FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL][OFFICIAL] The HotROM Box v2.1

267 posts
Thanks Meter: 234

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from spamtheboss: Announcing HotROM for Osprey!
24th February 2016, 03:36 PM |#21  
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 1,077

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonw

Yes, it's a .bat file. You need the extracted ROM files and the Fastboot files on the same folder. It's pretty important to avoid brick the phone due to typos.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

LOL, a lot of the younger generation doesn't know DOS, bat files and such.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tel864 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tel864 Ad-Free

25th February 2016, 02:29 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salvador

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skooter32

mm compatibility??

I already updated the tool. Now I just need to upload it and put the link here xD
The Following User Says Thank You to vaporwavie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vaporwavie Ad-Free
15th March 2016, 03:15 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salvador

Donate to Me
More
Guys, I created a poll to analyze how much of users wants Bootloader lock feature. Check in Here
The Following User Says Thank You to vaporwavie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vaporwavie Ad-Free
15th March 2016, 05:19 PM |#24  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtheboss

I already updated the tool. Now I just need to upload it and put the link here xD

Where's the link bro
16th March 2016, 06:34 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salvador

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasi.ram10

Where's the link bro

You sir have a great timing lol

Guys, The HotROM Box update for Osprey is alive! Check in HERE or directly on OP.
Update for Titan is also up, and I'm going to update Thea later.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vaporwavie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vaporwavie Ad-Free
17th March 2016, 01:41 AM |#26  
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:

You sir have a great timing lol

Guys, The HotROM Box update for Osprey is alive! Check in HERE or directly on OP.
Update for Titan is also up, and I'm going to update Thea later.

Oh you've put it on mega😂 i hate that thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to prasi.ram10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prasi.ram10 Ad-Free
17th March 2016, 03:44 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salvador

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasi.ram10

Oh you've put it on mega�� i hate that thing.

Relax, it's temporary. I'm planning on hosting The HotROM Box on it's own domain. Just deal with Mega... I promise it will be the only and last HRB update posted there.
8th May 2016, 12:56 PM |#28  
Flag Chennai

More
for XT1550
Hey man, i was thinking of flashing my phone, thinking of using ur tool to do so... just wanted to confirm if ur tool is compatible with the asian version i mean XT1550 Moto g3...
i looked into ur .bat file, and saw system sparsechunks (total of 5) but in my rom folder ive 7.... i edited the batch file.. im still a little in doubt..
awaiting reply.
14th May 2016, 09:24 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:

The HotROM Box - Early Build
Hey people, I'm spamtheboss, former known on Titan forum on Miui V6 development and also a few tricks I've posted there. But, I have a project called The HotROM Box, which consists in a tool that provides almost everything you need to restore your device in no time, basically an automator. All you need is your adb and fastboot and (for now) your Stock FW.

Thanks for your batch file. Worked fine getting my 2GB Retail XT1541 back to Lollipop and away from the dire Marshmallow memory management! Now I have to figure out, once I've re-rooted it, what Motorola app to freeze so I don't keep getting the update notices.
16th May 2016, 06:18 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salvador

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine101

Thanks for your batch file. Worked fine getting my 2GB Retail XT1541 back to Lollipop and away from the dire Marshmallow memory management! Now I have to figure out, once I've re-rooted it, what Motorola app to freeze so I don't keep getting the update notices.

Well, you're welcome, mate! Glad I helped.
2nd July 2016, 06:45 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salvador

Donate to Me
More
I'm back with some news!
Hey guys!
I've been away for a couple of months due studies, but I have some cool news
The HotROM Box is being PORTED for Linux, most precisely, Debian based distributions!
Now I'm only fixing some bugs, but at the end of the week, HRB will be available for the Penguin for sure.

Note: HRB for Linux is an OFFICIAL PORT. In other words, I am the only maintainer... But that doesn't mean that I'm not open for help and suggestions, so after I release the first build, there will be a Poll so you guys can tell me how the tool is going.

I'm quite hyped to release it, so, see y'all really soon!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)