[CLOSED][EOL][ROM][Osprey][LineageOS 14.1][Substratum][microG] (hardened)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
thank you that was the problem, any tips on this build regarding battery lifetime? i had to use gapps so i was wondering if i have to disable microG? thanks you
If you wish to use the "real" Gapps, you need to use build variant A. In that case, there is no microG, only the patch allowing to use microG, and this has no further impact, if you use Gapps.
No specific advice on battery life.

New builds available for download (TEST)

Hi all, new builds ready for download.
Same as last month, I could not test, since my son is still away.
However, as the device-independent parts definitely work fine, I simply have postponed applying kernel patches, therefore security string this time is 2019-07-01 only.
(Will patch the kernel later this month, when I have the opportunity to test)

A. Default LineageOS 14.1 with substratum and microG patch
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117909763
System Webview updated to M75

B. Hardened build with pre-installed microG and F-Droid
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117909762

C. Above hardened microG build with substratum patch
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117909761

Happy flashing - regards, M.

kaanten

Jan 7, 2009
Buitenpost
Thanks for all the hard work bro!

Hi all, new builds ready for download.
Same as last month, I could not test, since my son is still away.
However, as the device-independent parts definitely work fine, I simply have postponed applying kernel patches, therefore security string this time is 2019-07-01 only.
(Will patch the kernel later this month, when I have the opportunity to test)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117909763
System Webview updated to M75

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117909762

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117909761

Happy flashing - regards, M.

Do you plan to launch a rom with LineageOS 15.1?
Currently not for Osprey.
Main reason is that my son (who's not living with us right now) uses the device, so testing opportunities are limited to his visits - good enough to maintain a stable release with ASB patches, but definitely not suitable to bring up a device to the next Android version.
Besides, no true "game changing" advantage...

I do not have themes anymore. Not even substratum. I use the B variation: hardened microG LineageOS build of yours. Does your advice stand still? I am double checking because in your falcon thread you stated it was safer if you removed microG-related files before dirty flashing a new update of the ROM.
Don't mix things :) - If you stay within the same build variant, you can simply dirty-flash.

Variant A = oms (i.e. no microG prebuilt) - available for falcon and osprey
Variant B = prebuilt microG (i.e. no oms) - available only for osprey
Variant C = oms and prebuilt microG - available for falcon and osprey

Regarding OMS:
When switching build-flavors from oms to non-oms (A => B or C => B) and you had been using substratum themes before, you must purge the compiled themes, restore first the standard layout, remove all installed themes and uninstall the substratum app before flashing the build variant B.

Regarding microG:
When switching from a build variant A, which contains the microG patch but no pre-installed microG components, to any variant having microG pre-installed (B or C) and you had microG installed as regular user-apps (e.g. downloaded from F-Droid), then you should uninstall all the microG apps first.
If you would like to switch from a microG build flavor to the oms flavor (A), you need to deactivate all microG apps before, this will uninstall any microG updates and make sure, that nothing is left after flashing the oms build flavor.

Hope that clarifies :)

Thought for a while you weren't updating the builds. It's just that you no longer make a post saying you did, but OP does receive the changes with the download link. Happy to have noticed that. Haven't updated since February.
I was always announcing builds, every month - I normally update
1. The OP (links and details),
2. the change log post (#2)
3. and I create a new post in this thread to announce (see e.g. posts 133, 139, 140, 148, 163, 176).
Noticed however this time, that I forgot last month to update the change log (fixed that now), but besides, I have always announced, so I am a little bit surprised that you got the impression that I wasn't building any longer...

@MSe1969 - Thanks for the reply. Could you consider replacing the stock Gallery application for the legacy QuickPic? It is by far the simplest and easiest gallery application I've stumbled upon ever. Such shame Cheetah acquired and bloated the hell out of it. Luckily, we have the legacy and signed version to avoid Google Play Store's updates. Give it a try and let us know what you think about it.

Regarding potter, I am soon getting it set up and will definitely try to build your ROM for that handset. I shall be in touch via PM soonish.
Hi,
my general approach is that I try to stay with LineageOS and also prefer to build things from source. However, I also add further stuff, mostly prebuilt. When I do so, it must be one of the following reasons:
- Modified LineageOS app for specific reason
- Delivering as prebuilt is a necessity, because it is not possible to do the same by simply installing as a user app

Your app can simply be installed as a user app, there is no issue with that and bundling it does not really bring any advantage over the individual install.

