FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Amazon Fire 5th Gen [SuperTool] Root, Google play install, block ota updates and more

2,736 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,225

Post Reply Email Thread
18th December 2015, 05:12 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theusualuser

Hi, this isn't usually my wheelhouse but I got one of these for my daughter for Christmas and I've read through the thread. I think I managed to get the ADB drivers to update correctly. It now seems to recognize my device as unauthorized. What is the next step I would want to take? I'd like to totally replace Amazon's stuff with Nova if that's possible, and I want the play store on there and I want the device rooted so I can get an adblocker like adaway up and working (3 year old daughter loves to click on everything). What's the order I want to go about this?

I had an issue too. I had to use this. http://adbdriver.com/documentation/a...sb-driver.html It allowed me to install the driver. It tells you how to turn off your driver signing too if its blocking the process. Which seemed to be my problem. I used the Supertool then to root, install google play, turn off OTA and replace launcher with Nova on both my kids Fire's that they are getting for christmas. Worked perfectly. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to SimsDelt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SimsDelt Ad-Free

18th December 2015, 09:43 PM |#102  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher98

I'm getting the device to show up in ADB on the driver check, but when it goes into fastboot it doesn't show up. Using Windows 7 btw. Any ideas?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Having the same problem on windows 10. The tool reboots my Fire into fastboot mode and then it just says < waiting for device >

Any ideas?

EDIT:
Make sure you used Android Composite ADB Interface for your driver install, I used the non composite one at first and after i switched it my issue was fixed.
18th December 2015, 09:48 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsta

Having the same problem on windows 10. The tool reboots my Fire into fastboot mode and then it just says < waiting for device >

Any ideas?

Going to try another pc unless a fix comes around.

18th December 2015, 09:57 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimsDelt

I had an issue too. I had to use this. http://adbdriver.com/documentation/a...sb-driver.html It allowed me to install the driver. It tells you how to turn off your driver signing too if its blocking the process. Which seemed to be my problem. I used the Supertool then to root, install google play, turn off OTA and replace launcher with Nova on both my kids Fire's that they are getting for christmas. Worked perfectly. Hope this helps.

Pretty sure the driver is working fine in his case though, if you don't approve the adb connection on the tablet side with tick box and agreement, then adb will not be authorized to the Fire.
18th December 2015, 10:10 PM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klsystem1

worked perfect yesterday on 3 devices. The only thing I recognized was that I had to make a factory reset before... pre installed google playstore can't cope with the script.
my questions so far: Why should I block OTA Updates ? I only want to use Nova Launcher and playstore. Is there a OTA blocking necessary ?
Nova and Firelauncher for choose would be great, but at the moment only Nova Launcher is present. (After factory set too!).
Thank so much for that supertool ! christmas is saved for 3 young boys.

Factory reset doesn't mess with system files and the launcher was one, Nova Launcher is once you've used the script. OTA blocking stops it updating and if it does it'll very likely wipe the nova and play store, and more importantly possibly block the methods used to get them installed.
The fire launcher can be found in the op here and installed. http://forum.xda-developers.com/amaz...ncher-t3239540

Quote:

I'm getting the device to show up in ADB on the driver check, but when it goes into fastboot it doesn't show up. Using Windows 7 btw. Any ideas?

That's down to there being different device drivers for the Fire (and all android devices tbh) in fully running and fastboot modes. Need to check your drivers whilst it's in fastboot mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.TheMaster

The earlier version of the SuperTool (before 5.1.1 options ) had no problem with me on 5.1.1 at all.. I installed Google apps and it worked like a charm.. but the latest version (December 17th 2015) I open the .bat file.. is shows adb devices attached.. it shows my device as usual and then it just turns off.. it does not show the 9 options that I should get.. I tried to run it as administrator and had no luck with it.. can you please explain to me what i can do? BTW I still have the older version and it is still working.. anyway thanks for helping us out

Yeah I had that problem yesterday, tried today and without changing anything it works. So bit bemused on that one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pond-life For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pond-life Ad-Free
18th December 2015, 10:37 PM |#106  
Quote:

install the fastboot drivers and try unplugging the device and plugging it back in while in fastboot mode
19th December 2015, 12:21 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 302

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the tool.
For some us who hate watching videos, instructions in text would be nice
19th December 2015, 12:22 AM |#108  
Flag Edinburgh
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Many thanks, great tool that just works.
The Following User Says Thank You to fergiet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fergiet Ad-Free
19th December 2015, 01:23 AM |#109  
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 62

More
@Tomsgt could you please try installing CM12.1 over FireOS 5.1.1 via FlashFire? Some people said it would work.. Maybe you will make a video about it if it works thanks

Kindly press thanks if I helped
19th December 2015, 01:45 AM |#110  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.TheMaster

@Tomsgt could you please try installing CM12.1 over FireOS 5.1.1 via FlashFire? Some people said it would work.. Maybe you will make a video about it if it works thanks

Randomblame already tried. cm12.1 didn't work Slim did

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=92
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pond-life For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pond-life Ad-Free
19th December 2015, 02:23 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbandana

Under portable devices:
It now shows "Fire" it used to display "MTP USB Device", I believe.

Now have a section for Fire Devices, which displays:
Android Composite ADB interface

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

Think I should uninstall both and try again?

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

deleting both devices from device manager and htc sync manager allowed device to go into root process. wow, i'm becoming an idiot at my old age.

Uninstall the Fire Driver - it did the trick for me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)