By Alberto97, Recognized Developer on 21st September 2016, 08:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd July 2017, 06:52 PM |#5001  
Flag waves gently lapping on the beach
Thanks Meter: 698

More
wanted to see this in there...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/wik...blem_-_Android
The Following User Says Thank You to KrisM22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KrisM22 Ad-Free

2nd July 2017, 08:08 PM |#5002  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,697

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisM22

wanted to see this in there...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/wik...blem_-_Android

I was wondering when that one would end up in there. When I was writing a FAQ focused on bug reporting (as opposed to flashing as yours does) I found that wiki page which precluded much of the FAQ I was writing.

Apologies for the OT but it will become on topic when I finish this keyboard test (typing via OTG USB keyboard ATM) and report shortly.
2nd July 2017, 08:14 PM |#5003  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

I was wondering when that one would end up in there. When I was writing a FAQ focused on bug reporting (as opposed to flashing as yours does) I found that wiki page which precluded much of the FAQ I was writing.

Apologies for the OT but it will become on topic when I finish this keyboard test (typing via OTG USB keyboard ATM) and report shortly.

No prob - I would have posted it earlier but restored my os at least a dozen times tracking a linux prob and lost the bookmark for it - had to go find it. All is fixed and I'm even finally on 6-29.
2nd July 2017, 08:24 PM |#5004  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisM22

No prob - I would have posted it earlier but restored my os at least a dozen times tracking a linux prob and lost the bookmark for it - had to go find it. All is fixed and I'm even finally on 6-29.

Thanks for including it. No criticism implied. My post was an excuse to test keyboards, as if I did not already type enough.
2nd July 2017, 08:29 PM |#5005  
Flag eluru
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

Let's clear something up first: "Bro" implies familiar, young and male... but the world, including XDA, is a bigger place than that.

As to root: LOS is natively rooted and there is an SU package that manages SU permissions. I would advise doing some research about flashing and rooting since this thread is supposed to be focused on testing the ROM.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

You ninja-ed me, and with better advise too.

Thanks bro
2nd July 2017, 08:37 PM |#5006  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshadhack

Thanks bro

OT:
I doubt that you would appreciate it if people here called you "child". "Bro" is similarly disrespectful, and you are being told that it is a childish and unappreciated form of address too familiar for some people in forums like this. If you want to address people (at least me) that way then go join a social chatroom somewhere. No need to respond to this post.
OT over.
2nd July 2017, 09:01 PM |#5007  

More
Quote:

Thanks for including it. No criticism implied. My post was an excuse to test keyboards, as if I did not already type enough.

test failed - too short okay, nuf!
2nd July 2017, 09:22 PM |#5008  
Recognized Contributor

More
2nd July 2017, 09:43 PM |#5009  
Flag eluru
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

OT:

I doubt that you would appreciate it if people here called you "child". "Bro" is similarly disrespectful, and you are being told that it is a childish and unappreciated form of address too familiar for some people in forums like this. If you want to address people (at least me) that way then go join a social chatroom somewhere. No need to respond to this post.
OT over.

Ooo ok sir
2nd July 2017, 09:59 PM |#5010  
Recognized Contributor

More
Physical keyboard settings not persisting, and LiveDisplay issues when GPS is used: Not device specific, reported from Peregrine, also reproduced in Osprey. Details and links to Jira tickets in this post in Peregrine thread:https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=921, but if you reproduce them on Osprey then post here in the Osprey thread. Comments and votes from either device could be added to the Jira tickets.

[EDIT] Clarification in re Physical Keyboard: This would apply to most external (AKA - physical) keyboards which, when used on Android devices, preclude the need for the on-screen keyboard and therefore are more dependent on auto-correct. This is what the options in Settings > Languages & input > Physical keyboard are supposed to handle but do not. To witness it you can test it as described in the jira ticket: with "USB keyboard attached via OTG, or with BT keyboard attached." Even without any external keyboard attached the issue is clear by doing what is described in the ticket in re logging the issue:

- With no physical keyboard attached.
- Open Physical keyboard settings through main settings panel.
- Enable the settings in question.
- Back button to Languages & input.
- Open Physical keyboard settings again = the settings are no longer selected.
3rd July 2017, 12:19 AM |#5011  

More
I have an OTG adapter but I'd have to go buy another keyboard. - no spares around.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)