Remove All Ads from XDA

Amazon Fire 5th Gen 2015 Root[only hd 7 and os 5.0.1]

580 posts
Thanks Meter: 226

By Awesomeslayerg, Senior Member on 1st November 2015, 05:49 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
NOTE THIS ROOT ONLY WORKS WITH FIRE OS 5.0.1 AND ONLY THE HD 7 NOT THE 10 OR 8

WE HAVE GAINED ROOT!!!
Thanks to @jkchr1s for the help and the windows bat file, @csolanol for actually finding the root, and @diegocr as well as the @Chainfire SuperSu for the root binaries!!

Heres a video for you guys who need help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux-2...ature=youtu.be

Just download the zip file from this link and remember to use a windows/linux device for now.
Mediafire Mirror #1
For windows hit install.bat and follow trough the steps
For Linux run it through the linux command prompt

2nd way to root:
1. Download supers from chain fires website https://download.chainfire.eu/696/supersu/
2. Download @ggow custom recovery or @cnsoal Twrp
http://forum.xda-developers.com/amaz...overy-t3242548
http://forum.xda-developers.com/amaz...11-04-t3240726
3. Place the recovery image in the same folder as adb and fastboot.
4. Put your fire in fastboot mode
5. Boot into the custom recovery via "fastboot boot <recoverimsgename>.img.
6. You should be in the cynogen recovery (Or twrp depending on which recovery you downloaded_
7. Then pick adb sideload, and select it and manually install drivers. If you're too lazy just place su in your SD card and flash the zip from there.
8. Adb sideload supersu and you'll get root!!

REMEMBER WE ARE NOT LIABLE IF YOUR TABLET IS BRICKED!!!

I have also left the boot.img tool as well as the modified versions of the boot.img files just incase if anyone else wants to probably dig deeper and explore more about the boot.img file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bootimg.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.97 MB, 9332 views)
File Type: img boot-rw-system.img - [Click for QR Code] (4.24 MB, 5068 views)
File Type: img boot-firelauncher.img - [Click for QR Code] (4.24 MB, 4874 views)
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to Awesomeslayerg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Awesomeslayerg Ad-Free

1st November 2015, 01:51 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Have you tried adding the su binary to /sbin in the ramdisk, and editing default.prop to ro.secure=0?
1st November 2015, 02:14 PM |#3  
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 242

Donate to Me
More
just adding it to /sbin wont solve this. you would have to add all the selinux info for it also and then also manage to start the su daemon.
ro.secure=0 is already inside the attached boot.img above, doesn't seem to help
1st November 2015, 05:08 PM |#4  
Flag Chattanooga, TN
Thanks Meter: 162

More
If we have r/w to the filesystem, take a look at the root script in this LG package: http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...vices-t3129197

Do you think this method would work?
The Following User Says Thank You to jkchr1s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jkchr1s Ad-Free
1st November 2015, 05:12 PM |#5  
Flag Plano, Texas
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Lol wow! Seems to be sparked by my discovery of this new root method! Anyhow, @jkchr1s might be on to something.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkchr1s

If we have r/w to the filesystem, take a look at the root script in this LG package: http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...vices-t3129197

Do you think this method would work?

I'll try it!
EDIT: DON'T DO IT! IT CONTAINS LG DEVICE SPECIFIC THINGS AND IT COULD BRICK YOUR DEVICE. GOOD THING I LOOKED AT THE INSTALL.BAT BEFORE I TRIED IT!
1st November 2015, 05:19 PM |#6  
Flag Chattanooga, TN
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasp

Lol wow! Seems to be sparked by my discovery of this new root method! Anyhow, @jkchr1s might be on to something.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

I'll try it!
EDIT: DON'T DO IT! IT CONTAINS LG DEVICE SPECIFIC THINGS AND IT COULD BRICK YOUR DEVICE. GOOD THING I LOOKED AT THE INSTALL.BAT BEFORE I TRIED IT!

I don't mean to run the root.bat file, look at the root script. It copies SuperSU binaries, adds a su service, and chcon's the necessary files.
The Following User Says Thank You to jkchr1s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jkchr1s Ad-Free
1st November 2015, 05:24 PM |#7  
Flag Plano, Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkchr1s

I don't mean to run the root.bat file, look at the root script. It copies SuperSU binaries, adds a su service, and chcon's the necessary files.

Yeah, but we are going to have to change the device specific stuff (if it matters for our device).
1st November 2015, 05:24 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 226

More
I have updated the thread!! Thanks @jkchr1s for the clear steps and @diegocr for helping out and giving us r/w ability.
The Following User Says Thank You to Awesomeslayerg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Awesomeslayerg Ad-Free
1st November 2015, 05:50 PM |#9  
Flag Plano, Texas

More
This will work for rooting this device now.
1st November 2015, 05:59 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 714

Donate to Me
More
Someone is root .............

With boot.img
The Following User Says Thank You to diegocr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diegocr Ad-Free
1st November 2015, 06:00 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,582

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasp

This or KingRoot will work for rooting this device now.

I adapted the guide and u know what?. I am root!!!
Did all the steps by hand and SuperSu is working, i can make su in adb shell.
I can't write a guide right now, i have to go out of the house but this is done guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to csolanol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift csolanol Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread