FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to Remove/Replace Kingroot (KingUser) with SuperSu

198 posts
Thanks Meter: 74

Post Reply Email Thread
If you was one of those who root their devices by using KingRoot App and would like to remove kinguser and related files, you can replace it with the well known SuperSU.
Here's a small script to remove Chinese kingruser, all related files and folders, and install SuperSU.
This script will do all the work for you without using PC, just by terminal, first of all, thanks to chainfire for his SuperSU files.

Before starting :
Download and install Terminal emulator appTerminal emulator app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roidterm&hl=en

Download and unzip "Replace_Kingroot_With_SuperSU.zip
http://tiny.cc/fo78zx

Steps :
Send the extracted folder "mrw" to the internal storage of your device and make sure that this folder contains 4 files

Open Terminal emulator and type :
"Su" (without "")

Allow root permission
Type :
" sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh" (without "" , notice there's space between sh /sdcard.)
It might display some error, but wait for 30-40 seconds and at the end it will launch supersu or open supersu manually.
Update su binary normal, then reboot.
Done !
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Sahilsinghlodhi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sahilsinghlodhi Ad-Free

25th May 2016, 03:29 PM |#2  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I ran the script and it went thru to installing Super Su but I lost root and couldn't update binaries. I redownloaded King Root and opened it and I instantly had root back. Are there other files that King Root has installed that don't allow this script to work. If you have any insight it wouldbe appreciated. I know I am on a different phone but script seems to work up to a point. ZTE Z820 Android 5.1 Thanks
28th May 2016, 11:43 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I can confirm this method works on Lenovo Vibe X2 running Android 5.0. New Kingroot 4.5, the one with crown icon, successfully replaced by SuperSU while root status remain intact. A process crashed upon Kingroot removal, however restart seemed to get rid of the problem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peacekeeper888 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Peacekeeper888 Ad-Free
28th May 2016, 12:28 PM |#4  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper888

I can confirm this method works on Lenovo Vibe X2 running Android 5.0. New Kingroot 4.5, the one with crown icon, successfully replaced by SuperSU while root status remain intact. A process crashed upon Kingroot removal, however restart seemed to get rid of the problem.

May I ask did you have busybox already downloaded and installed? I see that the zip contains busybox as one of the actions of the script. Maybe that's why it didn't work for me?? Also I have Kingroot 4.9.2 and I'm thinking that is the main reason the script fails for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jsmor1313 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jsmor1313 Ad-Free
31st May 2016, 09:36 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmor1313

May I ask did you have busybox already downloaded and installed? I see that the zip contains busybox as one of the actions of the script. Maybe that's why it didn't work for me?? Also I have Kingroot 4.9.2 and I'm thinking that is the main reason the script fails for me.

I had KingRoot v.4.85, on a KitKat 4.4.
The script didn't work, so I plug the phone and connected to the computer, opened a console, executed the adb shell command and start to give each of the script commands manually one by one.
The failure was at pm uninstall com.kingroot.kinguser (com.kingroot.RushRoot wasn't installed anyway).
The packet manager wasn't able to uninstall Kingroot. I had to uninstall manually using the phone
Code:
H:\Development\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20140702\sdk\platform-tools>adb shell
[email protected]_z10:/ $ su
[email protected]_z10:/ # mount -o rw,remount /system
[email protected]_z10:/ # am kill com.kingroot.RushRoot
[email protected]_z10:/ # pm uninstall com.kingroot.RushRoot
Failure
[email protected]_z10:/ # am kill com.kingroot.kinguser
[email protected]_z10:/ # pm uninstall com.kingroot.kinguser
Failure
In the end the replacement was successful
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to halnovemila For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift halnovemila Ad-Free
1st June 2016, 11:59 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
details of manual uninstall
Quote:
Originally Posted by halnovemila

I had KingRoot v.4.85, on a KitKat 4.4.
The script didn't work, so I plug the phone and connected to the computer, opened a console, executed the adb shell command and start to give each of the script commands manually one by one.
The failure was at pm uninstall com.kingroot.kinguser (com.kingroot.RushRoot wasn't installed anyway).
The packet manager wasn't able to uninstall Kingroot. I had to uninstall manually using the phone

