Unlocked HTC AMAZE 4G it's not a truly unlocked?

Search This thread

Aqdam1978

Sep 13, 2015
Hi,

I had a LOCKED version of HTC AMAZE 4G with WindMobile Canada.
I rooted my device and I get unlock file from HTCdev website too.
I flashed a custom ROM on my phone...
Now bootloader shows:
*** UNLOCKED ***
RUBY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.93.0002
OpenASDP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0202
eMMC-boot
Mar 15 2012, 21:46:51

As you seen, my phone's status changed to UNLOCKED and I have a custom ROM on it.
BUT when I tried to use another sim card (rogers) on my phone, It shows: Network error: enter 8 digit code!

can anybody help me in this problem?
Also, I tried to back to stock WINDMOBILE ROM but it shows HBoot version error.
How can I get back to stock rom? just with S-OFF? and if yes, how to do S-OFF?

Thank you for your time and supports.

Andorid version: 4.0.3
Baseband version: 1.14.550L.17DC_30.78.550L.15D
Kernel version: 3.0.16-gb80210f
Build number: IML74K

ezdi

Dec 14, 2010
The unlock you see is for bootloader unlock. It is different from sim unlock.

If you fail to enter the code enough times you can never do it the normal way. If you're s-off (you're not right now) you can also do a sim unlock regardless.

If flashing the RUU didn't work, I don't remember how to fix it. You couldn't have changed the CID if you weren't s-off.

Aqdam1978

Sep 13, 2015
The unlock you see is for bootloader unlock. It is different from sim unlock.

If you fail to enter the code enough times you can never do it the normal way. If you're s-off (you're not right now) you can also do a sim unlock regardless.

If flashing the RUU didn't work, I don't remember how to fix it. You couldn't have changed the CID if you weren't s-off.

----------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your help, but my phone is "NETWORK LOCK", sim card has optional lock code that it is disable in my phone, so, my phone is not Sim locked, It's just Network Locked!
So, How is it possible? as I know bootloader is dedicated for carriers (e.g. WindMobile), and now I have unlocked phone but it does not accept any other sim card because of network locked situation!?

Thanks,