Remove All Ads from XDA

How to get rid of ads "special offers " on the lock screen no root no PC

203 posts
Thanks Meter: 56

By williambright80, Senior Member on 7th April 2017, 01:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Pretty sure I found a way they will work a lot of the time
Step 1. Go into the help app
Step 2 click on contact via email (they reply fast)
Step 3 click on problems with lock screen /notifications
Step 4 click on seeing notifications
Step 5 use this text in the describe the problem " I would like to disable the intrusive ads on the lockscreen at get in the way of seeing my wallpaper."
And then they will most likely disable special offers after that
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-04-06-16-28-49.png
Views:	21396
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	4104169   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-04-06-16-31-44.png
Views:	21356
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	4104170  
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to williambright80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift williambright80 Ad-Free

7th April 2017, 08:00 PM |#2  
Wrong. I got sick of the ads to the point I paid the $15. But what for? They don't let me uninstall the 'Special Offers' App after paying. If I had to guess, I would say they don't even turn the ads off and they just place wallpapers over the top of them. I totally had forgotten about this until I saw your post. I will be calling hem or emailing them to ask them to remove the app altogether or refund me my $15.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DragonFire1024 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DragonFire1024 Ad-Free
7th April 2017, 10:13 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 9,235

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFire1024

Wrong. I got sick of the ads to the point I paid the $15. But what for? They don't let me uninstall the 'Special Offers' App after paying. If I had to guess, I would say they don't even turn the ads off and they just place wallpapers over the top of them. I totally had forgotten about this until I saw your post. I will be calling hem or emailing them to ask them to remove the app altogether or refund me my $15.

Why is the previous poster "wrong"? Understand you are fussed about the app remaining after paying $15 USD but most folks are simply happy to see the ads disappear even if downloads still occur in the background. To each his own - there is no "wrong" or "right".
The Following User Says Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
7th April 2017, 11:36 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Why is the previous poster "wrong"? Understand you are fussed about the app remaining after paying $15 USD but most folks are simply happy to see the ads disappear even if downloads still occur in the background. To each his own - there is no "wrong" or "right".

You're right. I could've used better words. I can understand how most would be happy with that, but most don't understand or even know it still runs in the background or wherever. I just feel like it's a scam is all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DragonFire1024 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DragonFire1024 Ad-Free
12th April 2017, 02:54 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
i just wanted to say thank you, this method worked perfectly! Saves me $15
12th April 2017, 09:09 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I tried in French, let's see
Thx

Edit : They ask me to pay xD
14th April 2017, 02:16 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Worked for me.
14th April 2017, 05:00 PM |#8  

More
Just registered to say thanks! Worked for me.
14th April 2017, 05:42 PM |#9  
My Fire 7 screen died. I have a Fire 8 on the way. I'm going to ask if they'll transfer my 'ransom' payment from my 7 to the 8...given I only paid to have the ads removed less than two weeks or so ago.
14th April 2017, 09:23 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Wow, something similar in german worked. And I got a reply within 15min at 10pm today, on a public holiday, wow

But the reply states that it is a 'one time exception from their policy' to remove the ads. As long as you only have that one device, it's ok.
15th April 2017, 11:09 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSup

Wow, something similar in german worked. And I got a reply within 15min at 10pm today, on a public holiday, wow

But the reply states that it is a 'one time exception from their policy' to remove the ads. As long as you only have that one device, it's ok.

Can you send me what you wrote in German? I'm currently living in Germany now but my german is ****ty.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)