FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Back to my MOTO G

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By El Niño Gordo, Member on 17th November 2015, 02:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys, someone stole my iPhone yesterday so now I have to take back my old MOTO G again but there's a problem, I don't remember anything about Android. I read dozens of guide and I did plenty of customizations back in the days (bootloader unlocking etc.) but now I'm short of time because I really need to use it. How can I delete everything on the phone (except the IMEI and such) and reinstall the latest Android version? Is there anything new that I have to know? Unfortunately I cannot update it on the air thanks to all the thing I changed. Thanks for your time.

One last thing why are there 3 sections about the MOTO G? Where am I supposed to write?

17th November 2015, 06:27 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Niño Gordo

Hello guys, someone stole my iPhone yesterday so now I have to take back my old MOTO G again but there's a problem, I don't remember anything about Android. I read dozens of guide and I did plenty of customizations back in the days (bootloader unlocking etc.) but now I'm short of time because I really need to use it. How can I delete everything on the phone (except the IMEI and such) and reinstall the latest Android version? Is there anything new that I have to know? Unfortunately I cannot update it on the air thanks to all the thing I changed. Thanks for your time.

One last thing why are there 3 sections about the MOTO G? Where am I supposed to write?

You are talking about the moto g 2015 right?
If so the steps are:

1. Unlock bootloader using motorolla website. This will wipe your data
2. Install twrp using fastboot
3. Boot into twrp
4. Wipe dalvik cache/ cache/data/system
5. Install cm12.1 and gapps zip
6 Wipe dalvic cache/ cache again
7. Reboot
17th November 2015, 09:14 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto G User

You are talking about the moto g 2015 right?
If so the steps are:

1. Unlock bootloader using motorolla website. This will wipe your data
2. Install twrp using fastboot
3. Boot into twrp
4. Wipe dalvik cache/ cache/data/system
5. Install cm12.1 and gapps zip
6 Wipe dalvic cache/ cache again
7. Reboot

My moto G is more than 2 years old (XT1032), are your instructions still good for my version?
17th November 2015, 10:47 PM |#4  
Quote:

My moto G is more than 2 years old (XT1032), are your instructions still good for my version?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g
Wrong forum. If it's two years old, that means it came out in 2013. Why would you post in the 2015 forum? :P
18th November 2015, 06:35 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:

Yeah these instructions will work. They are pretty much the same for all of the Motorola phones
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)