Screen on time

Search This thread

flither

Dec 12, 2013
It might be possible. I use my second work phone (Samsung) only for calls no internet. And it lasts around 2weeks. I think if I didn't call anyone, it would last for 30 days standby.
I'm not used to such good standby, but enough off-topic, there's separate thread for standby drain. I'm gonna post there, sorry

flither

Dec 12, 2013
That's what AccuBattery says for the last 7 days average, my usage is 50% of 480p - 720p Youtube on 4G (internet is quite expensive for me, so I use lower quality) , 30% of 4G browsing, 20% of everything else (some easy games, little calls, 1080p offline movies from time to time and some camera). Mostly at 40% manual brightness, dark themes, the rest is as in my previous post.
This SOT is crazy for me, and it's still slowly going up (from 12 to 15 hours screen on time after 1 month), no custom ROM.
How's your browsing/YouTube battery life on OP 7t Pro?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200203-221742-540x1170.jpg
    Screenshot_20200203-221742-540x1170.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 820
Last edited:
Reactions: lendawg

lendawg

Dec 31, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
That's what AccuBattery says for the last 7 days average, my usage is 50% of 480p - 720p Youtube on 4G (internet is quite expensive for me, so I use lower quality) , 30% of 4G browsing, 20% of everything else (some easy games, little calls, 1080p offline movies from time to time and some camera). Mostly at 40% manual brightness, dark themes, the rest is as in my previous post.
This SOT is crazy for me, and it's still slowly going up (from 12 to 15 hours screen on time after 1 month), no custom ROM.
How's your browsing/YouTube battery life on OP 7t Pro?
And you don't even charge to 100%???

flither

Dec 12, 2013
And you don't even charge to 100%???
No, I don't. This is just an estimation for how long battery would last if I charged it to 100%, I make quick charges 30-70% only, which sometimes lasts me 2 days with 5 hours SOT (70-30).
I was just curious if anyone here gets such estimates from mainly web browsing etc., and if anyone's noticing improving battery life. I didn't do anything special, stock rom no root and lower resolution/refresh rate

lendawg

Dec 31, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
No, I don't. This is just an estimation for how long battery would last if I charged it to 100%, I make quick charges 30-70% only, which sometimes lasts me 2 days with 5 hours SOT (70-30).
I was just curious if anyone here gets such estimates from mainly web browsing etc., and if anyone's noticing improving battery life. I didn't do anything special, stock rom no root and lower resolution/refresh rate
I just dropped my refresh rate and resolution to see how much of a difference it could make even though battery is not bad. The results are pretty much instant with screen on time. I'm going to keep these settings for a few days to see how much better the battery can do.

Reactions: flither

lendawg

Dec 31, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Here's my latest results with fhd and 60hz. 3 more hours since charge and 10 percent more battery left then my last post. I could for sure get a little over 8 hours sot if I let it go down to 1 percent. This phone is a beast on battery! I also just posted my results in the new McLaren forum. Everyone with the McLaren should start posting there as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200206-190531.jpg
    Screenshot_20200206-190531.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 1,167
  • Screenshot_20200206-190543.jpg
    Screenshot_20200206-190543.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 1,156
Last edited:
Reactions: flither

navneeth._.p

Jun 8, 2020
Bangalore
yelp!

I bought a new OP 7T pro 4 days ago.
On the first day with QHD and 90Hz I got a SOT of 4hrs and the 2nd day after a full charge I kept it at FHD+90Hz and got a SOT of 5.5 hours and the 3rd day with the same config I got 6 hrs. today again with FHD+90Hz I am getting around 5hrs of SOT. And on the first day after setting it up it was heating up a bit...but didn't heat or get warm again after that.
I live in a low reception area with 2 SIMS and use WiFI, I don't game and my usage is normal...youtube, prime and Netflix, some calls and social media
Is this SOT normal?? Or is the battery-drain a bit too much? Should I replace the unit?https://imgur.com/a/Ey86SJM

Last edited:

flither

Dec 12, 2013
Is this real? no way you get 16 hours..
If he charges from 20% to 80% then battery stats don't reset and accumulate (you need to charge to at least 90% to reset counters).
I've got 10 days and 13 hours now :D
But I have to say charging to 70-80% (from cold phone) works good for me - after 10 months battery is at 94% health (from 96% when new).

Last edited:

hitesh.pande

Oct 12, 2013
Hello, I think u need to go to battery optimization in settings and optimise all the apps which u don't use frequently and keep the other ones to intelligent mode. Also enable sleep.mode

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Think i wont be able to ever use another phone :D arter kernel, debloatet, f2fs. Black Theme. Everything smooth as butter and fast. Mix 70% wlan and 30% mobile data lte
    Wouldn't a OnePlus 7T give you the same experience with less money? Or even the OP7?

And no, I don't use my phones to impress my friends. I went from the Note 10+ to the 7T Pro just because of the amazing 90hz panel. Battery life isn't really a big deal when you still have to charge every day or every other day. I really can't see how let's say 8h SoT with a restricted (still expensive) phone is better than 6h SoT fully unrestricted phone is.

If the panel quality isn't a big deal then sure, go ahead. But who buys a flagship phone if they don't care about panel quality?
    I got over 8 hours sot without restricting anything but 5g that's why I posted the screen shots. To me 8 hours over a 24 hour period is excellent battery life.
    @Pag0n
    I bought this phone mainly for the notchless display and speed. Also for color reproduction as I like to watch movies, this phone is perfect for movies (i know it's not TV).
    I just couldn't see real advantages in keeping 1440p and 90Hz on a daily basis, and I love how I can put the phone on charge for 20 mins before unexpected going out and forget about charging for 2 days. Especially when going for longer fishing trips.
    If I really need this max settings I can switch them on in few seconds, they're still there.
    I reported my battery life here, so users can know that this phone is capable of getting very good battery times if they need it, without cutting out much functionality and without rooting
    Fourth day with the op7t pro and I've noticed that the screen on time is even worse than on my 3 years old OnePlus 3...

I'm getting 3 to 4 hours of screen on time in normal usage. Google, social media and Netflix/YouTube.

If I start playing games the sot drops below 3 hours

I'll send it back and buy another smartphone. It's not acceptable to have 3 hours of sot for a brand new flagship
    Fourth day with the op7t pro and I've noticed that the screen on time is even worse than on my 3 years old OnePlus 3...

I'm getting 3 to 4 hours of screen on time in normal usage. Google, social media and Netflix/YouTube.

If I start playing games the sot drops below 3 hours

I'll send it back and buy another smartphone. It's not acceptable to have 3 hours of sot for a brand new flagship

I have a 6-8 SOT usually (90hz and automatic resolution). Give it some days to stabilize. Battery on first days was bad. Now it's amazing