FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to install Internal Android 10 Build for Nokia 9 PureView

363 posts
Thanks Meter: 568

Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:

If you want to repost this internal OTA to other websites (other than XDA itself), please ask me for permission, thanks.

Quote:

WARNING!
This is early internal test build that close to release. Even though it's pretty close to stable, but still, please be careful when testing!

To users who have installed this internal build, please share your experience report here if you're willing to, thanks.

Now I think Android 10 for Nokia 9 is stable enough and will be released to public soon, so I think it's time to post it here.
If HMD will push Android 10 officially, you can install it under ADB sideload easily and link will be posted here.

Internal build version: AOP-513B-0-00WW-B01
It will be updated from: AOP-427F-0-00WW-B01, which is released October 2019 Security Update.

Let me tell you how to verify:
1. Dial *#*#227#*#* to check current Version. If older than AOP-427F-0-00WW-B01, update to 427F before proceed.
FYI, 427F is October 2019 Security Update.

Alternately, you can use command "fastboot oem getversions" under fastboot mode / Download mode to check current firmware version.

2. Install AOP-513A-0-00WW-B01-427F-0-00WW-B01-update.zip with adb sideload under recovery.

3. Reboot to normal OS and recovery again - it's not over yet.

4. Install AOP-513B-0-00WW-B01-513A-0-00WW-B01-update.zip with adb sideload under recovery.

5. Reboot your phone.

That's it.
If Android 10 official update pushed publicly, link will be updated here.
To root the phone, you may want to use Magisk 20 released October 12th, 2019 or newer. I've uploaded stock boot image here if you have unlocked bootloader. There's no "Flashing is not rooted for fused device" issue under 5xxx build.

You can check overall experiences here (prototype, though): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6ScYgISGFg

Download link:

To prevent throttle error, I didn't upload them to Google Drive or other cloud storages. Sorry for inconvenience.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=300249
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hikari_calyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hikari_calyx Ad-Free
2nd November 2019, 10:38 PM |#2  
Flag Peterborough, ON
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Just installed on my Nokia 9 TA-1087, works perfectly. No bugs found so far. So far so good. Animations really smooth, camera launch is significantly faster than Android 9. The dark mode is not fully dark but that was expected. Overall excellent experience. Definitely worth the update.
3rd November 2019, 04:46 PM |#3  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Any tutorial for hpw to do that? And if something goes wrong how to flash stock pie again? Thnx
4th November 2019, 07:54 PM |#4  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Ok done. Flashed... All working very well without bugs.
Battery life seems better on 10. There is no night mode on camera i hope add it to next updates...
5th November 2019, 02:40 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
can we use it in TA-1087?
5th November 2019, 05:00 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
427F全量包下载地址麻烦提供下,感谢啦
5th November 2019, 10:30 PM |#7  

More
and the most serious.. do. we need to unlock bootloader?

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk
6th November 2019, 07:36 PM |#8  
Flag Kherson
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlk21

and the most serious.. do. we need to unlock bootloader?

No need to unlock bootloader or root
6th November 2019, 07:36 PM |#9  

More
and when we want to go back to stable channel? what happens?

6th November 2019, 09:01 PM |#10  
Flag Staffordshire
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Google pay works but can't add new cards as it says it's been rooted or altered in some way. I know it's not rooted but will we not get the proper update now as a result of doing this?
7th November 2019, 03:36 AM |#11  
On my Android powered mobile ;)
Thanks Meter: 168

More
I installed the internal build 10 update on my TA-1082 (US) last night (about 20 hours ago) and it's been working/behaving extremely stable.
Feels noticeably faster than 9.
Thanks to OP for making it available
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)