My experience with Miui roms, i think everything is fine and acceptable, except for the Auto Brightness! The screen goes very dark in low lights, and ridiculously bright in not-so-bright lights that makes my eyes sore. I never used the auto brightness before. But after I found this mod, then I can using this great feature in miui again. If you experience the same thing, then try this magisk module!
So what this module do? It adds framework-res to the /system/media/theme/default. With a magisk module you can do it systemlessly! To install it, just download the module then browse it in Magisk Manager.
If you dont like my setting values, just unzip my module, find framework-res file, unzip it, then edit the theme_values.xml to any values you want under "config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues", then zip all back
To test if this module works, tap the Kernel Version in About Phone 5 times, then you will enter CIT. Go to num 21 light sensor. Cover your upper phone with your hands till the light sensor DAC reach 0. If the backlight is not going under 100 (or 80), then this module works! My module limits the minimal auto brightness, which the original can reach to 20 which is ridiculously very dark.
Remember, this mod only works on MIUI-based roms with android pie! Tested working on official MIUI, Xiaomi.eu, Revolution OS.
The download links in attachment.
1. Legacy method, using framework-res file. Less compatibilty but safer to update rom and easier to costumize.
V1 : Initial release.
V2: Lower brightness in medium light.
V2.1: A bit adjustment to lower brightness in low light.
V3: Lower brightness in bright light. Brightness steps added to make it smoother.
V3.1: A bit adjustment to lower brightness in very low light. Lowest backlight value is now 80.
V4: More responsive to light changes. Lower brightness in low light to compensate new lowest 80 value.
2. Alternative method, using modified system overlay apk file. Use this if legacy method doesn't work. Still in testing wheter can survive after rom update.
V3b: take values from v3
V3.1b: take values from v3.1
V4b: take values from v4
- DON'T activate DC anti flickering mode, it ruins the light sensor to become unresponsive
- All version have the same lowest backlight value (100), except v3.1 and v4 (80).
- Less bright = better battery life plus reducing risk of amoled burn-in.
- Editing the values can cause a mess. Add .disable_magisk file in cache partition if your phone cant boot then uninstall the module in manager.