FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

VOLTE sim issue with Moto G 3rd gen

63 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By chokhu1585, Member on 21st January 2016, 07:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I recently got two sim cards of Reliance Jio 4G in India. This sim supports VOLTE for calling. I have put Jio 4G sim in slot 1 and Airtel 4G sim in slot 2. Things are working fine and I am getting LTE and VOLTE signals as shown in attached screenshot 1.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453404191162.jpg
Views:	7442
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	3617858
But at randomly, my LTE sim signal is getting lost and sim 1 is showing as in screenshot 2.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453404275271.jpg
Views:	7098
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	3617861
All I need to do is to go to sim settings and disable sim 1 and again enabling it will bring signals back. This is happening randomly during a day and happening 4-5 times in a day. I even dont know that signal is lost unless I take my phone of pocket for some other work. I have even tried to put second Jio 4G sim to check but same is happening with second sim also. Tried even putting both Jio 4G sim in sim slot 2 but same problem is happening. But my another sim of Airtel 4G is not having any such issue.
So I am confused whether its an issue with sim or phone? Not able to decide whether to go to service center or contact Jio service provider customer care.
Any help would really be appreciations. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to chokhu1585 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chokhu1585 Ad-Free

22nd January 2016, 11:48 AM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Any solution??

19th April 2016, 09:55 AM |#3  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Its the issue with jio 4g network
Its the issue with jio 4g, it is still under test and not commercially released, it is given only to reliance employees so that they can perform tests. I also have the SIM and I'm facing similar issues. So just chill nothing's wrong with your phone its the jio the network which is weak and under testing. But its getting stable day by day.

Also I wanted to ask you that how to use VoLTE as in my MOTO G3 this VoLTE symbol is not there? I was never able to make a VoLTE call. Is it because of the marshmallow update? Please let me know your software version. Are you on lollipop or marshmallow?

Thanks.
19th April 2016, 05:26 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 3,294

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshtaikar

Its the issue with jio 4g, it is still under test and not commercially released, it is given only to reliance employees so that they can perform tests. I also have the SIM and I'm facing similar issues. So just chill nothing's wrong with your phone its the jio the network which is weak and under testing. But its getting stable day by day.

Also I wanted to ask you that how to use VoLTE as in my MOTO G3 this VoLTE symbol is not there? I was never able to make a VoLTE call. Is it because of the marshmallow update? Please let me know your software version. Are you on lollipop or marshmallow?

Thanks.

I don't know how the OP is getting a VoLTE icon on their device, the Moto G 2015 does not support VoLTE.
19th April 2016, 06:26 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Moto g 2015 support VoLTE , whatever version is your's LP or MM you have to just enable it in under settings.
Settings > More > Mobile networks > enhanced calling feature ( enable it ) .
Remember VoLTE is available only on sim 1 .
20th April 2016, 02:25 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 3,294

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky90

Moto g 2015 support VoLTE , whatever version is your's LP or MM you have to just enable it in under settings.

Your right... I was thinking Band 12 LTE
24th April 2016, 02:39 PM |#7  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky90

I don't see such option in the settings. No enchanced calling feature.......
24th April 2016, 03:03 PM |#8  

More
Are you on stock ROM ? , if then your network service provider has to support VoLTE otherwise you can't enable it .
30th July 2016, 06:37 PM |#9  
Flag My Current location is Forum.xda-developers.com .. :P
Thanks Meter: 79

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokhu1585

I recently got two sim cards of Reliance Jio 4G in India. This sim supports VOLTE for calling. I have put Jio 4G sim in slot 1 and Airtel 4G sim in slot 2. Things are working fine and I am getting LTE and VOLTE signals as shown in attached screenshot 1.Attachment 3617858
But at randomly, my LTE sim signal is getting lost and sim 1 is showing as in screenshot 2.Attachment 3617861
All I need to do is to go to sim settings and disable sim 1 and again enabling it will bring signals back. This is happening randomly during a day and happening 4-5 times in a day. I even dont know that signal is lost unless I take my phone of pocket for some other work. I have even tried to put second Jio 4G sim to check but same is happening with second sim also. Tried even putting both Jio 4G sim in sim slot 2 but same problem is happening. But my another sim of Airtel 4G is not having any such issue.
So I am confused whether its an issue with sim or phone? Not able to decide whether to go to service center or contact Jio service provider customer care.
Any help would really be appreciations. Thanks in advance.

On which android version of stock rom or which rom you were getting Volte sign over network?
Can u pleaae tell..
I am also using G3 and Jio4g ..I am not unable to listen the sound fron other side ..
There is no sound..
Please tell on which rom you were getting signals of VoLTE ??
Hint:- I am using Cm12.1 and there is no option to enable VoLte..
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to AmanNawaz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AmanNawaz Ad-Free
30th July 2016, 07:07 PM |#10  

More
Only stock rom support VoLTE call and messages.
If you are on stock rom make sure you have enabled enhanced 4G LTE mode under mobile networks >settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to vicky90 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vicky90 Ad-Free
31st July 2016, 08:18 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am using Reliance Jio 4G sim.Even I have faced the network disconnection issue sometimes.Hope it is the problem with the network provider(Reliance).Other than that everything is working fine,been using VOLTE for calls,and 4G is working smoothly for me as of now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)