Very strange speaker/mic issues

Search This thread

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
ok so i got my phone a few days ago, unlocked the bootloader, rooted flashed xposed- the works. everything was working 100%.
i tested the waterproofing, works 100% as well, no problems at all. I had read somewhere that water still gets in under the back cover and that i should dry it after it gets wet. So i opened the back cover and there was some water, i dried it carefully and thoroughly.
The next day, everything was still working fine. I played music on speaker for a little bit, then someone put the phone in a few inches of water. (Yes the back cover was 100% sealed properly!) it was only underwater for 3 seconds or so, i took it out, dried it off, opened the back, dried that off as well, then tried to put my music back on.
It wouldnt work. i went to the youtube app, tried there with the same result. it was as if the volume was turned all the way down. naturally i tried turning it back up, but it was already at the top.
i rebooted, thinking it was just a little bug, but on powering on it still wouldnt work. at this point i'm starting to get worried, i test every app that i have that can play media:
Poweramp, youtube, quickpic, my video editor, stock gallery.
Nothing, its as if my speakers are physically broken. Then, the phone rings. rings, with sound. i pick up, but i cant hear the other person. I put the phone on speaker, and then i can hear them, but it quickly becomes apparent that he isnt hearing me. i toggle speaker a couple times, when its on i can hear him but he cant here me. when its off neither of us hears the other. i try speaking into google now- its as if i havent spoken.
By this time i get home, i try putting in earphones- music comes blasting out the earphones. i take em out- silence. i connect to a bluetooth speaker- works for music no problem.
I plug in my phone, it plays the sound i set it to play on charger connect/disconnect with gravity box. i unplug, it plays it again. I sent messages to a few people on various social media, and few moments later, whatsapp plays it's notification sound, facebook messenger vibrates but dosent play a sound, facebook plays a little sound, sms app plays its sound.
now i unplug my phone, no sound. i plug it in, still no sound. i just got a whatsapp message, with no sound.
As a last resort i test my alarm clock app. it plays its alarm, but very quietly. i try the stock alarm clock, same result: it plays out loud but much quieter than normal.
so to sum up:
notifications play, sometimes.
media does not play at all.
the phone ringer works.
i can only hear the other end when on speaker phone.
the other end cant hear me at all.
alarms play very quietly.
rebooting, disabling all xposed modules, wiping cache and dalvik from twrp have no effect.

What the actual hell is going on with my phone???

Reactions: dbbrich

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
Did a hard reboot, that seems to have done the trick. I cant believe a hard reboot can do what a factory reset couldnt.
Oh well. Its working now.

garumoron

Oct 25, 2015
Nothing of that... Is water resistant... No water proof... If you put into water its get into the speakers and mic they get wet... And stop working... Just got to dry with some air blower and thats its... It could take a minute an haour a day por a week its depende con how muchos water is inside TVE speaker and mic grill...

banerjeeayan1996

Feb 17, 2014
Kolkata
Putting in water with speakers on may result in speaker damage. Motorola has strickly said that. Guys sometimes read user manuals and booklets too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok so i got my phone a few days ago, unlocked the bootloader, rooted flashed xposed- the works. everything was working 100%.
    i tested the waterproofing, works 100% as well, no problems at all. I had read somewhere that water still gets in under the back cover and that i should dry it after it gets wet. So i opened the back cover and there was some water, i dried it carefully and thoroughly.
    The next day, everything was still working fine. I played music on speaker for a little bit, then someone put the phone in a few inches of water. (Yes the back cover was 100% sealed properly!) it was only underwater for 3 seconds or so, i took it out, dried it off, opened the back, dried that off as well, then tried to put my music back on.
    It wouldnt work. i went to the youtube app, tried there with the same result. it was as if the volume was turned all the way down. naturally i tried turning it back up, but it was already at the top.
    i rebooted, thinking it was just a little bug, but on powering on it still wouldnt work. at this point i'm starting to get worried, i test every app that i have that can play media:
    Poweramp, youtube, quickpic, my video editor, stock gallery.
    Nothing, its as if my speakers are physically broken. Then, the phone rings. rings, with sound. i pick up, but i cant hear the other person. I put the phone on speaker, and then i can hear them, but it quickly becomes apparent that he isnt hearing me. i toggle speaker a couple times, when its on i can hear him but he cant here me. when its off neither of us hears the other. i try speaking into google now- its as if i havent spoken.
    By this time i get home, i try putting in earphones- music comes blasting out the earphones. i take em out- silence. i connect to a bluetooth speaker- works for music no problem.
    I plug in my phone, it plays the sound i set it to play on charger connect/disconnect with gravity box. i unplug, it plays it again. I sent messages to a few people on various social media, and few moments later, whatsapp plays it's notification sound, facebook messenger vibrates but dosent play a sound, facebook plays a little sound, sms app plays its sound.
    now i unplug my phone, no sound. i plug it in, still no sound. i just got a whatsapp message, with no sound.
    As a last resort i test my alarm clock app. it plays its alarm, but very quietly. i try the stock alarm clock, same result: it plays out loud but much quieter than normal.
    so to sum up:
    notifications play, sometimes.
    media does not play at all.
    the phone ringer works.
    i can only hear the other end when on speaker phone.
    the other end cant hear me at all.
    alarms play very quietly.
    rebooting, disabling all xposed modules, wiping cache and dalvik from twrp have no effect.

What the actual hell is going on with my phone???