- 18.104.22.168 cannot be rooted, nor downgraded -28 Dec 2016
- 5.3.2 can not be rooted, but can be downgraded to 22.214.171.124 - 28 Dec 2016
- 126.96.36.199 cannot be downgraded, trying will brick - 19 Jul 2016
- System version 5.1.4, 5.1.3 & 188.8.131.52 can be downgraded to 5.1.2 - 5 June 2016
- System version 5.1.4, 5.1.3, 184.108.40.206, and 5.1.2 cannot be downgraded to 5.1.1 or lower
- System Version 5.1.X cannot be downgraded to 5.0.X
Note:This Can be done with PC/Mac/Linux but I'm just including PC instructions for now.
How to Downgrade the Firmware on the Amazon Fire 5th gen from 5.3.2 to 5.3.1 using Mac OS
- Install ADB Drivers and verify they are installed correctly
- Setup ADB
- Download the Amazon Fire Firmware and place it with your ADB.exe files
- Verify that Firmware file is correct version, size, and best to check the MD5 or SHA-1 checksum
- Boot into recovery: Hold Volume Down button & Power button at the same time (If it boots to Fastboot mode, use the other Volume button)
- Connect to PC via usb cable
- Select Sideload in recovery
- Recheck Device Manager (PC)
- Send adb code (change to filename of firmware)
adb sideload filename
- Its going take 5- 10 minutes so be patient
- Once the recovery options come back up, wipe data and cache.
- Select Reboot
- Reboot is going to take few minutes BE PATIENT!!