nicorg3221

Oct 8, 2016
zYkSW7S.png

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0.x (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Not Working
  • Device encryption

Recovery: Merlin
ROM: Merlin 20190511
Donation: paypal.me/nicorg3221

Source: android_device_motorola_msm8916-common
Many credits to @hritikutekar @althafvly @Ahmed Hady @chil360 @rahul9999 and all the open sourced maintainers I missed here!

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial LineageOS 16.0 for Moto G Turbo, ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
nicorg3221
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-09-19
Last Updated 2019-05-12

Last edited:

nicorg3221

Oct 8, 2016
Update

Sync latest source with May security update and 9.0.0_r37
Fix installation script, no longer get interrupted by magisk addon

Sync latest source with April security update and 9.0.0_r35
Increase amount of visible notification icons

Sync latest source with Mar security update and 9.0.0_r34
Revert change that broke WiFi in certain case
Revert change that may have caused low audio volume (Please report if you notice any improvement or not)
Fix manual network selection

Fix VoLTE (tested by few users. Credits to @Rathore89 for testing and many logs)
Add double tap to wake toggle (Settings > Display > Tap to wake)

Sync latest source with Feb security update and 9.0.0_r31
Fix enable/disable sim completely
Fix screen recording

Clean flash (wipe data) may be needed
Sync latest source with Jan security update and 9.0.0_r30
Fix camera HDR
Fix enable/disable sim (still buggy when activating sim, wait for 10 sec after error message, restart if still does not work)
Add "Picture Adjustment" in LiveDisplay (LineageOS interface to tune display hue, etc)

Sync latest source with Dec security update and 9.0.0_r21
Fix FM radio
Enable always on display option (not recommended. mind battery drain)

Sync latest source with Nov security update
Dark theme working
Fix wifi hotspot (for real this time)
Add function to disable sim card

Mainly update from LineageOS source
Remove cluster plug and cpu boost which are no longer used from kernel

Prompt installation error when install script is interrupted by addon script
Enable cpuset in kernel

Sync latest source with Oct security update
Fix mp3/ audio play
Fix wifi hotspot (it was sepolicy issue)
Fix camera first open after boot bug
Add power HAL to manage power and performance (it may improve battery life and reduce performance, please let me know how it works on your device)

Kernel feature:
Add double tap to wake (disabled by default)
Add usb fast charge (disabled by default) and more..

Remove [BETA] status as it is reported by a few user that it works ok.

Sync latest source
SElinux Enforcing (basic functions working, need more testing, welcome report from testers)

Initial release

Last edited:
Reactions: Rahuketu2

nicorg3221

Oct 8, 2016
Update
Sync latest source
SElinux Enforcing (basic functions working, need more testing, welcome report from testers)

Last edited:

nicorg3221

Oct 8, 2016
Guys let me know if this ROM is working for you or not. Feel free to report bug or missing features.

Arpan22

Jun 23, 2016
My rom is not working. I was using pixel experience on twrp 3.0 0 when i tried to flash it it showed error 7. So i tried to install the given recovery and twrp 3.2.3 but both didn't boot. My phone just goes black after pressing recovery mode and my cmd shows bootloader has slot dunno why. Could you help?

nicorg3221

Oct 8, 2016
My rom is not working. I was using pixel experience on twrp 3.0 0 when i tried to flash it it showed error 7. So i tried to install the given recovery and twrp 3.2.3 but both didn't boot. My phone just goes black after pressing recovery mode and my cmd shows bootloader has slot dunno why. Could you help?
Did you follow the installation guide in TWRP 3.2.3 post? My recovery is based on 3.2.3 by squid2 with small modification. I guess the problem is related to the 3.2.3 recovery. Please ask in TWRP 3.2.3 post.

Santana12

Jan 4, 2016
ROM is working fine but can not play mp3 music. I tested on Pulsar, google play music and native music player, on MX player worked.

Santana12

Jan 4, 2016
I tried the short mp3 and it plays normally, You can try search for "OpenBSD 6.1 winter of 95" it is a free song, I can't post links, sorry . I have noticed that mp3 on SDcard gives me this error "java.lang.IllegalStateExeception: songs cannot play, the media format may not be supported". and if the song is on internal storage the time runs but no sound.

Reactions: nicorg3221

Nishant_T

Mar 28, 2017
.MP3 file playback error in most MP3 players

I also have problems with .MP3 file playback with this ROM. The built-in equaliser is not working for me but I use viper4android and it's working fine when I stream music. VoLTE is not working.
Overall a great ROM and really appreciate your work. Finally we have a pie ROM for our Moto G Turbo Merlin.:cool:

Reactions: nicorg3221

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zYkSW7S.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0.x (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Not Working
    • Device encryption

Recovery: Merlin
    ROM: Merlin 20190511
    Donation: paypal.me/nicorg3221

Source: android_device_motorola_msm8916-common
    Many credits to @hritikutekar @althafvly @Ahmed Hady @chil360 @rahul9999 and all the open sourced maintainers I missed here!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial LineageOS 16.0 for Moto G Turbo, ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
    nicorg3221
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-09-19
    Last Updated 2019-05-12
    Can we expect any future build @nicorg3221

ill try to update security patches.
    New build is up!

Sync latest source with Nov security update
    Dark theme working
    Fix wifi hotspot (for real this time)
    Add function to disable sim card
    New build is up!

* Fix VoLTE (tested by few users. Credits to @Rathore89 for testing and many logs)
    * Add double tap to wake toggle (Settings > Display > Tap to wake)
    Yes. I've tried to disable and enable permission, but don't fixes the problem. I think that you compiled this ROM with an earlier retail of Lineage.
    I think I will build again and make a proper release after January security update is ready