# Script to start "appwidget" on the device, which has a very rudimentary shell. base=/system export CLASSPATH=$base/framework/appwidget.jar exec app_process $base/bin com.android.commands.appwidget.AppWidget "[email protected]"
2. Locate appwidget and copy it to clipboard.
3. Paste the file to your PC desktop and open it with a text editor. I use Notepad+++. You do NOT need to make any edits.
4. Click file, save as. Change the filename to appwidget.sh and save it as a Unix file type. (If using regular Notepad, save it as the ALL FILES file type)
5. Copy appwidget.sh and place it into internal storage of your fire (/sdcard).
6. Open ADB, get into a shell and type:
[email protected]:/ $ sh /sdcard/appwidget.sh
adb shell appwidget grantbind --package <PACKAGE.name.of.your.launcher> --user <USER_ID>
If above doesn't work:
adb shell appwidget grantbind --package <PACKAGE.name.of.your.launcher> --user current