Regards, M.

Reactions: Heitezy

NewUser012345

Jul 17, 2019
Hi
@MSe1969 big thx for keeping the Moto g3 alive.

I didnt get notification in the notificationbar from my apps. The app Mydealz inform me about new shopping deals but i didnt get notification. How can i fix it?

I use (B) with F-droid store...

THX

Hi

@MSe1969 big thx for keeping the Moto g3 alive.

I didnt get notification in the notificationbar from my apps. The app Mydealz inform me about new shopping deals but i didnt get notification. How can i fix it?

I use (B) with F-droid store...

THX
I think you need to configure microG and enable device registration and cloud messaging

NewUser012345

Jul 17, 2019
I think you need to configure microG and enable device registration and cloud messaging

device registration and cloud messaging are ON but still no notification. @All Do you get notifications?

thx

Edit:

I have clean installed LineageOS 14.1 (A) and notification are working now! :)

1. Backup your data. use MyPhoneExporer Client APP and My Phone Explorer (for Windows users). For Backup your address book u must use a older version from the MyPhoneExporer Client APP but after install the newest Version. Otherwise u get an Error by copy data.
2. Use SD Card Formatter (Windows) to format SD Card and then copy LineageOS 14.1 unofficial (A), Open Gapps (ARM, 7.1, pico), Magisk 19.2 on the microSD card and put it back into your phone.
3a. Turn the Phone off.
3b. after press and hold Volume Down and press and hold also the Power button for 8 secounds (both) then select Recovery Mode (Volume down and Power button for OK)
3c. TWRP starts(must be installed)
3d. TWRP > Wipe >Advanced Wipe > erase everything except sd card (Only if u come from a other rom)
3e. Install via TWRP > install > select SD Card > LineageOS 14.1 unofficial (A), Open Gapps and Magisk without reboot after system reboot (allways wipe cache and dalvick)
3f. skip Google Play Store
4. Download and install f-droid Store via Browser (hxxps://f-droid.org)
5. Download the zip file: hxxps://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.fdroid.fdroid.privileged.ota/
6. install the Zip file via TWRP and system restart > f-droid > settings > activate Automatic install
7. Open Magisk Manager and search and install updates and after go to settings activiert Hide Magisk Manager
8. Install your Banking TAN APP via Aurora Store !!but DONT START IT!!
9. Open Magisk Manager >Magsik Hide > activate your Banking TAN APP and also turn off root (Magisk Manager >settings)
10. You can start your Banking APP and it should work fine. If u have still a problem delete APPS DATA from your Banking APP via titanium App and try to install Magisk again and do the steps again.
11. disable updates for Banking TAN Apps in Aurora Store. (Do not update your Banking TAN APP if u dont have to)
xx=tt
I hope this will help someone!

Auroa Service: Join Aurora on Telegramm there u get a Auroa Service zip files that can u flash with TMWP or Magisk Manager, Start Aurora Service and after start Aurora Store >settings > Install > chosse Aurora Service.

UPDATE MAGISK MANAGER > Start Manager> Setting restore Magisk Manager to old name > now u can update > after hide Magisk Manager again.

It would be awesome if someone could tell us how get LineageOS 14.1 (B) notification to work!

THX

Last edited:
device registration and cloud messaging are ON but still no notification. @All Do you get notifications?

thx

Edit:

I have clean installed LineageOS 14.1 (A) and notification are working now! :)

1. Backup your data.
2. Use SD Card Formatter (Windows) to format SD Card and then copy LineageOS 14.1 unofficial (A), Open Gapps (ARM, 7.1, pico), Magisk 19.2 on the microSD card and put it back into your phone.
3. Install via TWRP this 3 files without reboot after system reboot
4. Download and install f-droid Store (hxxps://f-droid.org)
5. Download the zip file: hxxps://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.fdroid.fdroid.privileged.ota/
6. install the Zip file via TWRP and system restart > f-droid > settings > activate Automatic install
7. Open Magisk Manager and search and install updates and after go to settings activiert Hide Magisk Manager
8. Install your Banking TAN APP !!but DONT START IT!!
9. Open Magisk Manager >Magsik Hide > activate your Banking TAN APP and also turn off root (Magisk Manager >settings)
10. You can start your Banking APP and it should work fine. If u have still a problem delete APPS DATA from your Banking APP via titanium App
xx=tt
I hope this will help someone!

