Post Reply Email Thread
28th January 2017, 04:56 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
@Alberto97 hey dev lineage OS support vulkan api for Moto G3

28th January 2017, 07:38 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
@Alberto97 how about root in further builds? It will be implemented as in CM or I nedd to always flash it separately?
28th January 2017, 09:37 AM |#23  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo937

@Alberto97 how about root in further builds? It will be implemented as in CM or I nedd to always flash it separately?

No need to flash root zip again, once rooted, its done. Updates will not be affecting it.
28th January 2017, 11:48 AM |#24  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargam44

@Alberto97 hey dev lineage OS support vulkan api for Moto G3

Adreno 3xx series GPU does not support Vulkan API so our device (Having Adreno 306) is not vulkan compatible.
The Following User Says Thank You to kaustubh_lipare For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kaustubh_lipare Ad-Free
28th January 2017, 02:15 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samir.saurav

No need to flash root zip again, once rooted, its done. Updates will not be affecting it.

I meant system built-in root. In build from 25.01 theres no root for apps, only for debug.
31st January 2017, 07:08 AM |#26  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 125

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I meant system built-in root. In build from 25.01 theres no root for apps, only for debug.

Per @Alberto97 in the original post (Dev thread, not Q&A) and from the Lineage team here:
We will NOT be shipping root baked into the ROM.
Root will be a downloadable zip based install similar to gapps installation (only need to flash it once).
In order to have the same "system built-in root" as before, you now need to flash an additional zip file after the ROM. You can even go back and just flash it at a later date without having to re-flash the ROM (easier than changing a kernel!). After having done so, then the option to allow root access for Apps & Apps + ADB will appear in the developer options. And unrooting is now as simple as flashing the removal zip.

You can find them, again per the original post, here.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator.J

So, CM/LOS used to pass SafetyNet, at least well enough for Pokemon Go to successfully sign in with my Google account credentials, merely by renaming/deleting the su binaries. Now it doesn't.

By the way, for anyone who cares, I re-downloaded the Jan 25 official ROM zip directly on the phone this time (instead of to computer and MTP to phone via TWRP), moved it to SD card, Titanium Backup to SD card, wiped system/data/cache/dalvik/internal storage, re-flashed, set up fresh, and PoGo worked.
So I re-downloaded apps, restored app data, call logs, wallpaper, etc. (not accounts or any system settings data) from Titanium Backup on SD card, y'know, got my phone back... still working.
Got brave, ran backup in TWRP (using 3.0.2r5), then applied LOS root zip, installed iSu and toggled root off... still working!

There ya go. At least for me, downloading things via PC (which, apparently because reasons, occasionally doesn't like my osprey in MTP mode) and copying over USB cable isn't always reliable. Downloading things directly to phone, or using SD card in card reader does seem to work consistently. So if you're getting inexplicable errors that nobody else is reporting, maybe download directly to your phone and flash from that file instead of sending it over.

Hope this helps someone somewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator.J For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Terminator.J Ad-Free
1st February 2017, 04:33 AM |#27  
Flag Kharagpur
Thanks Meter: 935

Donate to Me
More
Ok, since one update is now available, can anyone tell if the LineageOS updater downloads incremental update, or the whole zip file just like in CM updater?
1st February 2017, 07:08 AM |#28  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bin.sayantan

Ok, since one update is now available, can anyone tell if the LineageOS updater downloads incremental update, or the whole zip file just like in CM updater?

It downloads the full zip...

Sent from my MotoG3 using XDA Labs
3rd February 2017, 06:58 PM |#29  
Flag Dwarka
Thanks Meter: 5

More
How's the battery life in current build?
3rd February 2017, 07:02 PM |#30  
Flag Capital Federal
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj9716

How's the battery life in current build?

It depends on how you use your phone, in my case I can get a full day without problem and push it up a little more until morning the next day..
8th February 2017, 11:55 AM |#31  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 2,299

More
Quote:

You need to install root separately for apps. Just flash this zip and activate it in settings for apps: https://download.lineageos.org/extras (arm version)

It was made this way because of security and less problems with "anti root" apps like banking apps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)