FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][MI9] TWRP 3.3.1-7 by siankatabg

1,611 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,709

By siankatabg, Recognized Developer on 29th May 2019, 07:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Yet another TWRP for MI9 (:

TWRP compiled from the latest omnirom 9.0 branch with decryption and opengapps support!

* During the testing "treble compatibility check" was disabled for supporting flashing the MIUI Global ROM, GSI's were also tested along with opengapps (you still need to manually flash vbmeta and resize the system partition).

Please give me your feedback, as I can't test all the things out there!

As always: Use on your own risk, nothing here is guaranteed to work!

Works:
- ADB
- Decryption of /data (TESTED ONLY WITH PATTERN)
- Screen brightness settings
- Correct screenshot color
- MTP
- Flashing (opengapps, roms, images, magisk and so on)
- Backup/Restore (Needs more testing)
- USB-OTG

TO-DO:
- Vibration support

Changelog:
v1:
* Initial release

v2:
* TWRP will now auto resize the system partition when it detects you're trying to flash opengapps
* Assert error issue flashing some roms (ie - error 7 : This package is for "cepheus" devices, this is a "") should be fixed now (NOT TESTED - so please let me know)

v3:
* Assert error issue flashing some roms (ie RevolutionOS - error 7 : This package is for "cepheus" devices, this is a "") should be fixed now

v4:
* Fixed USB-OTG

v5 (Third try, but this time I'm 100% sure it works as I flashed it):
* Assert error issue flashing some roms (ie RevolutionOS - error 7 : This package is for "cepheus" devices, this is a "") should be fixed now

v6:
* TWRP should now detect any gapps package and auto resize the system partition (opengapps, mindthegapps and so on...)

v7:
* Back to busybox for better compatibility with some old zips

Download:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=294801

Source code:
https://github.com/siankatabg/androi...i_cepheus-twrp

Credits:
The hard work did - @mauronofrio and @PeterCxy , so thanks to them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-29-11-19-14.png
Views:	3884
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	4767978  
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to siankatabg For This Useful Post: [ View ]

29th May 2019, 07:10 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Just in case (:
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to siankatabg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2019, 07:23 PM |#3  
Flag Osnabrück
Thanks Meter: 451

Donate to Me
More
Thanks! Will try it.

Edit: decryption is working great! (Pattern)
ROS 9.5.29
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-29-13-26-10.png
Views:	1964
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	4767990  
The Following User Says Thank You to Kollachi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kollachi Ad-Free
29th May 2019, 08:30 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by siankatabg

Yet another TWRP for MI9 (:

TWRP compiled from the latest omnirom 9.0 branch with decryption and opengapps support!

* During the testing "treble compatibility check" was disabled for supporting flashing the MIUI Global ROM, GSI's were also tested along with opengapps (you still need to manually flash vbmeta and resize the system partition).

Please give me your feedback, as I can't test all the things out there!

As always: Use on your own risk, nothing here is guaranteed to work!

Works:
- ADB
- Decryption of /data (TESTED ONLY WITH PATTERN)
- Screen brightness settings
- Correct screenshot color
- MTP
- Flashing (opengapps, roms, images, magisk and so on)
- Backup/Restore (Needs more testing)

TO-DO:
- Vibration support
- USB OTG (? can't test it)

Download:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=294801

Source code:
Will be available tomorrow (My internet is too poor to upload it right now, sorry (for the mods: miui prebuilt kernel was used))

Credits:
The hard work did - @mauronofrio and @PeterCxy , so thanks to them

Thanks for the mention and credit, i'm waiting the device tree to check what was bad in the mine one, i think i was really near to a fully working twrp
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mauronofrio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mauronofrio Ad-Free
29th May 2019, 08:44 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
happy new TWRP! No OTG, no encryption (password on GSI). Mindthegapps installed fine after resize.
The Following User Says Thank You to doggydog2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift doggydog2 Ad-Free
29th May 2019, 10:45 PM |#6  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 380

More
One more talent coming to MI 9, thanks very much for this, will try as soon as I can, cheers
30th May 2019, 12:02 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Sian here wow! Thanks.
30th May 2019, 04:43 AM |#8  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 398

More
Thank you! good:
30th May 2019, 07:53 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I dont know why but mine still get encrypted using global dev 9.5.16 as base aosip gsi
30th May 2019, 08:05 AM |#10  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauronofrio

Thanks for the mention and credit, i'm waiting the device tree to check what was bad in the mine one, i think i was really near to a fully working twrp

Hey.

Of course I'll mention you, you did the hard work and afaik your work was the only public available one, so thank you!

I see you already found (unpacked my image?) the small things needed and made it work on your end, but yeah, you was really near (:

However, the source code is up and I'm sorry for the delay!

Have fun guys (:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to siankatabg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2019, 08:16 AM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by siankatabg

Hey.

Of course I'll mention you, you did the hard work and afaik your work was the only public available one, so thank you!

I see you already found (unpacked my image?) the small things needed and made it work on your end, but yeah, you was really near (:

However, the source code is up and I'm sorry for the delay!

Have fun guys (:

I already have some things unmerged on my pc, but what did the tricks is the vendor.gatekeeper.disable-spu that it's something new on this sm8150. I already saw in in the stock kernel and when you pubblished the twrp i checked it was here already, so adding it all works. I will add you and peter to credits, when i will be from a pc. Thanks for the source in all cases
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mauronofrio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mauronofrio Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mi9, miui, mod, twrp, xiaomi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)