It would be awesome if someone could tell us how get LineageOS 14.1 (B) notification to work!

THX
Usually, GCM works with microG, assuming you have the self test successful and done all necessary things and enabled dev registration and GCM - however, it may happen, that it does not work for specific apps...

naenee

Apr 29, 2008
Google Pixel 6
Hi there. I'm rather enjoying this build but I have a question I'm hoping one of you can answer - should I blacklist updates to Google Services and such, or can I allow Aurora to update those components without messing the way this ROM was setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is discontinued - Please visit my LineageOS 16.0 Osprey thread

Hi,

this is my unofficial LineageOS 14.1 microG-enabled build series for the Moto G 2015 (osprey) device with current security patches.

The builds here have already a history in Osprey LineageOS 13 with microG patch thread for the 'cm-13.0' branch - it may be worth to scroll through it to find additional information.

The builds have got the following features:
    • LineageOS 14.1 with current security patches (from official LineageOS repositories)
    • Security string 2020-05-05, AOSP tag 7.2.1_r36
    • Squid kernel for the Osprey device (currently own fork with most recent patches)
    • Adapted LineageOS Jelly Browser (additionally having Startpage and Qwant as search engines)
    • OTA Support
    • Root is not included and would need to be flashed separately
    • VoLTE support is same as in official LineageOS (supposed to work, can't test myself)
    • System certificates taken from AOSP Oreo branch
    • Device encryption fully functional

There are three build variants available:

For those who simply want to use LineageOS 14.1 with substratum theme engine
    Download here
    • Patched for the use of microG - you can either flash Gapps or manually install microG as apps (or use neither of those)
    • Patched for the use of the substratum theme engine (the substratum app and the themes need to be downloaded separately)
    • System Webview M81

For the security/privacy focused
    Download here
    • Pre-installed microG same as the LineageOS for microG project
    • Pre-installed AuroraStore / AuroraServices
    • Additional security hardening features listed below
    • SQLite 'secure delete' feature enabled
    • Access to /proc/net blocked for user apps
    • Bundled netmonitor app to allow network monitoring
    • Enhanced Privacy Guard: Switches for motion sensors and other sensors available
    • Oreo backport: SET_TIME_ZONE permission restricted to system apps
    • Oreo backport: Access to timers in /proc restricted
    • Cloudflare as default DNS (instead of Google)
    • Privacy-preferred default settings
    • No submission of IMSI/phone number to Google when GPS is in use
    • Bromite System Webview M81

Download here
    • Same features as above (B), but . . .
    • Patched for the use of the substratum theme engine (substratum app and themes need to be downloaded separately)

Source Code links
    LineageOS: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel: https://github.com/lin14-mGoms/android_kernel_motorola_msm8916/tree/mse_v2
    microG patch: https://github.com/microg/android_p...aster/patches/android_frameworks_base-N.patch
    microG-Build: https://github.com/lineageos4microg
    Patches for Substratum: https://github.com/LineageOMS
    local manifest: https://github.com/lin14-mGoms/local_manifests
    hardening features: see reserved post further below

Installation instructions

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE SOLELY YOURSELF FOR ANY ACTIONS YOU DO WITH YOUR DEVICE !!!
    Please note - I won't explain any single aspect (e.g. how to install 'fastboot' on your PC or troubleshoot USB connectivity issues under Windows). Search the net and consult the search engine of your choice or look here in XDA, there is plenty information available.

Pre-Requisites
    • Get familiar with the hardware keys of the Motorola Moto G 2015 (osprey) device, especially how to enter fastboot mode (switch phone off hold power + volume down together for about 3 seconds) and recovery mode (in fastboot mode, switch with volume key to the reboot recovery option and select with power key)
    • Activate the Developer options (Settings, about phone: tap 7 times on the build number), get into the new menu Developer options and activate, if available, the option "OEM unlocking")
    • Have fastboot and adb installed on your PC and make sure, you can connect via USB to your device in fastboot mode and via adb (you need to activate the option "USB debugging" in the Developer options)
    • Download the most current .ZIP file of this ROM and place it to your phone's internal memory or SD card
    • This build variants B and C come with microG pre-installed, so not applicable for Gapps (you can flash Gapps only on build variant A)
    • An unlocked bootloader (read the warnings carefully and backup your data!

