FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DISCUSSION] Android N Dev Preview

541 posts
Thanks Meter: 213

Post Reply Email Thread
Looks like the Android N Preview is becoming available! The features sound nice, something to look forward to hopefully for our Moto G3.
The Following User Says Thank You to quakeaz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift quakeaz Ad-Free

10th March 2016, 12:38 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,061

More
Will we get it officially? O.o
The Following User Says Thank You to Forever Alone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Forever Alone Ad-Free
10th March 2016, 02:09 PM |#3  
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 1,078

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Alone

Will we get it officially? O.o

No one could possibly know that this early.
10th March 2016, 03:56 PM |#4  
Flag Leicester
Thanks Meter: 376

More
It'll be ported to our device as no doubt at least one of our developers will build an alpha in the not too distant future. Be patient people as good things come to those who wait.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ASHLEY117 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ASHLEY117 Ad-Free
11th March 2016, 02:56 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Yavapai County

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel864

No one could possibly know that this early.

Exactly. Based on the 3rd gen's release date and specs, I would assume yes, but you know what happens when you assume...
11th March 2016, 03:02 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Yavapai County

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalKoopa

Oh God. Already?

That was my feelings as well. This is the earliest I've ever seen a developer preview released. According to Google, the OEMs should be receiving the update this summer.

I kind of wish they'd focus on perfecting a release before just moving on to the next. I can understand going on to the next version if big changes are in store, which it sounds like that is the case with "N", but we will see. Multi-window sounds nice, doze mode with screen off (orientation does not matter), dark/night mode, updated ART compiler (no more Optimizing Apps screen), and the switch to OpenJDK.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to quakeaz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift quakeaz Ad-Free
21st March 2016, 09:21 AM |#7  
Flag Rajahmundry
Thanks Meter: 192

More
i doubt that our processor can handle split windows as shown in preview ,

can anyone say if i am true ??
2nd July 2016, 04:01 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandakis4

i doubt that our processor can handle split windows as shown in preview ,

can anyone say if i am true ??

I am sure it will be able to handle it cause Honor 4x which has the same processor can handle dual windows feature easily.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yash67 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Yash67 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android n

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)