FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[10.0.3] Patched boot image for OnePlus 7T Pro

106 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By HolyChickenGuy, Senior Member on 19th October 2019, 01:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
First of all HUGE thanks and credits to ktp1976 & Udzi for helping me figure this out

Now here is how to root your very own OnePlus 7T Pro!
*made sure your bootloader is unlocked!
(Warning: Unlocking your bootloader will wipe your data)

1. Download the patched boot.img

2. Boot into the bootloader

3. Type: fastboot boot pathtomagisk_patched.img

4. Once booted into the phone open the magisk manager app (if not installed manually install it)

5. Go to Magisk's settings and make sure your Update Channel is set to Stable

6. Click the advanced button and made sure preserve force encryption & preserve avb 2.0/dm-verity are turned ON

7. Install Magisk and select Direct Install!

AND DONE!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to HolyChickenGuy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HolyChickenGuy Ad-Free
19th October 2019, 01:53 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Now I have something so do for the weekend, thanks

Just a question, have you tried Viper4Android (if your use it)?
19th October 2019, 01:58 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi,

tryed it out.. When i boot your patched image.. there is no install button in magisk. It tolds me that i am already on the newest version.

Second.. WLAN isnt working any more. Cant enable wlan. When i reboot with stock img. everything is fine.
19th October 2019, 02:12 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukynuky

hi,

tryed it out.. When i boot your patched image.. there is no install button in magisk. It tolds me that i am already on the newest version.

Second.. WLAN isnt working any more. Cant enable wlan. When i reboot with stock img. everything is fine.

Yes it says its installed thats correct but you need to install it again in the magisk app so it stays after restarting the phone. I don't know about WLAN tho
19th October 2019, 02:15 PM |#5  

More
Can you turn on Wifi ?
When i turn it on. It is disabled at the end.
There are similar problems in the 7t forums. Seems a problem with the used magisk version for the boot image.. did you use the canary magisk files ?

and yes.. I know why i need to install. But the linked version of magisk says only.. uninstall..

Edit: i have a european version of the oneplus 7t pro .. and can you provide the original boot image.
19th October 2019, 02:40 PM |#6  

More
I can confirm I have successfully rooted using this method, and WIFI is working fine. Thank you very much, OP and everyone involved, no wits time to set up my device
The Following User Says Thank You to Lossyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lossyx Ad-Free
19th October 2019, 02:50 PM |#7  

More
Ah! Will do this immediately when I get home.
19th October 2019, 02:55 PM |#8  

More
I tried magisk and now it loops to fastboot, does anyone know to recover from this? Does the msm tool for OP7T Pro?

edit: flashed the original boot img and boots fine, whever i try to boot magisk patched it bootlops because faulty drivers
to clear up, i tried installing viper4android driver directly from the app, so i guess theres residue left
19th October 2019, 03:03 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lossyx

I tried magisk and now it loops to fastboot, does anyone know to recover from this? Does the msm tool for OP7T Pro?

did you install modules ? try booting the patched boot image from here and then, uninstall the modules again...
19th October 2019, 03:08 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Works like a charm!

Minor thing you may want to clarify (I know you know, but to prevent confusion for readers), you give a warning that this will wipe all data, but that is not exactly true. Unlocking the bootloader wipes all data, but that step is not part of your instructions. Just following your steps on an already unlocked phone does not wipe the phone.

Thanks to everyone who made this possible so soon!
19th October 2019, 03:17 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukynuky

did you install modules ? try booting the patched boot image from here and then, uninstall the modules again...

please see my edited reply, i installed directry through viper4android app, no the module
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
7t pro, boot, img, patched, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)