Install TWRP recovery
    If you come from stock ROM and have just unlocked your boot loader, this is the next thing to do. If you have already a working custom recovery on your device, there is no necessity to replace it.
    However - I recommend to use the official TWRP recovery from the TWRP site. The following instructions are based on TWRP.
    To install TWRP, download the TWRP.img file (Note: replace "TWRP.img" in the following instructions with the real file name) from this section to your PC, get it into 'fastboot mode', connect the device via USB to your PC and enter the following command on your PC:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
    Afterwards, directly boot into 'recovery mode' (see above) - I recommend not to boot the phone's Android system after having flashed TWRP. Once TWRP has been launched, you may decide to reboot your phone and install the ROM at any time later. But the first boot after flashing TWRP should be TWRP in recovery mode.

Advanced Wipe
    ONLY perform the steps described here, if you come from Stock ROM or a different Custom ROM!
    Boot into recovery mode. In TWRP, choose "Wipe", "Advanced" and specify "Dalvik", "System", "Cache" and "Data" to be wiped.
    Make sure NOT to wipe "Internal memory" or "SD Card". Swipe to confirm the deletion and get back into the main menu.

Install the ROM
    In the TWRP main menu, choose "Install". A file manager appears to let you navigate to your internal memory (path /sdcard) or your SD card (path /external_sd).
    Choose the .ZIP file of this ROM and swipe to flash. If you update from a previous version of this ROM, you don't need to perform a wipe.
    If you come from a different ROM (or stock firmware), make sure that you have performed the Wipe steps above.
    When finished flashing, return to the main menu, choose "Reboot" and then "System", which will cause your phone to boot into Lineage OS 14.1 - be patient, the first boot after flashing a new ROM takes quite long!

Credits
    Android Open Source project (AOSP)
    LineageOS project
    squid2 (Kernel)
    microG project
    CopperheadOS project
    Substratum team

XDA:DevDB Information
    [EOL][ROM][Osprey][LineageOS 14.1][Substratum][microG] (hardened), ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
    MSe1969
    Source Code: https://github.com/lin14-mGoms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-05-07

Created 2018-03-22
    Last Updated 2020-07-12
    Details about additional security hardening

1. SQLite 'Secure Delete' feature
    This sanitizes deleted data by overwriting it with zeroes, rather than having it persist within SQLite's free list.
    Backport from Oreo, see https://android-review.googlesource.com/q/topic:"secure_delete"

2. Restrict SET_TIME_ZONE permission to system apps
    Backport from Oreo, see here

3. Enhanced Privacy Guard - Sensor permission switches
    An own sensor template to control access to motion sensors ('ask' mode) and all other sensors (allowed by default, but can be restricted) has been implemented into the Privacy Guard. Commits: (1), (2), (3)

4. Restrict access to /proc/net for user apps
    An adapted SELinux policy prevents user apps from accessing the /proc/net pseudo file system, which can be misused to monitor and track the phone's internet traffic. For technical backgrounds, see here. This is the main commit. For the legitimate use case of the smart phone owner him/herself monitoring the network traffic to see, what the installed apps do, the app Privacy-Friendly Network Monitorhas been bundled.

5. Access to timing information in /proc restricted
    To prevent side-channel attacks as described here, the respective Oreo patch has been back-ported.

6. Cloudflare (instead of Google) default DNS
    Cloudflare DNS has a better privacy policy than Google Public DNS while still supporting DNS-over-TLS.
    In the default DNS settings (as fallback) and network diagnostics, the Cloudflare DNS adresses 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 are specified as defaults (instead of Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)
    (Please note: Cloudflare is "less bad than Google by means of privacy" and thus good as a default, but I personally recommend to look for better alternatives if concerned about privacy)

7. Privacy-preferred default settings
    When newly installed, the below settings are defaulted, different from standard LineageOS 14.1 (all setting can be changed at any time later):
    • Privacy Guard is enabled on install (proposal during Setup)
    • Anonymous LineageOS statistics disabled (proposal during Setup)
    • The standard browsing app does not get the location runtime permission automatically assigned
    • Sensitive information is hidden on the lock screen
    • Apps having the PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS permission appear by default as "not allowed" under Settings => Security & privacy => Apps with usage access (instead of opting out here, the user needs to explicitly opt-in in order to have the app collecting this data)

8. No submission of IMSI or phone number to Google when GPS is in use
    GPS also works fine, if no SIM card is present, so there obviously is no benefit for the phone holder (different from other involved parties, who are always keen on "improving the overall user experience") to provide this data . . .
    Change Log

