How to restore status code to 0 from status code 2

Search This thread

bromoxitos

Jun 20, 2014
evia island
you can't

Plzzz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well my friend sry but you can't restore this code
most of devices like samsung,motorola etc they have.... lets say a key for the bootloader(is the door) and this key if you root your device
breaks and the half key stays inside the door hole to reminds you that the key is broken(the devicesis root/unlockbootloader).:(
so if you root any motorola device the code state goes
automatically 2 and stays like this,you can flash again the stock rom and relock the bootloader sure
but the code stays 2 for ever.:(
i hope to help you
moto g XT1541 stock rom 6.0.1 lockbootloader

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
well my friend sry but you can't restore this code
most of devices like samsung,motorola etc they have.... lets say a key for the bootloader(is the door) and this key if you root your device
breaks and the half key stays inside the door hole to reminds you that the key is broken(the devicesis root/unlockbootloader).:(
so if you root any motorola device the code state goes
automatically 2 and stays like this,you can flash again the stock rom and relock the bootloader sure
but the code stays 2 for ever.:(
i hope to help you
moto g XT1541 stock rom 6.0.1 lockbootloader
I'm not exactly sure what you are saying, but I think the jist of it is how do you relock the bootloader... the answer is you cannot, once it is unlocked it will always report as unlocked, even if you reflash stock and find a way to relock the device.

When you unlocked your device, it was plainly stated in the disclosure on the website that once the bootloader is unlocked, it is irreversible.

bromoxitos

Jun 20, 2014
evia island
yeap

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying, but I think the jist of it is how do you relock the bootloader... the answer is you cannot, once it is unlocked it will always report as unlocked, even if you reflash stock and find a way to relock the device.

When you unlocked your device, it was plainly stated in the disclosure on the website that once the bootloader is unlocked, it is irreversible.

YEAAA we say the same think,but i use an othey way to say it. :) :)
i say in the end you can relock the bootloader (more or less) when i say this i mean that you put some partitions back in boot loader
so when you flash the stock rom you can take any ota update,but the main bootloader is unlock always.
i know that form my old moto g2gen, moto x2013!!!

acejavelin

i say in the end you can relock the bootloader (more or less) when i say this i mean that you put some partitions back in boot loader
so when you flash the stock rom you can take any ota update,but the main bootloader is unlock always.
You could relock the bootloader on older Motos, but not anymore... Actually, it can be relocked but it will never report as locked or relocked, it will always be reported as unlocked. I don't how to be more plain in describing this.

And yes, you can take an OTA when unlocked, as long as you have a stock ROM and recovery and your bootloader is the correct version for your ROM. If your bootload and ROM are out of sync (ie. you have a Marshmallow bootloader and a Lollipop ROM), if your bootloader and ROM are out of sync, you could potentially get into a hard bricked situation.

Reactions: bromoxitos

bromoxitos

Jun 20, 2014
evia island
ohh!!

You could relock the bootloader on older Motos, but not anymore... Actually, it can be relocked but it will never report as locked or relocked, it will always be reported as unlocked. I don't how to be more plain in describing this.

And yes, you can take an OTA when unlocked, as long as you have a stock ROM and recovery and your bootloader is the correct version for your ROM. If your bootload and ROM are out of sync (ie. you have a Marshmallow bootloader and a Lollipop ROM), if your bootloader and ROM are out of sync, you could potentially get into a hard bricked situation.
not any more? damn....yea we say the same think,sry for my english,yea i khow what you talking about i brick my moto x like this!!! any way.
ty for the new info about bootloader.
you was 100%
were you a clear,thanks a lot,and i hope to help him

acejavelin

Once I sent my hard bricked phone to Motorola. I had unlocked the bootloader and done the stupid mistake of sideloading an older version and upgrading to a newer, but still older version. When it came back, it said it was Status Code 0.
Wonder how they did it.
They flash the eMMC chip (internal storage chip) directly... If you could get the right image you could possibly do it yourself with a few hundred to thousand dollar investment in a proper JTAG flashing unit.

Key would be getting the right Image, this would be far more than just a normal stock fastboot image, and is probably generated on the fly per device due to differences in serial number, IMEI, etc. These types of images don't get leaked out.

Reactions: yagyaxt1068

wiytboi

Aug 9, 2010
LG Velvet

ok so what if you have never root unlocked, did nothing but use as intended to be.. never trying to do anything to it. wtf would i have a code 2 status then? care to sum that up for me.. cause 100% my situation.

acejavelin

ok so what if you have never root unlocked, did nothing but use as intended to be.. never trying to do anything to it. wtf would i have a code 2 status then? care to sum that up for me.. cause 100% my situation.
You unlocked the bootloader... It doesn't matter if you actually changed anything else or not. Once it's been done, this status code can never go back to 0. If the status code is 2 and you didn't unlock the bootloader, then someone else did.

Last edited:

wiytboi

Aug 9, 2010
LG Velvet
You unlocked the bootloader... It doesn't matter if you actually changed anything else or not. Once it's been done, this status code can never go back to 0. If the status code is 2 and you didn't unlock the bootloader, then someone else did.
No I didn't.. I don't even know how to.. I just found out about recovery mode.. Wait wait before i say that.. How do you unlock boot loader? Turning developer mode on? Going to recovery menu? I've never hard reset it.. Just soft or doing new device. You said it could work fine for a while then shirt out? Like guy I bought from did and then I bought used for couple years and then went tits up?

acejavelin

No I didn't.. I don't even know how to.. I just found out about recovery mode.. Wait wait before i say that.. How do you unlock boot loader? Turning developer mode on? Going to recovery menu? I've never hard reset it.. Just soft or doing new device. You said it could work fine for a while then shirt out? Like guy I bought from did and then I bought used for couple years and then went tits up?
You unlock the bootloader with a series of steps that includes submitting a code to Motorola and getting an unlock code back... Performing it forces a factory reset as well. It's not something you can do by accident.

The issue with Status Code 2 was that an official update could have detected that and refused to update properly or done something worse... That never happened.

If everything is working fine, the status being 2 isn't important, it just means the previous owners had unlocked the bootloader and likely rooted or otherwise modified the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Once I sent my hard bricked phone to Motorola. I had unlocked the bootloader and done the stupid mistake of sideloading an older version and upgrading to a newer, but still older version. When it came back, it said it was Status Code 0.
    Wonder how they did it.
    They flash the eMMC chip (internal storage chip) directly... If you could get the right image you could possibly do it yourself with a few hundred to thousand dollar investment in a proper JTAG flashing unit.

Key would be getting the right Image, this would be far more than just a normal stock fastboot image, and is probably generated on the fly per device due to differences in serial number, IMEI, etc. These types of images don't get leaked out.