FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][9.0.0_r35][Unofficial][LineageOS 16.0] [OSPREY] [20190420]

389 posts
Thanks Meter: 684

Post Reply Email Thread

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Bluetooth
  • Dual-SIM
  • Wi-Fi
  • Camera
  • Video Recording
  • Video Playback
  • Audio ( Record and Playback )
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • Led
  • Offline Charging
  • SELinux Enforcing

What's not working :
  • You tell me

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :Reporting Bugs
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
Phone model:
Lineage version:
Lineage Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
LineageSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
Dual SIM:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
Credits :Contributors
anisgvr
chil360

NOTE:
Thanks a lot and lot to chil360 ( Kyle Harrison ) for his work in osprey . He helped a lot in bringing up pie for the device. Whole credits goes to him .

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-08-28
Last Updated 2019-04-20
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to anisgvr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anisgvr Ad-Free

20th April 2019, 11:57 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guruvayur

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to anisgvr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anisgvr Ad-Free
20th April 2019, 11:57 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guruvayur

Donate to Me
More
Screenshots
The Following User Says Thank You to anisgvr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anisgvr Ad-Free
20th April 2019, 12:14 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guruvayur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anisgvr

Screenshots

See charging speed in screenshots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190420-160204_Settings.png
Views:	2056
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	4746116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190420-160212_Trebuchet.jpg
Views:	2062
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	4746117   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190420_163342_602.jpg
Views:	2084
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	4746118   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190420_163658_547.jpg
Views:	1986
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	4746119  
20th April 2019, 04:48 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Seems like you are on a roll with custom roms for osprey, @anisgvr. . Thanks for keeping osprey alive with your workgood:. Any plans to make the LOS build official?
20th April 2019, 05:12 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guruvayur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman234

Seems like you are on a roll with custom roms for osprey, @anisgvr. . Thanks for keeping osprey alive with your workgood:. Any plans to make the LOS build official?

No one in community can make los official As of now because los needs the guy who brought up tree ... unfortunately Alberto97 is no longer developing for osprey.. and we have to wait some magic from sultan Qasim Khan (squid)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anisgvr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anisgvr Ad-Free
21st April 2019, 06:51 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I don't understand. Could @squid2 or @Alberto97 or you explain that? This looks like a perfect good rom for official, I asume that you would be willing to carry on the torch but in the end we can't have a perfectly good phone?
21st April 2019, 06:43 PM |#8  
Flag Gdansk
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can it be dirty flashed over LineageOS 15.1?
22nd April 2019, 08:14 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Planning buy this phone as secondary phone, when i saw the development i went happy. Thx for keeping this phone alive!!
22nd April 2019, 09:22 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Error with wifi connection: buffer space
Hi,
I do not have yet logcat or anything like that. Will try to get some data if that could give more clue.
Flashed that software yesterday - added gapps and su from lineageos.
All looked very nice, but then I got wifi connected but no internet message. Only on that device, so no issues with my home network as first check.
So I used dirty hack with adding settings as suggested:
https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...orks-just-fine
but it did not help - so my problem was not detection of internet - but connection on device itself.
In Brave browser the message was like ERR_NO_BUFFER_SPACE.
Restart helped. For a time like few hours.
Now my detection settings are indeed disabled but real problem shows up.
I found some topic on lenovo forum about G5 - close enough - but no real conclusion - for some update helped, some requested phone replacement, and so on. No real root cause explanation.
My plan is to restore back to previous 16 version or even further back to 14.1..
Before going that routine - anyone encountered something like that? Any ideas?
Restart helps, so maybe it is indeed some temp space filling out. Next time I can try to get more from adb - netstat?

Regards
Jan
22nd April 2019, 03:49 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I installed the PIE Lineage OS a few days ago on my Moto G3 x1541.I've not had one single problem.Fantastic rom.Best yet and the Lineage team have outdone themselves.

Build number Lineage_osprey-userdebug 9PQ2A
190305.002 eng.ubuntu.20190313.090534 test keys

Tip:Before I install any custom rom I do a Hard Reset/Factory reset.

Then once I've installed the rom I let it boot to normal phone mode(Can take quite a while) then reboot to Recovery and do another Hard Reset before setting up my phones.

Also I make Nandroid backups of my Setup Stock rom before installing any Custom roms then I can be up-and-running very quickly.Once I've setup my phone with a Custom rom I again make a Nanroid backup for fast reloading if required.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)