[OP7TPRO TMO 5G][OOS 11.0.1.5 HD61CB] Unbrick tool to restore your device to OxygenOS

Search This thread
Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to the previous threads for
OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T, OP6, OP6T, OP7, OP7PRO, regular OP7T, T-Mobile OP7T and regular OP7TPRO here are the EDL packages (also known as MSM tools or unbrick tools) that can revive a bricked OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren bought from T-Mobile.
They can also be used to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS if for some reason you want to go back to an older firmware :)

It will only work with 5G T-Mobile variant HD1925

You can download the following versions:

ANDROID 10:

ANDROID 11:

11.0.1.5 HD61CB

Mirror for first and last MSMs: https://onepluscommunityserver.com/

Instructions:

Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.

Specific to 10.0.27 and up

On the login prompt select "Other" in the dropdown menu and click on Next.
Wait a few seconds until main window shows up.

Click on Target button and select T-MO if it hasn't been automatically.
Power your device off.
Maintain volume up and volume down keys to get into Qualcomm EDL mode.
Plug your device to your computer using stock OnePlus cable.
Click on Enum to be sure your device is detected and press Start.
Wait ~300 seconds.
Enjoy your brand new device.

FAQ:

Will this fix OTAs I couldn't receive after unlocking bootloader?

Yes. Mind it will however wipe all of your internal storage and relock bootloader automatically (but you shouldn't have to reapply for an unlock token if your bootloader was unlocked previously).

Does this work on Mac or on Linux?

Unfortunately no, tool is Windows only. You should need at least Windows 7.

Why is my antivirus freaking out when unzipping the archive or running the tool?

In an effort to protect reverse engineering from being done (and by extension prevent conversion process like it was done on 6T and 7Pro), OnePlus now use VM Protect V3 in their MSM tools. As this tries to detect debug environment, this is seen as malicious behaviour by some antivirus.

My device isn't detected when I click on "Enum" button

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked above.

MSM tool is stuck on "Sahara communication failed"

Unplug your phone, get in fastboot mode, turn off phone, wait 15 secondes and get back in Qualcomm EDL mode. You can also try using a USB 2.0 port instead of a 3.0 one.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

How can I fix "SMT config not found" error?

Please refer to https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83448961&postcount=61, all credits to @Shadow12347 for finding it out.

Credits:

@omariscal1019 for getting 10.0.27 version from OnePlus
@a63548 for getting 10.0.19 version from OnePlus
An anonymous user for unblocking situation with OnePlus CS (they kept sending package meant for 7T T-Mobile)
@jhofseth for decryption of 10.0.19 tool
@xian1243 and @omariscal1019 for testing 10.0.13 version, @twinnfamous for testing 10.0.13 and 10.0.16 versions, @ntzrmtthihu777 for testing 10.0.13 , 10.0.16 and 10.0.19 versions, @DanDroidOS for testing 10.0.19 version, and @me2151 for testing 11.0.1.5 version.
@Titokhan for being a friend and providing inspiration in writing
@headsh0t95 for being a friend and suggesting me to request an access to upload files on AndroidFileHost now one year ago for my previous threads
@AndroidFileHost for the hosting
OnePlus for the device and OS

Last edited:

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
Nice work! I refuse to go any further than bootloader unlocking until I had a tested MSM recovery. Can't tell you how many times those saved my butt with previous 1+ phones.

Justingaribay7

Feb 27, 2015
OnePlus 10 Pro
Nothing Phone 2
I apologise in advance, but I do not see a link for the msm tool to flash zips in this post ? Can someone please link a copy of the correct msm tool so we can download it, please and thank you:) if there is a adb command that I'd have to run instead of msm tool please help me by listing a small guide of how to do it:) thanks

Joe199799

Sep 7, 2014
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject. Is this what we've been waiting for? I'm guessing no or very little experimenting was being done because nobody wanted to destroy their phone. But if I understanding correctly this will work like the one for the 6T only difference is we can't flash a global firmware (for the moment) if you royally f**k up this will save you. With this tool it should make experimenting with the device a lot less of an issue?

ntzrmtthihu777

May 17, 2015
I apologise in advance, but I do not see a link for the msm tool to flash zips in this post ? Can someone please link a copy of the correct msm tool so we can download it, please and thank you:) if there is a adb command that I'd have to run instead of msm tool please help me by listing a small guide of how to do it:) thanks
There's a button that has them all listed. There's three versions.

Excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject. Is this what we've been waiting for? I'm guessing no or very little experimenting was being done because nobody wanted to destroy their phone. But if I understanding correctly this will work like the one for the 6T only difference is we can't flash a global firmware (for the moment) if you royally f**k up this will save you. With this tool it should make experimenting with the device a lot less of an issue?
More or less, but there simply is no global firmware for us to
convert to for this device (they could create one, I suppose).
This tool will fix just about any sort of brick we may encounter
during normal experimentation.

Joe199799

Sep 7, 2014
Google Pixel 7 Pro
There's a button that has them all listed. There's three versions.

More or less, but there simply is no global firmware for us to
convert to for this device (they could create one, I suppose).
This tool will fix just about any sort of brick we may encounter
during normal experimentation.

I guessing there's a strong possibility of a global conversion hindering 5G?

I'm just glad there's a tool available to people that want to modify their phones and don't end up with a 900$ paperweight in the event something goes wrong.

Justingaribay7

Feb 27, 2015
OnePlus 10 Pro
Nothing Phone 2
Damn, I can't believe I didn't even think about unzipping the whole file lol figured it was just the phone firmware on those links , because there was only software versions listed haha thanks for your help guys!:D figured it out, download whatever version you want to flash, unzip file accordingly, all the proper files you'll need will be in the extracted folder:D install directions above, thanks again!!!

Shadow12347

Oct 26, 2011
You sir are a lifesaver! I was having too many issues with my phone after some of the tweaks, and was stuck on the .16 software version. Now I'm updated to .19 and ready to break the phone again! :D

Reactions: lendawg

djohnson1618

Jun 28, 2009
New York
What if you connect your phone and it does not even show up as the bulk driver in device manager. I have literally bricked it to the point that only edl mode shows up. Can anyone please show me the light?

Joe199799

Sep 7, 2014
Google Pixel 7 Pro
What if you connect your phone and it does not even show up as the bulk driver in device manager. I have literally bricked it to the point that only edl mode shows up. Can anyone please show me the light?

While booting up the phone hold I believe volume up and plug it in while doing that it should just remain on a black screen after that open msmtool and see if it's connected if it is then do what you would normally do for msmtool. It took me a couple of tries to get it to recognize with this phone compared to my 6T

djohnson1618

Jun 28, 2009
New York
So My One Plus One 7t Pro Mclaren edition (TMO) is bricked beyond belief. It only reboots into Fastboot mode. From CMD when ADB devices command is typed in it says no devices found. When I look in device manager when connected it says Android Bootloader Interface it does not show any of the drivers to update. I tried using MSM. My phone does not make a connection. Can anyone offer any assistance to help me get this phone back and working? Or am I just stuck with an expensive paperweight.

So My One Plus One 7t Pro Mclaren edition (TMO) is bricked beyond belief. It only reboots into Fastboot mode. From CMD when ADB devices command is typed in it says no devices found. When I look in device manager when connected it says Android Bootloader Interface it does not show any of the drivers to update. I tried using MSM. My phone does not make a connection. Can anyone offer any assistance to help me get this phone back and working? Or am I just stuck with an expensive paperweight.

