FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Any Launcher, No Root (Launcher Hijack V4)

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 115

By BaronKiko, Member on 22nd February 2017, 12:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th April 2019, 11:00 PM |#391  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldani82

I've been using the Hijacker for a good while, thank you for the great app! I hadn't updated it to the latest version until I had reason to. That was today. The app stopped working, so I was trying to see if any setting had been reset. This is what I can tell:

The device is a Kindle Fire HD 10 (2017) with Fire OS version of 5.6.4.0 (636558520).
The app isn't listed in the settings under manage all applications on the "all" apps tab.
When I try to install the apk again (assuming the app had been removed somehow), a popup tells me that version 3.0 is already installed.
When I install 3.0 anyway, it says "installed", but the app is still missing.
When I try to install the recently downloaded 4.0.3 instead, it does not work and says "App not installed" with no further information.
When I go to accessibility -> detect home button press, I have no such option.

I assume the last issue is because the accessibility options have been disabled due to an update, which has happened in the past. That one I should be able to fix with an adb shell command, but what do I do about the LauncherHijacker not working/being missing despite the apparent success at installing it?

Same here.
Kindle Fire HD8, Fire OS 5.3.6.4 (626533320)
Just as I tapped on the screen whilst browsing a web page, I saw a window with a message relating to LaucherHijack but it disappeared. Now like the above post, no amount of reinstalling the app will bring it back. When I do reinstall the app, it's always an update, never a fresh install and once it's finished, I can't run the app, only close the installer.

It doesn't appear in any app list, not even Nova Launcher when I run it. Also, the accessibility option for it has vanished as well.

Is this some kind of sneak attack by Amazon?

30th April 2019, 01:20 AM |#392  

More
According to the git hub page, someone was able to get it working again by rebuilding and renaming the package. Seems like Amazon has blocked the package name from running.

Anyone have any ideas how to do this? I'm a newb when it comes to Android.

Quote:

darthyoshiboy commented an hour ago
I built the project after renaming the package (Not going to say what to for reasons I'm about to go into) and changing the service android:label (Just because "To detect home button press" has always been more verbose than I cared for and so long as I was kicking things, why not? I only mention that I changed it in case it has anything to do with my success) in the AndroidManifest.xml and it installs and works without issues.

Amazon appear to have blacklisted the package name as my first shot at changing it to anything else worked fine. Once I renamed and built the package under a new name, it fires right up and works as well as anything. Running as com.somethingelse.anothersomething with no other changes (other than the service label as mentioned) seems to have gotten it going without issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to brodie01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brodie01 Ad-Free
30th April 2019, 03:42 AM |#393  

More
Ok. I can confirm this works. I renamed the app throughout using android studio and rebuilt the apk. Full disclosure - I had no clue what I was doing. But I was able to install and it’s working again, setting returns to accessibility and launcher app works as it did before.
30th April 2019, 05:02 AM |#394  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Care to share the modified apk? Like others, I lack the tools and knowledge to rename the app in Android Studio. A link to the fixed APK would be extremely helpful.

Thanks.
30th April 2019, 05:23 AM |#395  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowvfx

Care to share the modified apk? Like others, I lack the tools and knowledge to rename the app in Android Studio. A link to the fixed APK would be extremely helpful.

Thanks.

I modified the apk, works fine again on my Fire HD8(2017).
Make sure you deinstall the old App. Go into Settings>Apps>All>Swipe to the right till all and search your old App. Then install the new Apk.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kqa89...Clone.apk/file

Update:Users reported that the Deinstallation is maybe optional. Try it first without!
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to FreakyyLike For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FreakyyLike Ad-Free
30th April 2019, 05:32 AM |#396  

More
Excellent. Thank you VERY much.
30th April 2019, 06:07 AM |#397  

More
Thanks for the link to the cloned app FreakyyLike. I tried the same and while building the modified app was easy enough (the IntelliJ IDE has some awesome refactoring powers), I still got the same error as before (app not installed). I guess I forgot to change something
30th April 2019, 06:32 AM |#398  

More
The old app doesn't show up under the apps section, or I can't find it. Fortunately, the MediaFire link worked for me!
30th April 2019, 07:50 AM |#399  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyyLike

Make sure you deinstall the old App. Go into Settings>Apps>All>Swipe to the right till all and search your old App. Then install the new Apk.

Download: mediafire.com/file/kqa89yndk468itf/Launcher.Hijack.v.4.0.3.b.43.Clone.apk

Update: If your old App wont show up, try to install the normal apk or even downgrade to V4.0.2 or 3 but dont open it, just install>finish and then try to deinstall the App. Maybe an external DeinstallationApp from the Appstore will also help.
Then install my modified Apk and it should work like before

I have updated my first Post, maybe it'll help you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FreakyyLike For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FreakyyLike Ad-Free
30th April 2019, 08:34 AM |#400  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:

Download: mediafire.com/file/kqa89yndk468itf/Launcher.Hijack.v.4.0.3.b.43.Clone.apk

Thx, it works on my HD 10 also, f*** Amazon!
30th April 2019, 11:27 AM |#401  

More
Quote:

I have updated my first Post, maybe it'll help you

Amazing! Thanks FreakkyLike! Worked perfect on my Fire HD8(2017) 5.3.6.4.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)