FORUMS

Overall love

808 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,149
 
By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 27th March 2020, 09:03 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the Huawei P40 Pro+, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the Huawei P40 Pro+ is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
25th June 2020, 07:02 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
I've used both the P40 pro and P40 pro+ at the same time.

They're identical in build and even though the + models are backed in Ceramic rather than Glass, you can't distinguish between them unless you get the white ceramic. Black ceramic is identical to the black glass finish.

The only other differences are the internal memory size and the camera setup.
9th July 2020, 02:12 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
I'm not even sure yet if the plus' camera setup and double storage is worth the extra £500.
12th August 2020, 08:13 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Looking back, I'm not sure what got into me when I bought the P40 Pro+, although there are some great things about it.

The cameras are excellent, and I'd rate them way higher than Apple's offerings. The overall feel is nice, and the ceramic back is worthy of a flagship. Overall, the hardware is where this phone shines.

On the software side, I don't even care about the lack of Google stuff so much, m apart from access to the Play Store, which does make life more difficult and less secure. What really gets me, though, is just that: security issues. I've never owned a phone that is so greedy with permissions and sending data to servers all over the globe. I installed a firewall and haven't dared use the phone as my daily device since.

If anyone wants more info on this, I'll be happy to share.
12th August 2020, 05:08 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Newcastle, UK
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mddt88

Looking back, I'm not sure what got into me when I bought the P40 Pro+, although there are some great things about it.

The cameras are excellent, and I'd rate them way higher than Apple's offerings. The overall feel is nice, and the ceramic back is worthy of a flagship. Overall, the hardware is where this phone shines.

On the software side, I don't even care about the lack of Google stuff so much, m apart from access to the Play Store, which does make life more difficult and less secure. What really gets me, though, is just that: security issues. I've never owned a phone that is so greedy with permissions and sending data to servers all over the globe. I installed a firewall and haven't dared use the phone as my daily device since.

If anyone wants more info on this, I'll be happy to share.

ive got the p40 pro and was thinking of upgrading to the plus for the extra spec in camera ,storage and performance. after everything started kicking off in the US and UK i did my research and found that they have a certification in data security (CSA Star i think), plus the guy in my local Store told me about the 4 different checks they do on the AppGallery apps i just tend to now watch the apps i download.

here are the links i found:

https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/star/registry/huawei-software-technologies/


https://consumer.huawei.com/en/press...-and-security/
The Following User Says Thank You to J.H.Tech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J.H.Tech Ad-Free
13th August 2020, 01:36 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.H.Tech

ive got the p40 pro and was thinking of upgrading to the plus for the extra spec in camera ,storage and performance. after everything started kicking off in the US and UK i did my research and found that they have a certification in data security (CSA Star i think), plus the guy in my local Store told me about the 4 different checks they do on the AppGallery apps i just tend to now watch the apps i download.

here are the links i found:


Thanks for the links! I'm not so worried about the apps so much as just the amount of data trying to leave my phone to a variety of IP addresses. Might be an Android thing, though - I've been in the Apple ecosystem since the Galaxy S3 so I'm readjusting. The Pro+ really ticks a lot of boxes for me, now I've just got to secure it properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to mddt88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mddt88 Ad-Free
1st September 2020, 11:45 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
The Huawei P40 series adopts a new design that combines technology and fashion. The four-curved overflow screen looks full of tension, as if the edge of the fluid is full without overflow, and the visual perception is very good. The Huawei P40 series also uses a huge streamlined R angle to bring Better grip and excellent aesthetic form.
14th September 2020, 07:04 AM |#8  
winol's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 658
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mddt88

Thanks for the links! I'm not so worried about the apps so much as just the amount of data trying to leave my phone to a variety of IP addresses. Might be an Android thing, though - I've been in the Apple ecosystem since the Galaxy S3 so I'm readjusting. The Pro+ really ticks a lot of boxes for me, now I've just got to secure it properly.

Most chinese devices, if not all, send huge ammounts of data, even if let untouched the whole day, if you install a firewall like adguard, you can see the insane number of connections to a very huge list of ip, some recognizable, others not so, the problem, apart from the privacy, is the data charges in the monthly bill, this behaviour is a curse for users of chinese devices, not to mention the embedded ads some brands unashamedly put in their firmwares, but, in the end, who wants/likes/desires the chinese way of things, well… there it is
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes