FORUMS

Magisk 19.1 / 7.1.2 Notes

57 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By Zaben, Member on 2nd May 2019, 01:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is for if you have Magisk 18.1 installed with manager version 7.1.1. Upgrading to manager 7.1.2 and then directly installing 19.1 caused my I3223 to go into a boot loop.

Image patching seems to have changed as well. With manager 7.1.1 we were able to directly patch the boot_X_FLASH_ALL-*.sin file. I had to extract boot.000 from the sin file before the new manager would patch it. Even so, the result is still a boot loop.

Reflashing older patched boot images did not restore root. In short, hold off on upgrading Magisk. If you have a solution please share. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zaben For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zaben Ad-Free
2nd May 2019, 08:34 AM |#2  
Flag Oak Lawn, IL
Thanks Meter: 106

More
I was able to flash the older (v18.1) magisk patched boot image using fastboot. I will attach the image here if you need too. I had to split the RAR file into 3 parts due to limitation of XDA of RAR files to be 8MB.

Root is working fine, I was able to grant access to Titanium Backup. But seriously that was messed up. If that happened to my Shield TV and I lost all of my games I will be furious. Luckily, I tried that on the Shield TV before knowing it will mess up my Xperia 10 plus phone. What is more messed up is there is no way from Magisk Manager to keep using older APK or download older version of Magisk, I tried Custom URL in the settings to check the update from, but all I got was a spinning wheel while checking for updates.

Currently running Magisk Manager 7.1.2 and v18.1 , just ignoring the ZIP update.

Rule of thumb, if it aint broken, don't fix / update.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebel_X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rebel_X Ad-Free
2nd May 2019, 02:46 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Thank you Rebel_X. I will try again tonight. I was hoping to retain userdata but that's probably what's giving me problems with the revert.
10th May 2019, 09:52 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Has anyone tried 19.1 patched boot image on a fully reset phone? Do we know if that works?
13th May 2019, 06:52 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_X

I was able to flash the older (v18.1) magisk patched boot image using fastboot. I will attach the image here if you need too. I had to split the RAR file into 3 parts due to limitation of XDA of RAR files to be 8MB.

Root is working fine, I was able to grant access to Titanium Backup. But seriously that was messed up. If that happened to my Shield TV and I lost all of my games I will be furious. Luckily, I tried that on the Shield TV before knowing it will mess up my Xperia 10 plus phone. What is more messed up is there is no way from Magisk Manager to keep using older APK or download older version of Magisk, I tried Custom URL in the settings to check the update from, but all I got was a spinning wheel while checking for updates.

Currently running Magisk Manager 7.1.2 and v18.1 , just ignoring the ZIP update.

Rule of thumb, if it aint broken, don't fix / update.

Hay, what model is your Xperia 10 plus?
My phone is I4293, i used your boot.img, when reboot, nothing is changed, just not rooted.
13th May 2019, 07:27 AM |#6  
Flag Oak Lawn, IL
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yishisanren

Hay, what model is your Xperia 10 plus?
My phone is I4293, i used your boot.img, when reboot, nothing is changed, just not rooted.

Mine is I3223. I don't know if it is compatible with your model, but if it flashed fine and the phone booted, try to install magisk manager apk v7.1.1 and see if you are rooted.
13th May 2019, 09:21 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_X

Mine is I3223. I don't know if it is compatible with your model, but if it flashed fine and the phone booted, try to install magisk manager apk v7.1.1 and see if you are rooted.

It flashed fine, also my phone can be booted, but not rooted.
4th June 2019, 06:30 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Have you guys tried to summit a bug report on magisk's github issue page?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)