the command "fastboot oem unlock 0x<insert your unlock code>".
The Following User Says Thank You to Haxk20 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Haxk20 Ad-Free
17th November 2019, 03:02 PM |#5  
ZimpleThing's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Samut Songkhram
Thanks Meter: 2
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxk20

It cant be listed in ADB if the android isnt running.
Blue LED means fastboot mode. So to check if the device is in that mode you do "fastboot devices".
Once the LED is blue you can unlock the bootloader with the command "fastboot oem unlock 0x<insert your unlock code>".

When I pressed to volume up button and plug the cable in, led turned red>blue>off. I tried releasing the button at a different colour, but my phone still did not go into fastboot mode. Did I do something wrong?
17th November 2019, 03:15 PM |#6  
Haxk20's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 553
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimpleThing

When I pressed to volume up button and plug the cable in, led turned red>blue>off. I tried releasing the button at a different colour, but my phone still did not go into fastboot mode. Did I do something wrong?

I guess you are using windows. This is issue on windows when you don't install adb drivers. There should be tutorial on Sony site how to install them.
17th November 2019, 03:53 PM |#7  
ZimpleThing's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Samut Songkhram
Thanks Meter: 2
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxk20

I guess you are using windows. This is issue on windows when you don't install adb drivers. There should be tutorial on Sony site how to install them.

Yes, I am using Windows 10, but let me clarify my understanding first.

From what you said, I need to manually install the ADB driver by Device Manager > Portable Devices > Xperia 10 Plus > Browse my com... And that driver, I should get it from Sony site, but I only see Xperia 1, 5 and 8, not 10 nor 10 Plus.

However, I could see my phone by using command adb devices through minimal ADB and Fastboot. Does this imply that the driver is installed already?
17th November 2019, 04:34 PM |#8  
Haxk20's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 553
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimpleThing

Yes, I am using Windows 10, but let me clarify my understanding first.

From what you said, I need to manually install the ADB driver by Device Manager > Portable Devices > Xperia 10 Plus > Browse my com... And that driver, I should get it from Sony site, but I only see Xperia 1, 5 and 8, not 10 nor 10 Plus.

However, I could see my phone by using command adb devices through minimal ADB and Fastboot. Does this imply that the driver is installed already?

Adb and fastboot are not the same thing so you have to get fastboot driver.
I have no clue where this driver is as I use Linux only which includes the driver by default.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haxk20 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Haxk20 Ad-Free
18th November 2019, 03:16 AM |#9  
ZimpleThing's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Samut Songkhram
Thanks Meter: 2
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxk20

Adb and fastboot are not the same thing so you have to get fastboot driver.
I have no clue where this driver is as I use Linux only which includes the driver by default.


I see. There is a fastboot driver on Sony site, but it was uploaded since 2014. I successfully installed it, but still nothing seems to work. I will try on Ubuntu later. Thanks for your help.
18th November 2019, 05:16 AM |#10  
Haxk20's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 553
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimpleThing

I see. There is a fastboot driver on Sony site, but it was uploaded since 2014. I successfully installed it, but still nothing seems to work. I will try on Ubuntu later. Thanks for your help.

There is a thanks button. Hit it instead of saying it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haxk20 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Haxk20 Ad-Free
18th November 2019, 05:29 AM |#11  
ZimpleThing's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Samut Songkhram
Thanks Meter: 2
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxk20

There is a thanks button. Hit it instead of saying it.

I just manage to correctly installed driver, my phone is now rooted, and everything is working fine now.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZimpleThing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZimpleThing Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, xperia 10 plus

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes