FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT]How to get root Moto G 2015 With Android Marshmallow 6.0 (worked in XT1541)

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 91

By lexiyuri, Member on 22nd February 2016, 07:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
How to get root Moto G 2015 With Stock Android Marshmallow 6.0 (XT1541)

Hi guys. Now I have a Moto G 2015 XT1541 with previously unlocked bootloader (following Motorola Guide described here, be careful unlocking bootloader wipes everything!) with recently installed Europe Retail Stock ROM MM 6.0, but i was having some issues trying to install TWRP 3.0 and SuperSU 2.65....until now.

With latest SuperSU you will get bootloop, and probably you need to reinstall the stock rom completely.........but... ....This method works fine!

Try it yourself on XT1540, XT1542, XT1543, XT1544 and XT14548 variants

So, I have used TWRP twrp-osprey-2.8.7-r7.img for the recovery and Super SU Beta 2.62 (BETA-SuperSU-v2.62-3-20151211162651.zip) to get root on my device.

Get TWRP recovery and ROOT

Step 0: enter to developer options (tap 7 times the build number) and select Allowing USB debubbing and Allow OEM unlock options

Step 1: install TWRP 2.8.7-r7 entering to bootloader mode

Turn off the device, press power and volume down and wait for two seconds. device will show bootloader mode in black screen, connect it to the pc through usb cable

Step 2: Paste twrp2.8.7-r7.img file into folder \Android\sdk\platform-tools and rename it to recovery.img (this requires previously installed Android SDK Tools, but you can do the same with MinimalADB

open cmd in windows, navigate to the platform-tools folder location and write this line:

Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img
Wait until ok message appears in cmd

TWRP will appear, and press reboot System. Enter bootloader mode again and type in CMD the following:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Wait until ok message appears in cmd. After that, press in bootloader mode the recovery option, you will enter to twrp and now new recovery becomes permanent, press Reboot system.

Step 3: copy BETA-SuperSU-v2.62-3-20151211162651.zip file into the device and after that, disconnect it from usb

Step 4: turn off the device, enter bootloader mode as stated in step 1, and select the recovery option with the volume up and down , press power button to enter to recovery and twrp will appear instead of original recovery.

Step 5: in twrp press install, select location of the Beta SuperSu File, select beta Super SU zip file and allow installation swipping to the right side and wait until it finish.

Step 5.1: after flash Super SU, wipe dalvik and cache through twrp, pressing the wipe dalvik/cache button located in left side.

Step 6: in twrp press button reboot now.
Wait a little while android rebuild the cache.
The device will enter to the home screen. check that super su app is installed

Note: if twrp offers to you install SuperSu dont let it. That causes a bug.

Step 7: Install Root checker and check if you are root.

Thats all folks!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus 1 - If something goes wrong you can reinstall Stock as described in this repair guides. Check here the firmware and here the reinstall instructions

Plus 2 - How to delete the Motorola annoying unlock bootloader message:

Step 0: connect the device to the pc, copy unlocked_logo.zip file into the device and after that, disconnect from usb

Step 1:
Turn off the device, press power and volume down and wait for two seconds. device will show bootloader mode in black screen

Step 2: In bootloader mode select with the volume up and down the recovery option, press power button to enter and twrp will appear

Step 3: in twrp press install, select location of the unlocked_logo.zip File, select that file and allow installation swipping to the right

Step 4: in twrp press reboot now. The device will boot without nagging window.
Attached Files
File Type: img twrp287r7.img - [Click for QR Code] (7.93 MB, 61926 views)
File Type: zip BETA-SuperSU-v2.62-3-20151211162651.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.03 MB, 85094 views)
File Type: zip unlocked_logo.zip - [Click for QR Code] (461.9 KB, 23674 views)
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to lexiyuri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lexiyuri Ad-Free
22nd February 2016, 03:32 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Excellent instructions. First time I saw detail to flash TWRP in a manner that does not revert back to stock recovery.

One recommendation, after the first boot to recovery, make a clean (pre-root, pre-cutom recovery) TWRP back up to your SD Card. If anything goes wrong, just flash this backup.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrTooPhone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrTooPhone Ad-Free
23rd February 2016, 04:08 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Medellín
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTooPhone

Excellent instructions. First time I saw detail to flash TWRP in a manner that does not revert back to stock recovery.

One recommendation, after the first boot to recovery, make a clean (pre-root, pre-cutom recovery) TWRP back up to your SD Card. If anything goes wrong, just flash this backup.

Thank you so much! you appreciate my work after several soft bricks and some bootloops something good result!
The Following User Says Thank You to lexiyuri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lexiyuri Ad-Free
23rd February 2016, 05:44 AM |#4  
Northwest
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTooPhone

Man I wish read your advice last night before I used one of those automated programs to root (installed latest super su) and bootloop city. I figured I would make a backup right after rooting.
I recovered by installing a close to stock 5.11 rom with twrp but would like to get back to MM without starting from scratch.

Does anyone know of a Stock MM rom (not ASOP) that can be installed with twrp?
27th February 2016, 04:52 PM |#5  
Flag jonkoping
Thanks Meter: 20

More
If you get that The phone is not allowed to unlocked The bootloader when i try, how can i unlocked it then

Skickat från min MotoG3 via Tapatalk
28th February 2016, 03:06 AM |#6  
Flag Allahabad
Thanks Meter: 32

Donate to Me
More
Hi can i use same method to root my moto g xt1550 6.0 2Gb version?
Pls reply.
And i there CWM recovery available instead of TWRP Recovery...
I like CWM.
10th March 2016, 02:19 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
moto g 3rd gen
did everything in tor says no such file or dorectory software status says modified does that have anything to do with it? I'm lost
11th March 2016, 05:53 AM |#8  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 45

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirphp

Pls reply.
I like CWM.

I have same question
The Following User Says Thank You to AniketDhoke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AniketDhoke Ad-Free
11th March 2016, 06:32 AM |#9  
Flag Guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirphp

Pls reply.
I like CWM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniketDhoke

I have same question

yes you can use this method for xt1550
there is no CWM recovery for Osprey
11th March 2016, 08:29 PM |#10  
Flag Durgapur, W.B.
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
how much time will it take to rebuild the cache..?? please tell me...after the process 40 mins has passed and still now my moto g3 has not turned on...it still on the boot screen .......
11th March 2016, 09:31 PM |#11  
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 1,087

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkr008

how much time will it take to rebuild the cache..?? please tell me...after the process 40 mins has passed and still now my moto g3 has not turned on...it still on the boot screen .......

I've had it do that on a new flash and I just held the power down until it shut off and when I turned it back on it boots normally.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 6.0, moto g 2015, moto g3, root, xt1541

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)