FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][10.0.0_r2] LineageOS-17.0 [OSPREY] [UNOFFICIAL]

1,459 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,591

By althafvly, Recognized Contributor on 3rd October 2019, 12:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

This is only for XT1540, XT1541, XT1542, XT1543, XT1544, XT1548 and XT1550. Don't try it on anything else.

Hey ,

Welcome to the goodness of Q . This topic will be dedicated to our bring up of Android 10 for Moto G 2015

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Disclamier:

* Include <std_disclaimer.h>
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

What's working?

RIL
Camera
WiFi
Storage
4G
GPS
Battery LED
Offline charging
VoLTE

What's not working?

Video Recording
Camera HDR (Works with opencamera)
Selinux Permissive
Other minor Bugs Maybe

Downloads:

Opengapps Link

Download [osprey]

DONATIONS : Paypal

Credits:
AOSP
Open Gapps
LineageOS
TheMuppets

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][10.0.0_r2] LineageOS-17.0 [OSPREY] [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
althafvly, Chil360
Source Code: https://github.com/MOTO-M8916

ROM OS Version: Android 10
Based On: Lineage

Version Information

Created 2019-10-03
Last Updated 2019-10-03
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to althafvly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift althafvly Ad-Free
3rd October 2019, 12:58 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Malappuram
Thanks Meter: 2,591

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
03-10-2019

-Initial Build
Thanks to @chil360
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to althafvly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift althafvly Ad-Free
3rd October 2019, 02:26 PM |#3  
Flag Venado Tuerto
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Thank you very much for your work!
One question, can you root with magisk? I have installed version of the date 2019-010-02, of a link that they have shared, but it could not be rooted with magisk (flashed the zip from twrp but magisk did not appear installed and there was no access to root)
3rd October 2019, 11:11 PM |#4  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Thank you so much
4th October 2019, 01:54 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Thank you very much for continuing to contribute, the ROM works quite well and fluid. I had problems with Chrome in all its versions, after 1 or 2 minutes it freezes. I also had problems with recent applications (I am using gesture navigation) when I swipe the navigation bar to the right, changing the application works smoothly, but when I swipe it up it hangs and sometimes the other applications not listed

Enviado desde mi MotoG3 mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to david.absenta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift david.absenta Ad-Free
4th October 2019, 04:11 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yekasangredevago

Thank you very much for your work!
One question, can you root with magisk? I have installed version of the date 2019-010-02, of a link that they have shared, but it could not be rooted with magisk (flashed the zip from twrp but magisk did not appear installed and there was no access to root)

Have u tried magisk 19.5?

Sent from my mido using XDA Labs
4th October 2019, 05:11 PM |#7  
Flag Nr. Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 16

More
seems really stable. Haven't spotted any bugs yet xD
4th October 2019, 07:23 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Battery drain ?
Hello,

some users reported a significant battery drain for some of the newer Android Versions (Others osprey releases, not this one).

Could somebody kindly share some firsthand experience with this version, please?

KR
rori
4th October 2019, 09:24 PM |#9  
Flag Venado Tuerto
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VK84663

Have u tried magisk 19.5?

hello could you provide me a link? the last version I find is 19.4 and magisk manager 7.3.4
5th October 2019, 05:01 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yekasangredevago

hello could you provide me a link? the last version I find is 19.4 and magisk manager 7.3.4

Download magisk canary from magisk manager or from XDA.

The Following User Says Thank You to VK84663 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VK84663 Ad-Free
5th October 2019, 12:51 PM |#11  
Flag Nr. Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rori1977

Hello,

some users reported a significant battery drain for some of the newer Android Versions (Others osprey releases, not this one).

Could somebody kindly share some firsthand experience with this version, please?

KR
rori

I haven't noticed battery drain although I haven't been checking. The ROM is almost fully stable. I've used it for about a day and only had one reboot as a result of a Google play issue I think. I tested taking photos and these worked fine.
Side note: for some reason I was not able to download the beta version of apps on the play store. On my other devices I'm part of the beta program but on this it said unsubscribing from beta program🤔
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert314 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robert314 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)