FORUMS

SailfishOS

1,167 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,299

Post Reply Email Thread

SailfishOS for Motorola Moto G3 by VerdandiTeam

Quote:

Warning: Flashing this may void your device’s warranty, lead
to data loss, hair loss, financial loss, privacy loss, security breaches, or other damage, and therefore
must be done entirely at your own risk. No one affiliated with this project is responsible for your
actions but yourself.

Not working:
  • FM Radio
  • Maybe wifi after reboot (happened only on one phone so feedback welcome)
  • maybe some minor bugs

INSTALL:
- download cm12.1 base
- download rootfs
- [OPTIONAL] flash Jolla bootlogo
- wipe everything (data/dalvik/system/cache you know)
- Install cm12.1
- Install rootfs
- Boot
- Have fun

Changelog:
STABLE 1:
  • Initial public release
STABLE 2:
  • Fixed pixel ratio
  • Fixed 4G
  • OTA support
  • Fixed SD Card mounting
STABLE 3:
  • SailfishOS version bumped to 2.2.0.29
STABLE 4:
  • SailfishOS version bumped to 2.2.1.18
STABLE 5:
  • SailfishOS version bumped to 3.2.0.12
STABLE 6:
  • SailfishOS version bumped to 3.2.1.20

F.A.Q.

OTA
Run in terminal:
Code:
devel-su ssu re 3.2.1.20
devel-su ssu ar adaptation-community http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/motorola:/osprey/sailfishos_3.2.1.20/
devel-su ssu ar adaptation-community-common http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/common/sailfishos_3.2.1.20/
devel-su zypper clean -a
devel-su zypper ref -f
version --dup
HOW TO REPORT BUG
After bug occurs type in the terminal following commands:
Code:
/usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/bin/logcat
devel-su dmesg
devel-su journalctl
and give me logs from there (do not paste it in the post! Use pastebin.com)
devel-su will ask you for password, you can set it in developer tools.
XDA:DevDB Information
SailfishOS for Moto G3, ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
Mister_Magister, Keij0
Source Code: https://github.com/verdandiTeam

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 4

Created 2018-05-06
Last Updated 2020-01-20
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Mister_Magister For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mister_Magister Ad-Free
7th May 2018, 02:39 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sir please make the ROM volte enable
7th May 2018, 04:00 PM |#4  

More
Error 7 script
7th May 2018, 06:32 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 865

More
Working great! Very responsive, and it's stable. Thank you very much for the build. Just some hicupps:

1 My sdcard isn't being detected. tried mounting it manually, format it from settings, format it into ext4 and back to fat32 but no luck so far. I haven't figured out if I could mount it manually using the terminal.

2. MTP mode is detected but no storage is shown. KDE Dolphin file browser just keeps on loading. I will investigate further on my Windows installation.

3. Weird issue on bluetooth headset. It doesn't notify on incoming call, but works fine during the conversation. But when I hang up via the 'End Call' option, the headset starts ringing. It even doesn't shut down after pressing and holding the power button, it kind of 'stucks' for about a minute and then stops. The phone shows 'device connected' the entire time, and the connection isn't broken at any point.
Maybe its just my headset, but I don't have another one to test at this moment so I will wait if somebody else confirms this, then I will look forward to produce a useful log.

4. The maximum connectivity I can get is LTE (or 4g) butsailfish only shows 'prefer 3G' and '2G'. Not a problem, but just wanted to notify that the speed rather feels like LTE. And, I don't get a full coverage on LTE inside my home (3g is always full bars), and the signal bar indeed shows 50% signal, sometimes around 80% but the text reads '3G' and sometimes '2G'. Maybe it's just not displaying correctly?

5. OTG apparantly doesn't work, maybe it isn't implemented yet, I don't know.

The experience is great. And yeah, the battery backup is very good Right now I'm trying to find alternative apps to work with. Some equivalent file manager, tapatalk like app, ftp client and a file sharing tool etc... Long Journey.... Happy flasing to all
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gravemind2015 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gravemind2015 Ad-Free
7th May 2018, 07:17 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 8807 6757

Sir please make the ROM volte enable

WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunimix

Error 7 script

works on 4 other phones its not my problem
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister_Magister For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mister_Magister Ad-Free
7th May 2018, 07:23 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravemind2015

Working great! Very responsive, and it's stable. Thank you very much for the build. Just some hicupps:

1 My sdcard isn't being detected. tried mounting it manually, format it from settings, format it into ext4 and back to fat32 but no luck so far. I haven't figured out if I could mount it manually using the terminal.

2. MTP mode is detected but no storage is shown. KDE Dolphin file browser just keeps on loading. I will investigate further on my Windows installation.

3. Weird issue on bluetooth headset. It doesn't notify on incoming call, but works fine during the conversation. But when I hang up via the 'End Call' option, the headset starts ringing. It even doesn't shut down after pressing and holding the power button, it kind of 'stucks' for about a minute and then stops. The phone shows 'device connected' the entire time, and the connection isn't broken at any point.
Maybe its just my headset, but I don't have another one to test at this moment so I will wait if somebody else confirms this, then I will look forward to produce a useful log.

4. The maximum connectivity I can get is LTE (or 4g) butsailfish only shows 'prefer 3G' and '2G'. Not a problem, but just wanted to notify that the speed rather feels like LTE. And, I don't get a full coverage on LTE inside my home (3g is always full bars), and the signal bar indeed shows 50% signal, sometimes around 80% but the text reads '3G' and sometimes '2G'. Maybe it's just not displaying correctly?

5. OTG apparantly doesn't work, maybe it isn't implemented yet, I don't know.

The experience is great. And yeah, the battery backup is very good Right now I'm trying to find alternative apps to work with. Some equivalent file manager, tapatalk like app, ftp client and a file sharing tool etc... Long Journey.... Happy flasing to all

1. install "sd-utils", i forgot to add it to package

2 I probably forgot to patch kernel

3 Will patch bluetooth for new bluez then we'll see

4 you can go to /etc/ofono/ril_subscription.conf and enable 4G i forgot to enable it

5 see 2

so lemme bake new build kay?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mister_Magister For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mister_Magister Ad-Free
7th May 2018, 07:48 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hello Mister_Magister, i would like to thank you so much, your build runs perfectly smooth on my device.
Everything i tested so far works properly, even MTP with an Debian 9 System works well.
Wohaaa, so glad to get back some more of my privacy from google... Thank you!
7th May 2018, 07:52 PM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo1881

Hello Mister_Magister, i would like to thank you so much, your build runs perfectly smooth on my device.
Everything i tested so far works properly, even MTP with an Debian 9 System works well.
Wohaaa, so glad to get back some more of my privacy from google... Thank you!

It shouldnt have as im patching it right now but… well nice XD

Update: yes it should have work works on my machine too kernel has it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister_Magister For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mister_Magister Ad-Free
7th May 2018, 09:05 PM |#10  

More
You are very kind to answer my question, thank you
8th May 2018, 10:23 AM |#11  
UPDATE IS HERE!

you need to wipe your os this time but this build has OTA support so this will be last time
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mister_Magister For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mister_Magister Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)