FORUMS

[HOW-TO] Install Google Play Store (Fire OS 5.X) (No Root/PC/ADB)

566 posts
Thanks Meter: 337

By Gilly10, Senior Member on 24th October 2016, 10:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th November 2017, 08:33 PM |#561  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 237

More
I've just bought a Fire Tablet 7" in the Black Friday sales for £29. I too am also finding it impossible to press the Install button. I have enabled Unknown Sources, tried locking then relocking, and also going to the app list and then back into the app, but the Install button cannot be pressed. The Install button has orange text on it, not grey. Ive also tried changing the screen orientation from portrait to landscape.
REBOOT!!!!
now it works
24th November 2017, 11:56 PM |#562  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinokirk

I've just bought a Fire Tablet 7" in the Black Friday sales for £29. I too am also finding it impossible to press the Install button. I have enabled Unknown Sources, tried locking then relocking, and also going to the app list and then back into the app, but the Install button cannot be pressed. The Install button has orange text on it, not grey. Ive also tried changing the screen orientation from portrait to landscape.
REBOOT!!!!
now it works

If you have a bluetooth keyboard around, you can just hit tab until install is highlighted, then press enter (confirmed on HD10)
26th November 2017, 08:25 AM |#563  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
"I've just bought a Fire Tablet 7" in the Black Friday sales for £29"

So did I - I had no trouble installing the Play store (thanks to the OP) and when installing the APK's did not have to do anything apart from scroll down
26th November 2017, 08:28 AM |#564  
Flag Huelva
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsims

"I've just bought a Fire Tablet 7" in the Black Friday sales for £29"

So did I - I had no trouble installing the Play store (thanks to the OP) and when installing the APK's did not have to do anything apart from scroll down

You have two options:

1. When sideloading the APKs you'll need to press the POWER BUTTON to lock the device when on the APK install screen and then unlock it again to allow the INSTALL BUTTON to be pressed.

2. When sideloading the APKs you'll need to press the RECENT/TASKS BUTTON (Square icon next to the Home (Circle icon) on the bottom navigation bar) when on the APK install screen and then press it again to go back to the task to allow the INSTALL BUTTON to be pressed.
26th November 2017, 08:34 AM |#565  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Huelva - thanks for trying to help but I was making the point that I did not have to do 1 or 2
26th November 2017, 09:12 AM |#566  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Am I right in thinking that this only works for one profile? It worked fine for my profile but when I tried to do the same to a second profile it failed to install Google Play Services (but the previous two apks installed fine).
26th November 2017, 01:10 PM |#567  
Thanks Meter: 9,856

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBarryScot

Am I right in thinking that this only works for one profile? It worked fine for my profile but when I tried to do the same to a second profile it failed to install Google Play Services (but the previous two apks installed fine).

Correct. There are 'hacks' that allow limited operation on multiple profiles but you'll likely pay a penalty in performance and storage. This device barely has enough resources for a single user. Without root resource sharing is severely limited.
26th November 2017, 04:47 PM |#568  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Edit: @lghorn99 - recheck this thread for a both a new and resurfaced idea:
- new: use a bluetooth or OTG keyboard for navigation to the install button
- resurfaced: insure Amazon's Blue Shade filter is disabled in settings as they can block 3rd party app installations

Thanks Davey. I rebooted the device again and verified the blue shade filter was disabled. Connected a bluetooth keyboard and tabbed over to the Install button. It remained gray and disabled / unclickable.

So, I again went back to settings and unchecked / checked allow from unknown sources, then used the recents button to go back to the install screen, and voila, it was highlighted and clickable. I had done this several times previously, but it finally worked this time. I was able to install everything on my profile and access Play Store to install YouTube Kids. Works great!

Now the challenge is getting it working on my child's profile. I read how to do this by copying the APK to an SD card and attempting install within the child's profile using a file manager. As the child profiles do not show a recents button I was able to use the screen lock / unlock to activate the install button. Unfortunately, the result says "Not installed" and I've tried different versions of the APK with the same result. Perhaps it's the 5.6.0 OS preventing this. I'll try APKs for other apps today to see if outcome is any different.

So close!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to lghorn99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lghorn99 Ad-Free
26th November 2017, 06:10 PM |#569  
Thanks Meter: 459

More
Hi all,
I'm late comer here, I have an old Fire that I want to get the Google Apps installed.
I actually have the Kindle Fire HD 8.9", 2nd gen with 8.5.1_user_5159720 firmware version.
I've downloaded those 4 apks files mentioned in first page but always getting Parse Error.
Am I getting the wrong files or my Fire is too old for update?
I've tried to download and re-download a couple of times, same behavior, though.
26th November 2017, 06:13 PM |#570  
Thanks Meter: 9,856

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by votinh

Hi all,
I'm late comer here, I have an old Fire that I want to get the Google Apps installed.
I actually have the Kindle Fire HD 8.9", 2nd gen with 8.5.1_user_5159720 firmware version.
I've downloaded those 4 apks files mentioned in first page but always getting Parse Error.
Am I getting the wrong files or my Fire is too old for update?
I've tried to download and re-download a couple of times, same behavior, though.

Wrong forum; ask here.
The Following User Says Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
26th November 2017, 06:28 PM |#571  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Should I use the apk for HD8 on a new Fire HD10 7th gen?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)