FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Amazon Fire 5th Gen [SuperTool] Root, Google play install, block ota updates and more

2,736 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,222

Post Reply Email Thread
17th December 2015, 01:56 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by revdirty

trying now, and for anyone else, i am opting to have this conversation in the thread instead of a pm so that it may help others later.

Edit: still same error msg as before , attempted to run from root of C: with running bat as admin

Hmm...
I assume you've tried NOT as admin, also?

If so and still doesn't work, if your alright with it PM me again, and we can perhaps do a remote support session with Teamviewer or Join.me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pappasmurfsharem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pappasmurfsharem Ad-Free

17th December 2015, 01:59 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 335

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsgt

Hi guys its RootJunky again and i have put together another SuperTool for all of you.

Link to Supertool HERE

Wow, nice! What about option to disable Firelauncher instead of deleting? Some folks on rooted stock want to occasionally use the Amazon UI. Thanks for consideration.
17th December 2015, 01:59 AM |#23  
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappasmurfsharem

Hmm...
I assume you've tried NOT as admin, also?

If so and still doesn't work, if your alright with it PM me again, and we can perhaps do a remote support session with Teamviewer or Join.me

tested many time and just ran it again here. thanks for being a great help to the community buddy
17th December 2015, 02:08 AM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsgt

tested many time and just ran it again here. thanks for being a great help to the community buddy

Yeah worked for me also.

My assumption is when he extracted the files didn't get copied (possibly antivirus) OR some strange permissions issue on the folder.

A batch file should use the "root folders" objects, but its possible that when running as admin its running the commands normally, however its trying to locate the files in system32. Doubtful however as the adb.exe wouldn't get called.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoLooper

Wow, nice! What about option to disable Firelauncher instead of deleting? Some folks on rooted stock want to occasionally use the Amazon UI. Thanks for consideration.

if you can at least get it rooted. and get a launcher installed from the AppStore

open a CMD PROMPT in the folder where you extracted his zip.
#Shift + Right Click - in some white space in the folder - and click Open Command Window Here#

type

Code:
adb shell
su
pm disable com.amazon.firelauncher
then press your home button and you should get prompted to use your installed launcher.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pappasmurfsharem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pappasmurfsharem Ad-Free
17th December 2015, 02:09 AM |#25  
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappasmurfsharem

Yeah worked for me also.

My assumption is when he extracted the files didn't get copied (possibly antivirus) OR some strange permissions issue on the folder.

A batch file should use the "root folders" objects, but its possible that when running as admin its running the commands normally, however its trying to locate the files in system32. Doubtful however as the adb.exe wouldn't get called.[COLOR="Silver"]

yeah not sure what is going on with that guy
17th December 2015, 02:12 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Its currently attempting from root of c: not as admin on the bat this time, and it is now optimizing system , when its done ill check root and report back
17th December 2015, 02:20 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Out of curiosity, will we be able to get xposed framework to work now that it can be rooted? Or do we need a custom ROM first...

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbraney

Out of curiosity, will we be able to get xposed framework to work now that it can be rooted? Or do we need a custom ROM first...

As I said before, the biggest reason I want root is to set apps, videos, music, etc. to autodownload to the SD card, since I plan on filling it up. I heard that with Xposed I can pretty much put everything on there, and even set default download locations. I also heard that you could set it to trick the system into thinking the SD card and internal storage are one and the same...

Is all of this true?
17th December 2015, 02:21 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Ok I GOT ROOT! well im not sure why i had to not run the bat in admin but that did the trick. Thank you to everyone that helped me specially pappasmurfsharem.
17th December 2015, 02:23 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:

Ok I GOT ROOT! well im not sure why i had to not run the bat in admin but that did the trick. Thank you to everyone that helped me specially pappasmurfsharem.

Nice! BTW on a different note, I forgot to mention in my question that I succeeded in getting root from rootjunky's file. You are great man! In only a few short days we've gotten root. This community is great. Next up, BOOTLOADER!
The Following User Says Thank You to jbraney For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jbraney Ad-Free
17th December 2015, 02:23 AM |#31  

More
Quote:

YAY!

Hopefully your kids can have a Happy Christmas now.
The Following User Says Thank You to pappasmurfsharem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pappasmurfsharem Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)