Code:
H:\Development\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20140702\sdk\platform-tools>adb shell
[email protected]_z10:/ $ su
[email protected]_z10:/ # mount -o rw,remount /system
[email protected]_z10:/ # am kill com.kingroot.RushRoot
[email protected]_z10:/ # pm uninstall com.kingroot.RushRoot
Failure
[email protected]_z10:/ # am kill com.kingroot.kinguser
[email protected]_z10:/ # pm uninstall com.kingroot.kinguser
Failure
In the end the replacement was successful

I have rooted my phone (Android 5.1) with kingroot 4.8.0, I also want to remove KingRoot and replace it with supersu.
I plan to execute the script line by line via an ssh session as root on my phone.
finally how have you uninstalled Kingroot manually ?
1st June 2016, 06:17 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabp

I have rooted my phone (Android 5.1) with kingroot 4.8.0, I also want to remove KingRoot and replace it with supersu.
I plan to execute the script line by line via an ssh session as root on my phone.
finally how have you uninstalled Kingroot manually ?

I modified the script in this way:
After
Code:
pm uninstall com.kingroot.kinguser
I've added
Code:
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.buak.Link2SD/.Link2SD
echo "Press any key to continue"
read typedkeys
The first of the three added rows launches Link2SD app (that I've installed on my phone since I rooted it); the last line pause the script execution.
I used Link2SD to uninstall Kingroot.

Anyway I have to say that, even though the installation of SuperSU seems completed without errors, the apps that asks for root permissions didn't receive the answer from SuperSU and they aren't granted root permission, so... it still doesn't work.
28th June 2016, 07:17 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
it did not work, superSU can not update binary and can not uninstall the other root app (kingroot)
18th July 2016, 03:21 AM |#9  
Flag Patna
Thanks Meter: 6

More
guys,I am telling you a working method which worked for me..

but you are going to need some version specific apps for first time..
things you need...

1. clean MICROMAX a311
2. kingoroot KingRootSetup_v3.2.0.1129 (i can upload it if you want)
3. Supersume.apk {MUST BE VERSION 6.4} (application used to change from kingroot to supersu)

note -- Pay attention to versions,messing with them will not allow you to achieve target.

steps..
1. install kingrootsetup on pc(must have internet connection to work)
2. connect ur phone with ADB enabled from developers option
3. root ur phone by following on screen instructions...
4. after rooting,install supersume on phone
5.open the app,click on big blue button and wait...

done,replaced kingroot with supersu..
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected]_Rocker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected]_Rocker Ad-Free
25th July 2016, 10:08 PM |#10  
Flag Workington, Cumbria
Thanks Meter: 197

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]_Rocker

guys,I am telling you a working method which worked for me..

but you are going to need some version specific apps for first time..
things you need...

1. clean MICROMAX a311
2. kingoroot KingRootSetup_v3.2.0.1129 (i can upload it if you want)
3. Supersume.apk {MUST BE VERSION 6.4} (application used to change from kingroot to supersu)

note -- Pay attention to versions,messing with them will not allow you to achieve target.

steps..
1. install kingrootsetup on pc(must have internet connection to work)
2. connect ur phone with ADB enabled from developers option
3. root ur phone by following on screen instructions...
4. after rooting,install supersume on phone
5.open the app,click on big blue button and wait...

done,replaced kingroot with supersu..

Hello can someone give me a link to supersume 6.4apk please
Thanks
27th July 2016, 08:04 AM |#11  
Flag Patna
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010radams

Hello can someone give me a link to supersume 6.4apk please
Thanks

sure....it will be my pleasure.

ok !

download from attachment and install,then get rid of kinguser...
Attached Files
File Type: apk supersume-6.4.apk - [Click for QR Code] (9.08 MB, 13960 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected]_Rocker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected]_Rocker Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)