12.07.2020 - EOL announcement
    Please visit my LineageOS 16.0 thread for the Osprey device

07.05.2020 - May 2020 ASB
    • ASB Security string 2020-05-05
    • System Webview on 81.0.4044.117 (Build Variant A)
    • Bromite Webview on 81.0.4044.127 (Build Variants B and C)
    • AuroraStore updated to 3.2.8 (Build Variants B and C)

10.04.2020 - April 2020 ASB
    • ASB Security string 2020-04-05
    • Fix for CVE-2020-8597 (external/ppp)
    • Kernel: CVE-2019-10638 siphash 128bit for IP generation
    • System Webview on 80.0.3987.132 (Build Variant A)
    • Bromite Webview on 81.0.4044.76 (Build Variants B and C)
    • AuroraStore updated to 3.2.4 (Build Variants B and C)

09.03.2020 - March 2020 ASB
    • ASB Security string 2020-03-01
    • System Webview on 80.0.3987.117 (Build Variant A)
    • Bromite Webview on 80.0.3987.118 (Build Variants B and C)
    • AuroraStore updated to 3.2.0 (Build Variants B and C)
    • Added Netguard app (F-Droid version) to SELinux domain allowing /proc/net (Build Variants B and C)

07.02.2020 - February 2020 ASB
    • ASB Security string 2020-02-01
    • System Webview on 79.0.3945.136 (Build Variant A)
    • Bromite Webview on 79.0.3945.139 (Build variants B and C)
    • Updated AuroraStore 3.1.8 (Build variants B and C)

13.01.2020 - January 2020 ASB
    • ASB Security string 2020-01-01
    • System Webview on 79.0.3945.116 (Build Variant A)
    • Bromite Webview on 79.0.3945.107 (Build variants B and C)
    • Updated AuroraStore 3.1.7 (Build variants B and C)
    • Updated AuroraServices 1.0.5 (Build variants B and C)

07.12.2019 - December 2019 ASB
    • ASB Security string 2019-12-01
    • System Webview on 78.0.3904.108 (Build Variant A)
    • Bromite Webview on 78.0.3904.119 (Build variants B and C)
    • Updated AuroraStore 3.1.5 (Build variants B and C)

10.11.2019 - November 2019 ASB
    • ASB Security string 2019-11-01
    • Bromite Webview on 78.0.3904.72 (Build variants B and C)
    • Updated microG GMS core 0.2.9.x (Build variants B and C)

16.10.2019 - October 2019 ASB
    • ASB Security string 2019-10-01
    • System Webview on 77.0.3865.116 (Build variant A)
    • Bromite Webview on 77.0.3865.104 (Build variants B and C)
    • Aurorastore 3.1.3 with AuroraServices 1.0.4 (Build variants B and C)

10.09.2019 - September 2019 ASB
    • ASB Security string 2019-09-01

11.08.2019 - August 2019 ASB
    • ASB Security string 2019-08-01
    • Additional patches from AOSP branch 'nougat-mr2-security-release'
    • OTA Support
    • Bromite Webview on 76.0.3809.100 (Build variants B and C)
    • Aurorastore 3.0.9 with AuroraServices install method (Build variants B and C)
    • Updated microG GMS core 0.2.8.x (Build variants B and C)

05.07.2019 - July 2019 ASB
    • ASB Security string 2019-07-01
    • System Webview updated to 75.0.3770.101 (Build variant A)
    • Bromite Webview on 75.0.3770.109 (Build variants B and C)

13.06.2019 - June 2019 ASB
    • ASB Security string 2019-06-05
    • System Webview updated to 74.0.3729.157 (Build variant A)
    • Bromite Webview on 75.0.3770.86 (Build variants B and C)
    • Replaced Yalpstore with Aurorastore (Build variants B and C)
    • Updated F-Droid & priv. extension (Build variants B and C)
    • Updated microG GMS core 0.2.7.x (Build variants B and C)

10.05.2019 - May 2019 ASB
    • Security string 2019-05-05
    • System Webview updated to M74 (Bromite, too)
    • Build variants B and C only: pre-installed Yalpstore

08.04.2019 - April 2019 ASB
    • Security string 2019-04-05

12.03.2019 - March 2019 ASB
    • Security string 2019-03-05
    • SystemWebView updated (includes CVE-2019-5786): M72 (build variant A) / M73-Bromite (build variants B and C)
    • Various patches merged from Squid kernel

