FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Amazon Fire 5th Gen [SuperTool] Root, Google play install, block ota updates and more

2,736 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,224

Post Reply Email Thread
18th March 2016, 09:16 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndg_2000

Hi just a quick message
believe I have root on my kindle fire 7inch 5.1.2 using king root 4.5.0
Checked with Rootchecker pro 1.5.8
Anyone else managed with this

Did you use the app or desktop version of KingRoot?

Has anyone else been able to verify this works?

18th March 2016, 10:21 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm pretty much a complete worthless noob with this stuff, but I did manage to use RootJunkie's supertool to install Google Play and switch to Nova launcher(Thank you RJ). Not to hijack this awesome thread, but I have a quick question. I changed the background picture on Nova launcher. Before I got the OTA updates blocked, it installed 5.1.2. The tablet is back to the Amazon launcher, but it still has the ugly background pic I had set in Nova. Anyone know of a way to change the background pic in the Amazon launcher.....or is it just stuck until someone (much smarter than me) comes up with these same tools for 5.1.2??
19th March 2016, 07:14 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
{okay never mind. I had a whole huge post here talking about how I thought the 5.11 --> 5.12 update had ruined my Google Play store functionality--literally the ONLY Fire customization I have turned on--but it's not true. Instead I had one corrupt app install that was causing the whole store to break and I misdiagnosed that as being the fault of the OS upgrade. If the Play store is the only customization you have it DOES seem to still work (I found that out after I zapped my corrupted app)--although I can't say if the Supertool could reinstall this stuff if I ever lost it off my Fire now that I'm on 5.12.}
19th March 2016, 09:25 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Did you use the app or desktop version of KingRoot? App

Has anyone else been able to verify this works? Haven't had any replies stating yes or no.

I would proceed with caution as I had root and tried to switch to super Su using a switching program and hard bricked my device so king root is as far as it goes at the moment
19th March 2016, 06:20 PM |#505  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndg_2000

Did you use the app or desktop version of KingRoot? App

Has anyone else been able to verify this works? Haven't had any replies stating yes or no.

I would proceed with caution as I had root and tried to switch to super Su using a switching program and hard bricked my device so king root is as far as it goes at the moment

did you try to use supersume app?
19th March 2016, 09:58 PM |#506  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

There is no evidence 5.1.2 can be safely downgraded...nor is their evidence that it can not. No one has reported success or failure. We do know that any attempt to rollback 5.1.1 resulted in a hard brick.

yeah I just tried to downgrade from fire os 5.1.2 to 5.1.1 just for the hell of it and it hard bricked one of my devices. so do not try and adb sideload to downgrade... it will end badly. The more you know
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tomsgt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tomsgt Ad-Free
20th March 2016, 02:57 AM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsgt

yeah I just tried to downgrade from fire os 5.1.2 to 5.1.1 just for the hell of it and it hard bricked one of my devices. so do not try and adb sideload to downgrade... it will end badly. The more you know

Any luck figuring out a root method?
KingRoot + Super-SuMe?
Other options?
20th March 2016, 09:39 AM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Kingroot says 5.1.1 not root (the apk don't detect the new version 5.1.2) and don't root... I try many times but didn't work... I don't know but after unistall the kingroot apk i see some issues whit wifi connection, no big deal but it's annoying. I hope some miracle for ours kindle fire.
20th March 2016, 01:24 PM |#509  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsgt

did you try to use supersume app?

Yes and soft bricked my device

then downloaded the latest firmware from amazon website which afterwards i realised was 5.1.1 and hard bricked it
rang Amazon.co.uk and have a shiny refurbished one after saying screen did not work/ wouldn't switch on and going through "fault finding steps"......... its on 5.0.1 not connected it to wifi as yet for it to update
20th March 2016, 02:10 PM |#510  
Flag Grand Rapids
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I can't seem to find the directions for Mac installation... am I missing something?
21st March 2016, 12:58 AM |#511  

More
Hi
Big thank you to R. J. For the super tool it worked a treat now have an ad free , rooted, gapps, kindle. Mmm now what next 😈 might have to look into the ROM's that are available
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)