FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][ROOT] Overclock your screen to 84HZ

213 posts
Thanks Meter: 98

By G4B33, Senior Member on 22nd June 2019, 06:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Use it at your own risk! It is unknown if it causes any damage to the screen yet. I'm currently testing it on xiaomi.eu 9.6.13, it should work in any MIUI or non MIUI based ROMs.

-Download the attached dbto.img, Lanthanum System Toolbox.apk file, install the apk, then open it
-Select partition settings from the hamburger menu
-Select dtbo, make a backup of it (Export image)
-Select dtbo again, click flash image, and choose the dtbo.img file
-Reboot

You should see the changes immediately after the restart. It's way smoother than before.

If you want to go back to default, flash your backed up dtbo image file.

Source: https://www.miui.com/thread-24921430-1-1.html
Credits goes to the original thread creator.
Attached Files
File Type: img dtbo.img - [Click for QR Code] (2.46 MB, 5470 views)
File Type: apk Lanthanum System Toolbox.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.48 MB, 4446 views)
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to G4B33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift G4B33 Ad-Free

22nd June 2019, 06:25 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98

More
I'm currently using this mod, I'm gonna report back if I found anything unusual. Feel free if you have any questions.

Edit: The screen has a greenish tint in the dark gray colors, if the brightness is set to low.

Edit2: After using for 2 days, I couldn't find any problems, no screen burnin, or anything so far, only the greenish tint on darker areas. Some users are reporting that they don't have this tint at all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G4B33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift G4B33 Ad-Free
22nd June 2019, 07:11 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G4B33

Use it at your own risk! It is unknown if it causes any damage to the screen yet. I'm currently testing it on xiaomi.eu 9.6.13, it should work in any MIUI based ROMs.

-Download the attached dbto.img, Lanthanum System Toolbox.apk file, install the apk, then open it
-Select partition settings from the hamburger menu
-Select dtbo, make a backup of it (Export image)
-Select dtbo again, click flash image, and choose the dtbo.img file
-Reboot

You should see the changes immediately after the restart. It's way smoother than before.

If you want to go back to default, flash your backed up dtbo image file.

I found this mod here: https://www.miui.com/thread-24921430-1-1.html
Many people from that forum using it for 3-4 days, and they didn't report any damage to the screen.

All credits go to the MIUI forum thread creator.

It works, animations fcking smooth
22nd June 2019, 07:38 PM |#4  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 394

More
Wow, it feels much smoother I have a fear of damaging the screen so after 2 mins i set it back
22nd June 2019, 07:42 PM |#5  
Flag Jeddah
Thanks Meter: 318

Donate to Me
More
Working smooth on PIXEL EXPERIENCE !!!!
Well well well.... One plus 7pro doesn't fancy anymore

TapaTalked from my VANTABLACK MI 9
22nd June 2019, 07:56 PM |#6  
Flag Osnabrück
Thanks Meter: 399

Donate to Me
More
And in 2 weeks we will have another thread in wrong section with a junior member crying because of broken phone lol...
The Following User Says Thank You to Kollachi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kollachi Ad-Free
22nd June 2019, 08:21 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I have a EEA mi 9 with latest xiaomi.eu dev and the application crash when I try to flash the .img file.
22nd June 2019, 08:43 PM |#8  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr4gony0shi

I have a EEA mi 9 with latest xiaomi.eu dev and the application crash when I try to flash the .img file.

I found that this may be caused by the file manager u use. I'm on Pixel Experience and using the default file manager made it crash. But when I used Xiaomi file manager, it worked.

But besides, wow, this smoothness is amazing. Works just great in Pixel Experience ROM 😉

Sent from my Xiaomi MI 9 using XDA Labs
22nd June 2019, 09:36 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Yeah very smooth, but i have an little bit worry xD
22nd June 2019, 10:36 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
what is the model name of the panel used in the mi 9? Maybe at the vendor page we can find out if it's officially designed to run with 84 hz.
Awesome work so far!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dada124 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dada124 Ad-Free
22nd June 2019, 10:56 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Works fine! Its amazing. Works in miglobe...

Thanks a lot!!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)