[GUIDE] [OSPREY] [MM] 【6.0/6.0.1】Install TWRP, Root and Xposed successfully on 6.0

Search This thread

pjc123

Feb 7, 2013
www.flaminghellmet.com
@Quark^2
Geez, if you are going to go through all that trouble, why don't you look into installing one of the 7.1.1 ROMs in order to stay current. I am still on 6.0 and the December 2015 security patch and that's my game plan, albeit I am waiting just a little bit for the Lineage ROM to stabilize since this is my main phone and it was just released. I am running it on my Nexus 4 backup phone and it is running great.

Quark^2

Sep 3, 2011
Yeah, good point... I just might do that. Let's see if one of the 7.1.1 roms is considered stable and fully functional for a dialy driver.

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
@Quark^2 : The OTA mechanism has evolved significantly. When an OTA begins installing, it checks firmware integrity by computing a checksum of the block partitions. The updates install only if it matches the expected value.

Even after removing mods like xposed and/or, the system will be unlikely to retain it's integrity and hence render the OTA mechanism inoperative.
Check here for information on block-based OTAs.

BTW I referred system as not only /system partition but also boot and recovery partitions. 'A system of partitions that together decide the eligibility of installing updates', that is :D.

Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli

figrobster

Aug 12, 2017
Hello

I'm Moto G xt1072 user from pretty long time. It worked fine but now it looks little bit overloaded so I tried do factory restart.

When I'm trying go "Settings->Backup and restore->factory restart" the button is disabled.

If I try to use recovery in "fastboot" mode phone starts as usual with no effect.

Bootloader is locked with code "0". I found the instruction how to unlock but... I cannot acces developer options to set "enable OEM unlock" or "usb debugging". When I press build number several times (7) nothing happens. Therefore I can't even root phone. I tried Kingo root but it didn't work.
I have read about FRP (Factory Reset Protection) issue but without root I can't disable FRP service.

Did anyone had similiar troubles? I got stuck and i don't see any other solutions. I will appreciate Your help :)

My phone: Motorola G 2nd 4G LTE XT1072
Build number: MPBS24.65-34-5
Bootloader: 48.22
Android 6.0

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Hello

I'm Moto G xt1072 user from pretty long time. It worked fine but now it looks little bit overloaded so I tried do factory restart.

When I'm trying go "Settings->Backup and restore->factory restart" the button is disabled.

If I try to use recovery in "fastboot" mode phone starts as usual with no effect.

Bootloader is locked with code "0". I found the instruction how to unlock but... I cannot acces developer options to set "enable OEM unlock" or "usb debugging". When I press build number several times (7) nothing happens. Therefore I can't even root phone. I tried Kingo root but it didn't work.
I have read about FRP (Factory Reset Protection) issue but without root I can't disable FRP service.

Did anyone had similiar troubles? I got stuck and i don't see any other solutions. I will appreciate Your help :)

My phone: Motorola G 2nd 4G LTE XT1072
Build number: MPBS24.65-34-5
Bootloader: 48.22
Android 6.0
You are in the wrong area (G2 has its own forum), but either you probably have a Device Adminstrator restricting access to it... Look in Settings - Security.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [GUIDE] [OSPREY] [MM] 【6.0/6.0.1】Install TWRP, Root and Xposed successfully on 6.0

1) Unlock your bootloader . for complete unlocking process go here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sw675ipX-ds&feature=youtu.be

IT WILL RESET ALL YOUR DATA.

2) Turn on USB debugging on

3) Boot your device into bootloader mode

4) flash TWRP recovery v2.8.7 r5. http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=11051#downloads

5) Boot into TWRP recovery

6) Flash supersu zip v2.62-3. http://download.chainfire.eu/751/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.62-3-20151211162651.zip

7) After succsesfull flashing wipe cache/dalvik cache . reboot system. If it asks to install Root. DO NOT INSTALL ROOT AT THIS STAGE.

8) wait till Boot finishes.

9) If you want to install Xposed Boot into TWRP recovery.

10) Flash Xposed installer xposed-v79-sdk23-arm.zip. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034811.

Thanks for contributors of TWRP, Supersu and Xposed.
    Unable to root stock ospery xt1550. Tried SuperSU 2.65 stable flashable zip. Stucked on bootloop. Any ideas @lost101 ?

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

You have to install the superSU v2.62-3 (installs in systemless mode) OR in the terminal of the TWRP enter "echo SYSTEMLESS=true>>/data/.supersu" (without the quotes) and then flash the version you want, in order to force the systemless install, the only way to get root in the stock rom.
    It worked for me (XT1541).
    i read through a bunch of the earlier posts and here is what i understood, please advice if i am wrong.

my device xt1550, 6.0.1
    download SU 2.62 from OP
    download latest twrp - 3.0.2 r1.img

unlock bootloader
    phone gets reset,
    enable usb debug & copy SU file to the phone memory
    reboot into bootloader
    flash twrp, dont boot into system
    reboot directly into twrp <- is this step possible? if so then how ?
    flash SU within twrp
    reboot into system

now i should have root+custom recovery.
    Your close... But as written you will probably kick yourself later.

1) Unlock bootloader / phone is wiped
    2) Boot and verify operation, copy supersu zip to phone (adb is handy but not for this, it has ZERO effect on fastboot)
    3) Reboot into bootloader
    4) Boot TWRP with `fastboot boot twrp.img` and perform a full backup of all partitions
    5) Reboot and copy the TWRP directory from your phone to a safe storage medium. If you ever need this, you NEED it, keep it safe. I use a specific USB drive for all nandroid backups
    6) Reboot into bootloader
    7) Flash TWRP
    8) Reboot into bootloader, if it just reboots normally, that's fine, reboot into bootloader
    9) Flash SuperSU zip v2.62-3
    10) Wipe cache/Dalvik partitions
    11) Reboot normally. Do NOT install root if TWRP prompts you that Superuser is not found

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    The phone has to have the bootloader unlocked?
    The whole thing will completely reset the device?
    @simonlietar :For No.2, the xposed you flashed is the code that runs behind the scene(at boot). You need to install closed installer app apk and then you get the app in your app drawer. Just check under the framework section. If it has green text with active message, you are all set.

Here is the official thread-
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034811

You need this-XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk
    Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli