[GUIDE][OSPREY] Pass SafetyNet on Custom Roms

Search This thread

coolguy_16

Dec 4, 2014
Hey guys,
After seeing this Magisk module https://github.com/DeicPro/xiaomi-safetynet-fix
I began to experiment to make SafetyNet pass on Osprey.
And finally I was able to do just that.

DO REMEMBER THAT THIS REQUIRES MAGISK WITH MAGISK HIDE ENABLED. THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH SUPERSU.
IF YOU ALREADY HAD SuperSU, CLEAN FLASH THE ROM AND THEN FLASH MAGISK ZIP.

Steps-

NOTE: SINCE GOOGLE HAS UPDATED SAFETYNET, THE BELOW METHOD NOW REQUIRES MAGISK v14.0+-
  1. Open the build.prop file located in /system. [REQUIRES ROOT]
  2. Add this line to the build.prop file-
    For XT1550(Retail Asia | India (2GB))-
    ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/osprey_retasia_ds_2gb/osprey_ud2:6.0.1/MPIS24.107-55-2-12/14:user/release-keys
    For XT1543(Retail Latin America (1GB)) -
    ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/osprey_retla_ds/osprey_uds:6.0.1/MPI24.107-55-2/2:user/release-keys
    For XT1540(Retail US (2GB)) -
    ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/osprey_retus_2gb/osprey_u2:6.0/MPI24.65-25/28:user/release-keys
    For XT1540(Retail US (1GB))-
    ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/osprey_retus/osprey_umts:6.0/MPI24.65-25.1/1:user/release-keys
  3. Save and Exit.
  4. Make sure you have enabled Magisk Hide in Magisk setings.
  5. Reboot.

NEW! Magisk module is available here.

~Please read the Note section below~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE-
1. The fingerprint values need to be exactly the same. Any small change will trigger safetynet.

2. You can use any fingerprint value for your device. It's not necessary for you to take value specific to your device. As long as the fingerprint is valid, it will work.

3. This same trick should also work on Merlin devices.

4. Read this too please.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to -
@Rohi09 for providing stock ROM XT1550 build.prop
@Deic for his magisk module which inspired me to do this.
@KrisM22 for providing XT1540(2 GB) values.
@xMotoDA for providing XT1543 values.
@lettucecube for providing XT1540(1 GB) values and creating the Magisk module.

Last edited:

Prashant324

Nov 6, 2016
Agra
This method is working fine on purenexus rom

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170510-163455.png
    Screenshot_20170510-163455.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 4,062
  • Screenshot_20170510-163431.png
    Screenshot_20170510-163431.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 4,054

xMotoDA

May 16, 2016
Changing these specific values to the ones in the stock ROM makes SafetyNet pass! Since mine is dual sim and a different model I changed this in build.prop:

Code:
ro.product.name=osprey_retla_ds
ro.product.device=osprey_uds
ro.build.product=osprey_uds
ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/osprey_retla_ds/osprey_uds:6.0.1/MPI24.107-55-2/2:user/release-keys

Reactions: justjr

reeeju

Nov 28, 2014
kolkata
Moto G
Micromax Canvas A89 Ninja
Absolute killer! Thanks man.
Unfortunately, I still can't use digibank. Don't know what sort of check they perform.

Does that really matter?
I cant also log in my digi bank acount...i hav got a fixed deposit there....what is creating problem?any help

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Grt work....
I didnt found two lines in my build prop..so i add those...and safety net passed...
Thanx mate:good:

Susan Dahal

Oct 2, 2014
Can someone help me with this build.prop. Its from aex 4.2

Attachments

• build.prop.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 207

KrisM22

Sep 12, 2010
many ways to guide, many ways to heal
If you are willing could you look at mine - this is from a Moto G3 2015 XT1540 2GB US ATT
Thanks!

My stock is XT1540_OSPREY_RETUS_2GB_6.0_MPI24.65-25.1_cid9_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip
So I tried
ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/OSPREY_RETUS_2GB/osprey_ud2:6.0/MPI24.65-25.1/14:user/release-keys
but no go.

also tried
ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/XT1540_OSPREY_RETUS_2GB/osprey_ud2:6.0/MPI24.65-25.1/14:user/release-keys
but no go.

Attachments

• build.prop.zip
    2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

coolguy_16

Dec 4, 2014
If you are willing could you look at mine - this is from a Moto G3 2015 XT1540 2GB US ATT
Thanks!

My stock is XT1540_OSPREY_RETUS_2GB_6.0_MPI24.65-25.1_cid9_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip
So I tried
ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/OSPREY_RETUS_2GB/osprey_ud2:6.0/MPI24.65-25.1/14:user/release-keys
but no go.

also tried
ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/XT1540_OSPREY_RETUS_2GB/osprey_ud2:6.0/MPI24.65-25.1/14:user/release-keys
but no go.

The problem here is that the value "ro.build.fingerprint" has to be the exact same as Motorola made it. Meaning even a small change(even CAPS) will trigger safetynet.

Anyways, I searched XDA for your device build.prop and found what you can replace that value with-
ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/osprey_retus_2gb/osprey_u2:6.0/MPI24.65-25/28:user/release-keys

You can use the fingerprint value of my device too(the one mentioned in post). It will work without any issues.
I myself tried the fingerprint value of another model(that too a 1GB model) and it still worked.

Edit: I even tried the build.prop of your device on mine and that worked too.

Edit2: It seems like Step 2 in my OP is actually not necessary. Only fingerprint value is needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: KrisM22

KrisM22

Sep 12, 2010
The problem here is that the value "ro.build.fingerprint" has to be the exact same as Motorola made it. Meaning even a small change(even CAPS) will trigger safetynet.

Anyways, I searched XDA for your device build.prop and found what you can replace that value with-

You can use the fingerprint value of my device too(the one mentioned in post). It will work without any issues.
I myself tried the fingerprint value of another model(that too a 1GB model) and it still worked.

Edit: I even tried the build.prop of your device on mine and that worked too.

Edit2: It seems like Step 2 in my OP is actually not necessary. Only fingerprint value is needed.

Huge thanks for your time. I realized I had not installed magisk so I installed that but I have supersu 2.79 installed so maybe need to uninstall that and install the special one for LinOS?

coolguy_16

Dec 4, 2014
Huge thanks for your time. I realized I had not installed magisk so I installed that but I have supersu 2.79 installed so maybe need to uninstall that and install the special one for LinOS?

I'm pretty sure it won't work with SuperSU.
Yep, remove SuperSu and also Magisk.
Then flash magisk zip again.This time it will install MagiskSU too(Magisk avoids MagiskSU if existing root solution is detected)

Reactions: KrisM22

KrisM22

Sep 12, 2010
I'm pretty sure it won't work with SuperSU.
Yep, remove SuperSu and also Magisk.
Then flash magisk zip again.This time it will install MagiskSU too(Magisk avoids MagiskSU if existing root solution is detected)

It works! Huge thanks!
(This is LineageOS 5-11-17 )
When I removed SuperSU, I chose not to clean up the boot since I saw someone who supposedly bricked their phone doing that, so of course Magisk gave a nasty message about it when flashing,

so I wiped everything (dalvic/ART,Data,System,Cache) and rebuilt: flash rom, flash gapps, install, when get to desktop, install Magisk Mgr with play store and d/l zip(Magisk-v12.0.zip), and go back to TWRP and flash that zip (it does not say anything about su), but after boot I installed TBPro and discovered that yes, indeed I had root. Somewhere in there I set Magisk to "hide". So modified build.prop by only adding the one line you gave me up 2 posts (repeated below) and voila! And PokeGo works!
This is the line I added:

HINT: I used the JRummy Root Browser for a file manager to copy the line from a text file on my SDcard(from PC), to /system/build.prop and within that I use RB text editor. I say that because for some reason X-plore didn't work for me - edited fine, said saved, but didn't. Wasted time with that.

I do notice that HIDE is checked only for PokemonGo for me, so far, but I haven't tried any banking apps.

THANKS!!!.

Last edited:

KrisM22

Sep 12, 2010
Oops - next morning, no root access. Magisk status still shows good. Magisk/Superuser shows all 3 apps (BBS, JR RootBrowser, TBPro) and all switched ON.

EDIT: In Magisk/3 bars/Settings/Superuser - Superuser Access - Set it to "Apps and ADB". Root is back! :D

Last edited:

KrisM22

Sep 12, 2010
I believe @coolguy_16 has said this but I just went and tested and used the line from the 1st post:
ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/osprey_retasia_ds_2gb/osprey_ud2:6.0.1/MPIS24.107-55-2-12/14:user/release-keys
and safetynet works just fine. So it would seem that as long as you have a valid fingerprint for some phone, it doesn't seem to matter what phone you put it on.

It is unknown whether google's "snet" would eventually alert the safetynet folks to this incongruity and then block it. EDIT - I would guess in the long run it would probably be better to use an "exact" fingerprint that would look correct.

EDIT There is a short FAQ in the first post that may help for solving Magisk problems:
https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

Last edited:

coolguy_16

Dec 4, 2014
Guys just an FYI.
Even though one can pass safetynet, some apps will still refuse to work.
You can try to enable Magisk hide for that specific app(see Magisk settings)
This happens because -
1. The app is sh*t :p
2. The app checks for other "dangerous props"
So anything which the app finds wrong in your build.prop will cause that.
Well, to find out what your app is checking exactly for.. You will have to decompile it and check for yourself. (Google is your friend)

Last edited:

kiekeboeboe

Jan 19, 2007
Ostend
:good: Great, tks m8.
I am now able to use my banking app (KBC Sign)
(however the app has to be checked in Magisk Hide, otherwise it wont work) :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    After seeing this Magisk module https://github.com/DeicPro/xiaomi-safetynet-fix
    I began to experiment to make SafetyNet pass on Osprey.
    And finally I was able to do just that.

DO REMEMBER THAT THIS REQUIRES MAGISK WITH MAGISK HIDE ENABLED. THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH SUPERSU.
    IF YOU ALREADY HAD SuperSU, CLEAN FLASH THE ROM AND THEN FLASH MAGISK ZIP.

Steps-

NOTE: SINCE GOOGLE HAS UPDATED SAFETYNET, THE BELOW METHOD NOW REQUIRES MAGISK v14.0+-
    1. Open the build.prop file located in /system. [REQUIRES ROOT]
    2. Add this line to the build.prop file-
      For XT1550(Retail Asia | India (2GB))-
      For XT1543(Retail Latin America (1GB)) -
      For XT1540(Retail US (2GB)) -
      For XT1540(Retail US (1GB))-
      ro.build.fingerprint=motorola/osprey_retus/osprey_umts:6.0/MPI24.65-25.1/1:user/release-keys
    3. Save and Exit.
    4. Make sure you have enabled Magisk Hide in Magisk setings.
    5. Reboot.

NEW! Magisk module is available here.

~Please read the Note section below~

NOTE-
    1. The fingerprint values need to be exactly the same. Any small change will trigger safetynet.

2. You can use any fingerprint value for your device. It's not necessary for you to take value specific to your device. As long as the fingerprint is valid, it will work.

3. This same trick should also work on Merlin devices.

4. Read this too please.

Thanks to -
    @Rohi09 for providing stock ROM XT1550 build.prop
    @Deic for his magisk module which inspired me to do this.
    @KrisM22 for providing XT1540(2 GB) values.
    @xMotoDA for providing XT1543 values.
    @lettucecube for providing XT1540(1 GB) values and creating the Magisk module.
    Module for Magisk

Well, this is a module I did, it solves problems with build.Prop as well as problems with system integrity and Play Store certification

• Only have installed Magisk in latest version
    • Not having supersu installed (Just have installed MagiskSu)

- How to -
    1. Flash from TWRP or from "Magisk Manager app > Modules > (+)"
    2. Reboot

NOTE: If you have got SuperSU or Xposed, you will get CTS profile mismatch, so uninstall them & reflash Magisk to get MagiskSU

After installing the module can takes some time to appear as certificate in the Google Play Store
    If it still does not work delete all data from "google play store" and "google play services"

Magisk credit @topjohnwu
    Well, this is a module I did, it solves problems with build.Prop as well as problems with system integrity and Play Store certification

- How to -
    1. Flash from TWRP or from "Magisk Manager app > Modules > (+)"
    2. Reboot

NOTE: If you have got SuperSU or Xposed, you will get CTS profile mismatch, so uninstall them & reflash Magisk to get MagiskSU

After installing the module can takes some time to appear as certificate in the Google Play Store
    If it still does not work delete all data from "google play store" and "google play services"

Wow man.. Thanks for creating this Magisk module. I'll add the link to OP.

For those interested, this module just sets the fingerprint value to

You can change this value by opening the system.prop file located in "common" folder of the Magisk module zip. Open it in any text editor and change the value to whatever you need.

Edit- Attached the same module with modified value for XT1550(2GB).Tested and works.
    I've created a new module which now works with Magisk 13.3.
    Remember this requires Magisk 13.3.

Btw, the older method of manually placing fingerprint value in build.prop file should work just fine with Magisk v13.3.
    And OP updated.
    Module

Well, this is the @Deic module modification, With modified fingerprint for motorola g (motorola/osprey_retus...), solve problems with build.Prop as well as problems with system integrity and Play Store Certification
    Also has a modification to be able to watch videos in 1080p, 1440p(2K) and 4K in compatible devices

• Working Magisk v12/13 Beta

- How to -
    • Flash from TWRP or from "Magisk Manager app > Modules > (+)
    • Reboot

NOTE: Does not work with Xposed or SuperSu, do not try

CREDITS: Creator of magisk @topjohnwu
    Creator of module: @Deic
    Unlock the maximum resolution on youtube. Based on XDA article.
    thanks