[GUIDE] How to root debrand and/or remove Retail mode for Mate 20 Lite - SNE-LXX

Search This thread

Paget96

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 29, 2013
Krusevac

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191030_113927_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191030_113927_com.android.chrome.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 618

kurkawodna

Oct 3, 2019
I buy a phone, it is mine and I can do with it what I want but not root, because the little yellow hands have inserted a block. ****, I'm selling ****.

Last edited:

gr4v3d

Jan 13, 2020
Does this still work ?

In short i've recently ****ed myself over by doing a factory reset of my Huawei Mate 20 lite (why i'm here), and i had quite a few images from my trip to Italy, and other ones which i would like to have back, but were deleted.
I tried using PhotoREC but it didn't read my phone, it did not show up at all. I've read that the apps that would help me with this, require ROOTing your phone.
Which led me here
And i've all the posts in this thread, but I honestly can't really comprehend, understand what i'm supposed to do
Please reply, if you KNOW this still works, and explain what to do

please

Padder08

Jun 25, 2022
I am not sure, if this is still working. I tried it.

I am working on SNE-LX1 with Version 10.0.0.245 (C432). I am unlocking the bootloader temporary with DC Phoenix (paid lizence) and am able to flash into the bootloader. First flashing "patched_ramdisk" in "ramdisk" (i created my own "patched_ramdisk" with magisk 25.1 and the current UPDATE.APP) and after that flashing NOCHECK into "recovery_ramdisk". After that the device gets looped into an boot error "Your device has failed verification and may not work properly" (-> Press Power Key to continue). After pressing Power i get into eRecovery.

The only way to get out of the loop ist to shutdown the device, then pressing VOLUME UP + POWER (for long) to get into the Upgrade Menu and install the current Version via USB. Or flashing back the original ramdisk.img .

If I understood correctly the file "SNE_recovery_NoCheck.img" shall prevent a verification check of the recovery, but it won't. And the next thing is: The phone should start into Android with POWER after that error, but it won't do it as well. He boots into eRecovery. So I guess, my patched_ramdisk broke the Android installation.

Can someone explain me and other a working way installing Magisk?
Kindly regards Padder

Last edited:

93boba

Jan 23, 2014
Jagodina
HTC One (M8)
Amazon Fire TV
I am not sure, if this is still working. I tried it.

I am working on SNE-LX1 with Version 10.0.0.245 (C432). I am unlocking the bootloader temporary with DC Phoenix (paid lizence) and am able to flash into the bootloader. First flashing "patched_ramdisk" in "ramdisk" (i created my own "patched_ramdisk" with magisk 25.1 and the current UPDATE.APP) and after that flashing NOCHECK into "recovery_ramdisk". After that the device gets looped into an boot error "Your device has failed verification and may not work properly" (-> Press Power Key to continue). After pressing Power i get into eRecovery.

The only way to get out of the loop ist to shutdown the device, then pressing VOLUME UP + POWER (for long) to get into the Upgrade Menu and install the current Version via USB. Or flashing back the original ramdisk.img .

If I understood correctly the file "SNE_recovery_NoCheck.img" shall prevent a verification check of the recovery, but it won't. And the next thing is: The phone should start into Android with POWER after that error, but it won't do it as well. He boots into eRecovery. So I guess, my patched_ramdisk broke the Android installation.

Can someone explain me and other a working way installing Magisk?
Kindly regards Padder
You had to flash TWRP and flash Magisk with it...
Can you please explain how did you unlock the bootloader? This DC Phoneix stuff is super messy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download your Files what you need to flash!
    Download Patched Ramdisk and Nocheckimg (Pass: mrrib)

Unlock Your Bootloader
    Boot into fastboot mode and flash nocheckrecovery and Patched Ramdisk
    type
    fastboot flash ramdisk mate20lite_patched_boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk SNE_recovery_NoCheck.img

Boot into Android System enable adb debbuging in developer settings.
    Rename and copy firmware files via MTP to your internal memory
    update_data_full_public.zip -> update_data_public.zip
    update.zip -> update.zip
    update_full_SNE-LXX_hw_eu.zip -> update_all_hw.zip
    Install Magisk Manager MagiskManager.apk
    Copy OEM info binary file to internal memory oeminfo.bin

Start ADB
    type one by one
    adb shell
    su
    accept the prompt at your Mate 20 Lite
    mkdir /data/local/tmp
    mv /sdcard/oeminfo /data/local/tmp
    cd /data/local/tmp
    chmod +x oeminfo
    Example for SNE-L21C432
    ./oeminfo SNE-L21 C432 hw/eu
    mkdir /data/update/HWOTA
    cd /sdcard/
    mv *.zip /data/update/HWOTA
    Paste recovery command(all lines at once) and wait for prompt to be shown before next step:
    echo "--update_package=/data/update/HWOTA/update.zip" > /cache/recovery/command
    echo "--update_package=/data/update/HWOTA/update_data_public.zip" >> /cache/recovery/command
    echo "--update_package=/data/update/HWOTA/update_all_hw.zip" >> /cache/recovery/command
    exit
    exit
    adb reboot recovery

Looks like this:

D:\Huawei\adb>adb shell
    HWSNE:/ $ su
    HWSNE:/ # mv /sdcard/oeminfo /data/local/tmp
    HWSNE:/ # cd /data/local/tmp
    HWSNE:/data/local/tmp # chmod +x oeminfo
    HWSNE:/data/local/tmp # ./oeminfo SNE-L21 C432 hw/eu
    HWSNE:/data/local/tmp # mkdir /data/update/HWOTA
    HWSNE:/data/local/tmp # cd /sdcard/
    HWSNE:/sdcard # mv *.zip /data/update/HWOTA
    HWSNE:/sdcard # echo "--update_package=/data/update/HWOTA/update.zip" > /cache/recovery/command
    HWSNE:/sdcard # echo "--update_package=/data/update/HWOTA/update_data_public.zip" >> /cache/recovery/command
    HWSNE:/sdcard # echo "--update_package=/data/update/HWOTA/update_all_hw.zip" >> /cache/recovery/command
    HWSNE:/sdcard # exit
    HWSNE:/ $ exit
    D:\Huawei\adb>adb reboot recovery

Phone will reboot and starts to install and Rebrand your Phone

ROOT ONLY
    1.Unlock Your Bootloader
    2.Root your Mate 20 Lite with Patched Ramdisk
    3.Install Magisk Manager MagiskManager.apk
    4. Update MagiskManager
    how can we unlock the bootloader?
    Did i have to get unlock code to this way work or what ?? no response ??

off course, it does say in the instructions that you have to unlock the bootloader.

to bad that you can't get unlock codes, it was open a few days ago but now it's closed again.