08.02.2019 - February 2019 ASB
    • Security string 2019-02-05

18.01.2019 - January 2019 ASB
    • Security string 2019-01-05
    • System Webview updated to M71
    • Additional 'spectre v1' mitigations in kernel
    • Update of Timezone data
    • No submission of IMSI/phone number to Google when GPS is in use (only applies to build variants with pre-installed microG)
    • Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView M71 (only applies to build variants with pre-installed microG)
    • Opt-in (instead of opt-out) for apps having the PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS permission (only applies to build variants with pre-installed microG)

08.12.2018 - December 2018 ASB
    • Security string 2018-12-05
    • Fix of 'adb root' bug

09.11.2018 - November 2018 ASB
    • Security string 2018-11-05

20.10.2018 - October 2018 ASB
    • Security string 2018-10-05
    • System Webview upgraded to M69
    • Added Qwant suggestion provider in Jelly browser
    • Settings: Option in Networks => Datausage to switch off Captive Portal Detection (only applies to build variants with pre-installed microG)
    • microG updated to 0.2.6 (only applies to build variants with pre-installed microG)
    • Menu entry for microG in Settings (only applies to build variants with pre-installed microG)
    • Dialer: Removed Google as forward lookup agent (only applies to build variants with pre-installed microG)

09.09.2018 - September 2018 ASB
    • Security string 2018-09-05
    • Squid Kernel r23 (own fork)
    • microG updated to 0.2.5 (only applies to build variants with pre-installed microG)

11.08.2018 - August 2018 ASB
    • Security string 2018-08-05

24.07.2018 - July 2018 ASB
    • Security string 2018-07-05
    • System Webview upgraded to M67
    • System certificates from AOSP Oreo branch

21.06.2018 - Added build variants in OP
    • Substratum-patched default build
    • Hardened microG-build
    • microG-build with Substratum-patch

10.06.2018 - June 2018 ASB
    • Security string 2018-06-05

22.05.2018 - May 2018 ASB
    • Security string 2018-05-05
    • System Webview upgraded to M66

27.04.2018 - April 2018 ASB
    • Security string 2018-04-05
    • System Webview upgraded to M65
    • Cloudflare DNS as default (instead of Google)
    • Privacy-preferred default settings
    • Privacy-Guard: Motion Sensor AppOp now in 'ask' mode by default

22.03.2018 - Initial upload
    • AOSP tag android-7.1.2_r36
    • Security string 2018-03-05
    • Squid kernel r22c
    • Pre-installed microG apps
    • Adapted LineageOS Jelly Browser (additionally having Startpage and Quant as search engines)
    • SQLite 'secure delete' feature enabled
    • Access to /proc/net blocked for user apps
    • Bundled netmonitor app to allow network monitoring
    • Enhanced Privacy Guard (1): Switches for motion sensors and other sensors available
    • Enhanced Privacy Guard (2): All available AppOps are shown
    • Oreo backport: SET_TIME_ZONE permission restricted to system apps
    • Oreo backport: Access to timers in /proc restricted
    New builds with January 2020 ASB patches

Hi all,

new builds are ready for download - as usual, they will soon be offered also in the updater app:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261700450

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261700449

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261700448

• ASB Security string 2020-01-01
    • System Webview on 79.0.3945.116 (Build Variant A)
    • Bromite Webview on 79.0.3945.107 (Build variants B and C)
    • Updated AuroraStore 3.1.7 (Build variants B and C)
    • Updated AuroraServices 1.0.5 (Build variants B and C)

Regards, M.
    New builds with October ASB available

Hi all,

new builds are up with October 2018 ASB patches:

A. Regular LineageOS 14.1 with OMS and microG patch
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536984343

B. Hardened build with pre-installed microG (w/o OMS)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536984313

C. Hardened microG-build with OMS patch
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536984314

Features for all 3 builds:
    • Security String 2018-10-05
    • Android System Webview upgraded to 69.0.3497.109
    • V8 Java Script engine taken from AOSP Oreo branch

Additional features in above builds B. and C. (microG pre-installed):
    • microG updated to 0.2.6
    • Menu entry for microG in Settings app
    • Dialer: Removed Google as forward lookup agent
    • Settings: Option in Network => Datausage to switch off Captive portal detection

Regards, M.