As said in the OP, you need to turn your device off and enter in Qualcomm EDL mode.
Maintain power button until your device screen goes off, wait 20 seconds, maintain volume up and down keys, plug your device to your computer using OnePlus original cable and use MSM tool.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to the previous threads for
    OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T, OP6, OP6T, OP7, OP7PRO, regular OP7T, T-Mobile OP7T and regular OP7TPRO here are the EDL packages (also known as MSM tools or unbrick tools) that can revive a bricked OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren bought from T-Mobile.
    They can also be used to rollback your phone to a previous release of OOS if for some reason you want to go back to an older firmware :)

It will only work with 5G T-Mobile variant HD1925

You can download the following versions:

ANDROID 10:

ANDROID 11:

11.0.1.5 HD61CB

Mirror for first and last MSMs: https://onepluscommunityserver.com/

Instructions:

Launch MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe.

Specific to 10.0.27 and up

On the login prompt select "Other" in the dropdown menu and click on Next.
    Wait a few seconds until main window shows up.

Click on Target button and select T-MO if it hasn't been automatically.
    Power your device off.
    Maintain volume up and volume down keys to get into Qualcomm EDL mode.
    Plug your device to your computer using stock OnePlus cable.
    Click on Enum to be sure your device is detected and press Start.
    Wait ~300 seconds.
    Enjoy your brand new device.

FAQ:

Will this fix OTAs I couldn't receive after unlocking bootloader?

Yes. Mind it will however wipe all of your internal storage and relock bootloader automatically (but you shouldn't have to reapply for an unlock token if your bootloader was unlocked previously).

Does this work on Mac or on Linux?

Unfortunately no, tool is Windows only. You should need at least Windows 7.

Why is my antivirus freaking out when unzipping the archive or running the tool?

In an effort to protect reverse engineering from being done (and by extension prevent conversion process like it was done on 6T and 7Pro), OnePlus now use VM Protect V3 in their MSM tools. As this tries to detect debug environment, this is seen as malicious behaviour by some antivirus.

My device isn't detected when I click on "Enum" button

Go to device manager and make sure your phone shows up as QDLOADER 9008.
    If it shows up as QHUSB_BULK, it means Qualcomm driver wasn't installed automatically by Windows Update. Download the latest one from Microsoft website at http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d.cab (source https://www.catalog.update.microsof...updateid=8ee52ba0-bdef-4009-88cf-335a678dd67a ) and install it manually by right clicking on QHUSB_BULK and selecting "Update driver software" and "Browse my computer for driver software" to where you downloaded CAB file.

MSM tool is stuck on "Param pre-processing"

Ensure you're using the Qualcomm drivers linked above.

MSM tool is stuck on "Sahara communication failed"

Unplug your phone, get in fastboot mode, turn off phone, wait 15 secondes and get back in Qualcomm EDL mode. You can also try using a USB 2.0 port instead of a 3.0 one.

What is SMT Download mode?

Just don't try to unlock that mode, it will wipe your IMEI and your Widevine certificate if you use it.

How can I fix "SMT config not found" error?

Please refer to https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83448961&postcount=61, all credits to @Shadow12347 for finding it out.

Credits:

@omariscal1019 for getting 10.0.27 version from OnePlus
    @a63548 for getting 10.0.19 version from OnePlus
    An anonymous user for unblocking situation with OnePlus CS (they kept sending package meant for 7T T-Mobile)
    @jhofseth for decryption of 10.0.19 tool
    @xian1243 and @omariscal1019 for testing 10.0.13 version, @twinnfamous for testing 10.0.13 and 10.0.16 versions, @ntzrmtthihu777 for testing 10.0.13 , 10.0.16 and 10.0.19 versions, @DanDroidOS for testing 10.0.19 version, and @me2151 for testing 11.0.1.5 version.
    @Titokhan for being a friend and providing inspiration in writing
    @headsh0t95 for being a friend and suggesting me to request an access to upload files on AndroidFileHost now one year ago for my previous threads
    @AndroidFileHost for the hosting
    OnePlus for the device and OS
    Added OOS 10.0.42 MSM tool.
    It's real and was tested extensively. We also used them to complete our reserve.img collection.
    Added OOS 10.0.41 MSM tool.
    Added OOS 10.0.34 MSM