[ROM][OFFICIAL][Marshmallow 6.0][osprey] PAC-ROM MM Alpha1

Search This thread

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
Header.png

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

How_to_Install.png

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

How_to_Update.png

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

Not_Working.png

Other_Info.png

* None for now *

Download.png

Credits.png

* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support.png

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

Help with server costs

donate.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL][Marshmallow 6.0][osprey] PAC-ROM MM, ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
Shreps, scritch007, squid2
Source Code: https://github.com/PAC-ROM

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked BL & TWRP
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2015-08-27

Created 2015-08-28
Last Updated 2015-10-12

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 4,688
  • attachment.php.png
    attachment.php.png
    190.8 KB · Views: 4,650
  • attachment.php2.png
    attachment.php2.png
    180.2 KB · Views: 4,646
Last edited:

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
No sim no WiFi no ril...:(

Sent from my MotoG3 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Did you factory reset ?
From which ROM did you update ?
What's your device variant ?

This build is based on same code as CyanogenMod, Slim, crDroid and @vache confirmed it worked fine on his phone.
So should be ok.

Can you try a clean install + post some logcat & dmesg if the issue persists ?

Last edited:

androidbaba

Nov 19, 2008
Did you factory reset ?
From which ROM did you update ?
What's your device variant ?

This build is based on same code as CyanogenMod, Slim, crDroid and @vache confirmed it worked fine on his phone.
So should be ok.

Can you try a clean install + post some logcat & dmesg if the issue persists ?

Clean install coming from cm
WiFi not working on any custom rom including cr droids latest(PAC,slim,aosp,own,etc)
WiFi ril working ONLY on cm12 latest
I am on XT 1550 Indian 16 GB varient..

Hope this helps...

Last edited:

androidbaba

Nov 19, 2008
Heres a theory @squid2uses his own kernel and not cm default so may be that's what keeps my WiFi from breaking only in cm

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
Heres a theory @squid2uses his own kernel and not cm default so may be that's what keeps my WiFi from breaking only in cm

My kernel that comes with the CM builds I post has different WiFi drivers than the stock Motorola kernel on the MotoG3 GitHub that most other custom ROMs use. My kernel uses the latest WiFi drivers straight from CodeAurora (with minimal moto changes to make them work). There have been cases on surnia where Motorola's WiFi drivers give problems for some users, and CodeAurora drivers solve them. It sounds like a similar thing is happening for you on osprey.

Reactions: androidbaba

androidbaba

Nov 19, 2008
My kernel that comes with the CM builds I post has different WiFi drivers than the stock Motorola kernel on the MotoG3 GitHub that most other custom ROMs use. My kernel uses the latest WiFi drivers straight from CodeAurora (with minimal moto changes to make them work). There have been cases on surnia where Motorola's WiFi drivers give problems for some users, and CodeAurora drivers solve them. It sounds like a similar thing is happening for you on osprey.

Thanks for the answer
Another query so if code aurora drivers are used with modifications you suggested will WiFi work for my device but break it for some other devices??

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr

Hi squid2, are you planning to push your Kernel modifications on the MotoG3 repo ?
Also, would be great to make a some common repo (common device tree & common kernel / blobs) between surnia and osprey.
I think we should work on this with @scritch007 , @Alberto97 and @vache
This should help to make some proper build off ROMs and then trying to push surnia and osprey as official supported devices on CyanogenMod, PAC, etc.

Cheers,

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
Hi squid2, are you planning to push your Kernel modifications on the MotoG3 repo ?
Also, would be great to make a some common repo (common device tree & common kernel / blobs) between surnia and osprey.
I think we should work on this with @scritch007 , @Alberto97 and @vache
This should help to make some proper build off ROMs and then trying to push surnia and osprey as official supported devices on CyanogenMod, PAC, etc.

Cheers,

There has been a bit of discussion about this with @scritch007 and @Alberto97 about this, though an exact plan has not yet been decided for commonizing surnia and osprey. We'll keep you and @vache in the loop too for further discussions.

This is the kernel I use on my osprey CM builds:
https://github.com/sultanqasim/android_kernel_motorola_msm8916/tree/cm-12.1

For surnia, the cm-12.1 branch of that kernel doesn't work with the older surnia blobs, so the squid_backport_mr1 branch I what I use there. Also, I use older WiFi drivers in the squid_backport_mr1 branch for backwards compatibility with bugs in older modems that 5.0 shipped with on surnia. On surnia, the newer WiFi drivers resulted in WCNSS stalling, watchdog bites, and bootloops for those running older modems from 5.0.

Alberto97

Recognized Developer
Feb 6, 2012
Actually I don't think commonize osprey and surnia makes a sense. We can't commonize vendor (surnia has 5.0 and osprey has 5.1 blobs), we can't commonize the kernel (osprey kernel would break surnia blobs) and the device tree has been reworked for osprey...

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
Hi there, I made a new built for osprey
And the latest PAC build is running great :)

If you guys are using this, I can try to push osprey as official in PAC. Let me know !

Reactions: ==vj==

androidbaba

Nov 19, 2008
Can u give link pls...
Nvm found it downloading

Last edited:

==vj==

Jan 19, 2013
Goa
Hi there, I made a new built for osprey
And the latest PAC build is running great :)

If you guys are using this, I can try to push osprey as official in PAC. Let me know !
I will be trying this shortly. 24-Sept-2015 is the latest build right..?
EDIT: I have flashed the ROM. Will get my hands on it for few hrs and later get back on review.

Last edited:
Reactions: sagar27691

==vj==

Jan 19, 2013
Goa
The ROM is going cool.. No major issues like. The functionalities in daily usage are working fine. This ROM is my daily drive now on.

Only thing is that I find ROMs default kernel is easily ramping towards fullest 1.3GHz even on small user operations like touch & pull down of notification bar. Also CPU temps are noticeably higher. As an alternative I am using the custom kernel bluspark with my own tweaks to interactive. The temps and scaling are now almost good as Motorola stock kernel.

Looking forward for official support of PAC :) WAKAWAKAWAKA :D

Attachments

• DFG_2015-09-29-08-37-54.jpg
    DFG_2015-09-29-08-37-54.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 279
  • DFG_2015-09-29-08-40-04.png
    DFG_2015-09-29-08-40-04.png
    190.8 KB · Views: 266
  • DFG_2015-09-29-08-53-38.png
    DFG_2015-09-29-08-53-38.png
    180.2 KB · Views: 270
Last edited: