FORUMS

T-Mobile 7T Pro 5G McLaren bootloader unlock without SIM unlock/OnePlus unlock token!

139 posts
Thanks Meter: 67
 
By Superboy58, Senior Member on 27th August 2020, 11:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here is a patched MSM download tool for TMobile OP7T Pro 5G McLaren.
It will bypass the need to sim unlock before unlocking the bootloader, and will also bypass the need of an unlock token file from OnePlus (hence skip the wait period of 1 week to get the privilege to unlock). It will NOT sim unlock the phone.

1) Download the patched MSM download tool: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6r6vnf...unlock.7z/file
EDIT: 10.0.39 version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vdphi4...0.0.39.7z/file

2) Run the tool, select "other" in "Login type", click Next, connect your phone in EDL mode, ensure the "sha256 check" is NOT checked, select "TMO" in the Target dropdown, click the Start button and wait until it's completed.

3) The phone will show a red warning saying "device is corrupt", just ignore that and wait some time. It will fallback in fastboot because it's not able to boot. Update your fastboot executable, otherwise fastboot might not recognise the following command. Download it here: https://dl.google.com/android/reposi...st-windows.zip. Now run the following fastboot command, and follow the instructions on the screen of the phone:
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
4) Bootloader is now unlocked.

5) If you want to be able to boot, you'll probably need to flash again the boot.img of the rom. Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/37rl13.../boot.img/file
EDIT: 10.0.39 boot.img : http://www.mediafire.com/file/tt6c58...0.0.39.7z/file
And run the command:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
6) Run "fastboot reboot".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Superboy58 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Superboy58 Ad-Free
27th August 2020, 11:58 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Clermont-Ferrand
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
Thread re opened by moderators.
The placeholder for the link has now been replaced by the actual link to download the tool.
28th August 2020, 03:38 AM |#3  
inneyeseakay's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 301
 
More
Could you use this tool to flash mclaren 7t pro Global to tmo version? Even if it means giving up 5g?
28th August 2020, 05:14 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
So with this you would not need to contact TMobile to permanent unlock and the OEM unlock the phone? And you would also not need to get the unlock code from OnePlus for the bootloader?
28th August 2020, 09:12 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Clermont-Ferrand
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inneyeseakay

Could you use this tool to flash mclaren 7t pro Global to tmo version? Even if it means giving up 5g?

It doesn't work like that.
And this thread is not about converting the phone to international.
28th August 2020, 09:14 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Clermont-Ferrand
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t436h05t

So with this you would not need to contact TMobile to permanent unlock and the OEM unlock the phone? And you would also not need to get the unlock code from OnePlus for the bootloader?

Yes and yes, that is explained in the first post.
28th August 2020, 05:09 PM |#7  
noobiedev83's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superboy58

Yes and yes, that is explained in the first post.

when I open the tool is asking for account and password. how do I get that information?
28th August 2020, 05:19 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Clermont-Ferrand
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobiedev83

when I open the tool is asking for account and password. how do I get that information?

Just click on Login type and select "Other" in the dropdown.
The tool will open without credentials.
28th August 2020, 05:42 PM |#9  
noobiedev83's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superboy58

Just click on Login type and select "Other" in the dropdown.
The tool will open without credentials.

ok so I did it but im stuck in fastboot and the phone wont reboot to the os, any ideas?

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

in fastboot mode under bootloader version I dont have anything in there and on Baseband either is blank. is that normal?
28th August 2020, 05:49 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Clermont-Ferrand
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobiedev83

ok so I did it but im stuck in fastboot and the phone wont reboot to the os, any ideas?

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

in fastboot mode under bootloader version I dont have anything in there and on Baseband either is blank. is that normal?

Install a ROM to be able to boot
28th August 2020, 05:52 PM |#11  
noobiedev83's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superboy58

Install a ROM to be able to boot

how can you please help that im stuck in Fastboot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, conversion, msm download tool, tmobile, unlock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes