FORUMS

HD1925 OnePlus 7t Pro McLaren 5g - Crowdsourced Data Request.

124 posts
Thanks Meter: 63

By ntzrmtthihu777, Senior Member on 15th January 2020, 04:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntzrmtthihu777

So, I've been doing some work on getting LineageOS to work on this device. No idea as of right now
if it will work on any other carrier variants (I think they don't allow for bootloader unlocking?).

Currently everything 'works' (some is buggy but that may be more to do with the fact that 17.1 is not
currently finished) with the exception of two things I've tested/noticed (other stuff may be broken
but I've not seen them yet): audio in calls (I can make/take calls but I can't hear or be heard. Audio
works as I can play music in the LineageOS music app and record/playback the recording in the app)
and the fingerprint sensor (pretty sure I'm just missing some part from the stock ROM).

What I'm asking is that all owners of stock (unlocked/rooted is probably fine, custom kernels prob
not) collect some logs for me during specific activities so I can determine what is missing and maybe
produce a rom for you guys to test out without losing some features.

I'd like three things:
1. Follow the instructions here and upload the oem_log folder to somewhere and share it.
2. A logcat of boot up through making a phone call and hang up. To take this, you'll need
developer mode and adb debugging enabled on the phone and the platform tools (adb
primarily) set up for your operating system. From either cmd.exe (windows) or Terminal.app (OSX)
or your preferred terminal emulator (Linux, too many options to list them all), enter this command:

Code:
adb logcat > logcat.call.log
Then, power your phone off, hook it up via USB to the machine, power it on, place the call,
say a few words, hang up. Then press ctrl+c in the cmd/terminal/whatever window to
end the logging session.
3. A logcat of boot up through enrolling a fingerprint in the phone and unlocking via
the fingerprint. Same procedure, but the command is:
Code:
adb logcat > logcat.finger.log
Optionally, for those with rooted phones, I'd like these logs as well:
4. A dmesg during boot up through making a call and hangup. Same procedure as #2, but the
command is
Code:
adb shell su -c dmesg > dmesg.call.log
5. A dmesg during boot up through enrolling a fingerprint in the phone and unlocking
via the fingerprint. Same procedure as #3 but the command is
Code:
adb shell su -c dmesg > dmesg.finger.log
The files gathered from #2-5 will be in the current directory you executed the logcat command
from. On windows it will say this right before where you type the command, and on OSX/Linux
this will probably be in your home directory, unless you changed the directory first. I expect OSX
or Linux users to be a bit more savvy about this already.

The files may contain unique data to your phone (serial number, IMEI, other things) but android
filters out all but the last two numbers of the phone you are calling, so its generally ok. However,
I do not suggest posting links to these files here, but you can message me them directly here.
If/when you do this, please make note of the exact model number of your phone (not sure if
all 5g phones are HD1925 or not), current firmware version, and baseband version. These can
all be found in settings->about phone or so.

Hopefully we can get all this sorted out before too long and have working lineage builds quickly.
Thanks in advance and happy hacking!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ntzrmtthihu777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ntzrmtthihu777 Ad-Free
15th January 2020, 08:18 PM |#2  
Quote:

So, I've been doing some work on getting LineageOS to work on this device. No idea as of right now
if it will work on any other carrier variants (I think they don't allow for bootloader unlocking?).

Currently everything 'works' (some is buggy but that may be more to do with the fact that 17.1 is not
currently finished) with the exception of two things I've tested/noticed (other stuff may be broken
but I've not seen them yet): audio in calls (I can make/take calls but I can't hear or be heard. Audio
works as I can play music in the LineageOS music app and record/playback the recording in the app)
and the fingerprint sensor (pretty sure I'm just missing some part from the stock ROM).

What I'm asking is that all owners of stock (unlocked/rooted is probably fine, custom kernels prob
not) collect some logs for me during specific activities so I can determine what is missing and maybe
produce a rom for you guys to test out without losing some features.

I'd like three things:
1. Follow the instructions here and upload the oem_log folder to somewhere and share it.
2. A logcat of boot up through making a phone call and hang up. To take this, you'll need
developer mode and adb debugging enabled on the phone and the platform tools (adb
primarily) set up for your operating system. From either cmd.exe (windows) or Terminal.app (OSX)
or your preferred terminal emulator (Linux, too many options to list them all), enter this command:

Then, power your phone off, hook it up via USB to the machine, power it on, place the call,
say a few words, hang up. Then press ctrl+c in the cmd/terminal/whatever window to
end the logging session.
3. A logcat of boot up through enrolling a fingerprint in the phone and unlocking via
the fingerprint. Same procedure, but the command is:

Optionally, for those with rooted phones, I'd like these logs as well:
4. A dmesg during boot up through making a call and hangup. Same procedure as #2, but the
command is

5. A dmesg during boot up through enrolling a fingerprint in the phone and unlocking
via the fingerprint. Same procedure as #3 but the command is

The files gathered from #2-5 will be in the current directory you executed the logcat command
from. On windows it will say this right before where you type the command, and on OSX/Linux
this will probably be in your home directory, unless you changed the directory first. I expect OSX
or Linux users to be a bit more savvy about this already.

The files may contain unique data to your phone (serial number, IMEI, other things) but android
filters out all but the last two numbers of the phone you are calling, so its generally ok. However,
I do not suggest posting links to these files here, but you can message me them directly here.
If/when you do this, please make note of the exact model number of your phone (not sure if
all 5g phones are HD1925 or not), current firmware version, and baseband version. These can
all be found in settings->about phone or so.

Hopefully we can get all this sorted out before too long and have official lineage builds quickly.
Thanks in advance and happy hacking!

If I can get my hands on my laptop, I'll see if I can help out with this. Will PM you if I can manage it!
15th January 2020, 11:57 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ784

If I can get my hands on my laptop, I'll see if I can help out with this. Will PM you if I can manage it!

Thanks much, would be quite helpful I think. its soo frikken close to being done and usable as a phone.
16th January 2020, 02:30 AM |#4  
Flag Saint Paul
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Quote:

Thanks much, would be quite helpful I think. its soo frikken close to being done and usable as a phone.

Super excited but also worried as there is no proven way to restore to stock??
16th January 2020, 02:34 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirschdog1

I don't know, as far as I can tell using the flash.zip in one of these threads did the trick for me, but as there is no ota
to be taken I can't tell if that works or not.
16th January 2020, 02:37 AM |#6  
Flag sacramento
Thanks Meter: 697

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirschdog1

You can use the msm tool to read back all partitions
U will get the boot system vendor dtbo vbmeta,etc plus all bin files . just in case you screw up your 5g modem or lose your IMEI
16th January 2020, 03:24 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinnfamous

You can use the msm tool to read back all partitions
U will get the boot system vendor dtbo vbmeta,etc plus all bin files . just in case you screw up your 5g modem or lose your IMEI

Explain.
16th January 2020, 03:40 AM |#8  
Flag sacramento

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Explain.

Open up msm tool and press f8 when the screen pops up use crtl+a to select all partitions the PW is oneplus then ok . Then press readback button .Power off phone and connect phone while holding both volume buttons to USB keep holding the buttons till it shows it's connected and readback will start and you should have all img files and bin files in C/
16th January 2020, 03:50 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinnfamous

Open up msm tool and press f8 when the screen pops up use crtl+a to select all partitions the PW is oneplus then ok . Then press readback button .Power off phone and connect phone while holding both volume buttons to USB keep holding the buttons till it shows it's connected and readback will start and you should have all img files and bin files in C/

This would require the MSM tool specific to this device, would it not? If it doesn't, man, I need to get some folks
to do this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ntzrmtthihu777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ntzrmtthihu777 Ad-Free
16th January 2020, 03:56 AM |#10  
Flag sacramento

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This would require the MSM tool specific to this device, would it not? If it doesn't, man, I need to get some folks
to do this.

I've done it. But my bootloader is not unlocked and the OnePlus website says my IMEI is invalid. Use msm tool found in this forum. I used the one from my op7pro. This is something alot should have tried just from owning previous oneplus devices
The Following User Says Thank You to twinnfamous For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift twinnfamous Ad-Free
16th January 2020, 04:17 AM |#11  
Flag Sun Valley, CA
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:

to do this.

I did mine already but my bootloader is still locked too invalid imei
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)