FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Amazon Fire 5th Gen [SuperTool] Root, Google play install, block ota updates and more

2,736 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,222

Post Reply Email Thread
20th June 2016, 11:15 PM |#1001  
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tul9033

I ordered 2. The black one was 5.1.1 and the Tangerine was 5.1.4. 5.1.1 was much easier to root.

Was going to order tangerine on last day of $39.99 sale but ordered black after reading your post. Wanted 5.1.1 and received 5.1.1 today. Thanks for the heads-up

20th June 2016, 11:28 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
FWIW I ordered a Black and Blue one during the $39.99 sale and the black came with 5.1.2 and the blue with 5.1.3 installed. About to roll back to 5.1.2 and attempt this tool.

Edit: all is well!

Thanks!
21st June 2016, 06:18 AM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atroph

FWIW I ordered a Black and Blue one during the $39.99 sale and the black came with 5.1.2 and the blue with 5.1.3 installed. About to roll back to 5.1.2 and attempt this tool.
Edit: all is well!
Thanks!

Can you confirm which 5.1.2 you downloaded/installed please? I've tried numerous times, /think/ I've got the right 5.1.2, it's showing in the 'update' part as 5.1.2, but kingroot simply wan't install. I've cleared cache/factory reset, re adb sideloaded, but just won't root. (also just got my Fire a couple of days ago, came with 5.1.2.1)

*edit. Well, after rebooting over and over, reloading, I unplugged the USB cable, removed it from 'home' and relaunched and it went straight in. Cheers everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jyveafk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jyveafk Ad-Free
21st June 2016, 12:51 PM |#1004  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,624

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyveafk

Can you confirm which 5.1.2 you downloaded/installed please? I've tried numerous times, /think/ I've got the right 5.1.2, it's showing in the 'update' part as 5.1.2, but kingroot simply wan't install. I've cleared cache/factory reset, re adb sideloaded, but just won't root. (also just got my Fire a couple of days ago, came with 5.1.2.1)

*edit. Well, after rebooting over and over, reloading, I unplugged the USB cable, removed it from 'home' and relaunched and it went straight in. Cheers everyone.

Notes to future readers:
- at present sideloading 5.1.2 just prior to root attempt increases success rate
- don't register device w/Amazon prior to rooting
- keep WiFi off until requested by Kingroot
- simple is better: disconnect cables, eject SD card, don't sideload extraneous apps, reboot prior to trying Kingroot
- factory resets, cache clearing, etc are largely ineffective
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davey126 Ad-Free
21st June 2016, 05:23 PM |#1005  

More
I ran into a problem where google services blocked the install of king root. I clean wiped and started over with a fresh adb sideload. Once done with google store install I made sure to decline google's request to monitor app activity (or something like that.)

It took king root a few times to take, but it eventually did.

The tab with 5.1.3 installed was the easiest and went smooth a silk. Adb sideload downgrade and followed the tool instructions.

The tab with 5.1.2 installed was a little more finicky and was the one I side loaded twice before it was happy.

I am on Linux Ubuntu 14.04 if that makes any difference.
22nd June 2016, 06:41 AM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Need help
Im new to my kindle and have rooted androids b4 I need help I have a kindle fire with fire os 5.1.4 and want to make it an android tablet??
22nd June 2016, 02:07 PM |#1007  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaxmofo

Im new to my kindle and have rooted androids b4 I need help I have a kindle fire with fire os 5.1.4 and want to make it an android tablet??

Downgrade to 5.1.2 via adb sideload and use automated tool in first post.

Use flashfire to load ROM of your choice.

Follow instructions carefully for your firmware version.
22nd June 2016, 02:37 PM |#1008  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaxmofo

Quote:

Downgrade to 5.1.2 via adb sideload and use automated tool in first post.

Use flashfire to load ROM of your choice.

Follow instructions carefully for your firmware version.

Refer to index for additional material. Fire devices are not your typical Android gizmo. Read and ask questions before acting. Good luck.

Note: corrected link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/amaz...-2015-t3210485
22nd June 2016, 02:45 PM |#1009  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Refer to index for additional material. Fire devices are not your typical Android gizmo. Read and ask questions before acting. Good luck.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/kind...7-8-9-t3206703

Is there an index for the standard 7" Fire 5th Gen?

The link you provided goes to the Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9" (3rd Gen/2013) index which could lead to confusion to newer users.

Perhaps this one is a little more relevant: http://forum.xda-developers.com/amaz...endly-t3205441
22nd June 2016, 04:00 PM |#1010  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Is there an index for the standard 7" Fire 5th Gen?

The link you provided goes to the Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9" (3rd Gen/2013) index which could lead to confusion to newer users.

Perhaps this one is a little more relevant: http://forum.xda-developers.com/amaz...endly-t3205441

Sorry - quick fingers grabbed the wrong index. Corrected original post and I included proper link below.

The Following User Says Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davey126 Ad-Free
22nd June 2016, 09:05 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Note: corrected link

getting adb server is out of date killing... device '(null)' not found
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)